What Would You Do If You Were God?

It's hard to know what we'd do if any one of us was God because we don't know God's thoughts and can't comprehend omniscience. I mean, really we don't even know why he created us in the first place. And why did he create us to be imperfect? OTOH, if God had made the world without evil (including disease, famine, natural disasters, etc.) and people were perfect and always did God's will, well would we really have freedom of choice then?

Or was the cartoon strip in the OP a rhetorical question? :lol:

• Fire 1

Funny cartoon. I think that fart one is really important. If we can get cow farts (some say the methane from all the cows contribute to global warming) to be peppermint, maybe we could capture the scent, sell it as room deodorizers and use the money to combat global warming. :D

Right-hand side of the bottom right panel - is that a UFO? I just read that comic again and noticed that thing.

Ha ha! Sure enough, a flying saucer. I looked right at that thing and it didn't register. :lol:

Interesting idea though - does the creator have right over the creation?

We say yes when it comes to art and intellectual property and stuff, but what about when it comes to sentient beings? And if we were created by a 'God' that was really just a hyper advanced kid playing in a space sandbox, aka that god wasn't perfect and holy, does he have a right to do what he pleases with what he creates?

Interesting idea though - does the creator have right over the creation?

We say yes when it comes to art and intellectual property and stuff, but what about when it comes to sentient beings? And if we were created by a 'God' that was really just a hyper advanced kid playing in a space sandbox, aka that god wasn't perfect and holy, does he have a right to do what he pleases with what he creates?

Let's say you spent a winter of evenings down in your workshop creating a robot. He turned out better than expected, and became your good friend. You sat around watching sports in the evenings, and drinking beer your robot buddy. (He drinks Olde Fortran.) But then you came home from work one day to find that your robot had trashed your house, raped the blender, and put your prized Koi fish in the microwave to watch them flop around and explode. Would you have the right to reprogram him? Or perhaps dismantle him and start from scratch? Even if you had that right, maybe you would ban him from your home (Garden of Eden) instead, knowing that he would lead a hard life and constantly get into trouble? Just food for thought.