Nebraska woman sues all the gays

She listed her address in the document she filed. I'll bet she gets all sorts of interesting things in the mail.

She probably will. That's super unfortunate.

Much as I disagree with her, I'm betting she didn't do it maliciously. I'm sure she thinks she's acting out of love.

Love for whom exactly?

People do some extremely misguided things believing that they're acting out of love. That doesn't make their actions right. In reality, her actions are out of something much closer to batsh*t insanity than love.

The narrative I've heard most is that people against homosexuality on religious grounds aren't bashing the gays, they're trying to help set them right with God. "Love the sinner and hate the sin," that kind of thing.

I don't know this woman and I haven't read her "suit," but based on the Christians I know who will speak about homosexuality, that seems her most likely intent.

• Fire 1

The narrative I've heard most is that people against homosexuality on religious grounds aren't bashing the gays, they're trying to help set them right with God. "Love the sinner and hate the sin," that kind of thing.

I don't know this woman and I haven't read her "suit," but based on the Christians I know who will speak about homosexuality, that seems her most likely intent.

Based on some internet discussions I've seen in which people say that homosexuality is a mental illness or that gay people are lesser people, that's certainly not true for all Christians. I can understand if it's a case where she doesn't have anything against gays personally but doesn't approve of their sexuality, but filing a lawsuit against them is extreme.

Agreed, but we can't really base our opinions of any group by what we read about them on the internet. It's such a different experience here, and the lack of face-to-face communication lends itself to abuses.

And I am not Christian, but I could certainly create a screen name and tell everyone I'm Christian, and act the asshat and give real Christians a bad name.

Based on some internet discussions I've seen in which people say that homosexuality is a mental illness or that gay people are lesser people, that's certainly not true for all Christians. I can understand if it's a case where she doesn't have anything against gays personally but doesn't approve of their sexuality, but filing a lawsuit against them is extreme.

79% of American's say they are Christian. The number is probably somewhere closer to 20%. Meaning, TRUE followers of Jesus Christ.

Basically, just because someone identifies as Christian, doesn't mean they are.

Sylvia Driskell, 66, describes herself as an ambassador of God, And His, Son Jesus Christ [sic]

Two questions:

Why does the media always print stuff like this? There are just as many crackpot atheists. But articles about them seem much less common.

Secondly, why the "[sic]" in the quote above? Is is because she capitalized "And" and "Son"? If Nolan Feeney (author) is going to report on federal court cases perhaps he should buy a Bluebook. :lol:

edit: After looking this over further I believe the "[sic]" is for the comma after "His". Okay, enough of the minutia. lol

You're not a Bryan Garner Redbook guy? Now that's an abomination.

Naw. Just a regular Bluebook guy. :lol:

Agreed, but we can't really base our opinions of any group by what we read about them on the internet. It's such a different experience here, and the lack of face-to-face communication lends itself to abuses.

And I am not Christian, but I could certainly create a screen name and tell everyone I'm Christian, and act the asshat and give real Christians a bad name.

Fair point. Most of the Christians I know personally do have more of a "love the sinner, hate the sin" mentality, or at least seem to. I can understand that, even though I still don't necessarily agree with that mentality.

I am so glad she is doing this. You see, I try to believe I'm fairly close to the center politically. When you have a crack pot state legislator that sues God, I had thought the left had gone further left so my center had to move left. Now, with this crack pot pushing the border to the right more, my center is much more comfortable.

Maybe Ernie and this lady can just have e their own little court over in la la land and leave the important stuff to others.

I am so glad she is doing this. You see, I try to believe I'm fairly close to the center politically. When you have a crack pot state legislator that sues God, I had thought the left had gone further left so my center had to move left. Now, with this crack pot pushing the border to the right more, my center is much more comfortable.

Maybe Ernie and this lady can just have e their own little court over in la la land and leave the important stuff to others.

I had completely forgotten about Ernie's little trip off the deep end. How hilarious embarrassing is it that the guy who tried to sue God and the woman who tried to sue on behalf of God come from the same state?

I had completely forgotten about Ernie's little trip off the deep end. How hilarious embarrassing is it that the guy who tried to sue God and the woman who tried to sue on behalf of God come from the same state?

"I wish those two would leave me out of it."

- Sincerely, God

• Fire 3

Two questions:

Why does the media always print stuff like this? There are just as many crackpot atheists. But articles about them seem much less common.

Secondly, why the "[sic]" in the quote above? Is is because she capitalized "And" and "Son"? If Nolan Feeney (author) is going to report on federal court cases perhaps he should buy a Bluebook. :lol:

edit: After looking this over further I believe the "[sic]" is for the comma after "His". Okay, enough of the minutia. lol

Because batsh*t crazy religious dudes sell more papers than batsh*t crazy atheists...

79% of American's say they are Christian. The number is probably somewhere closer to 20%. Meaning, TRUE followers of Jesus Christ.

Basically, just because someone identifies as Christian, doesn't mean they are.

Because man can judge what god defines as a TRUE follower...