Nebraska woman sues all the gays

The judge said... no.

A judge dismissed an Auburn woman’s lawsuit against homosexuals Wednesday, saying a federal court is not a forum for debate or discourse on theological matters.

"Other forums, freely accessible to citizens of the United States, exist for the purpose of addressing questions of religious doctrine,” wrote U.S. District Judge John Gerrard.

"To the extent that she asks for anything from the court, it is a declaration that homosexuality is sinful — a question that the court cannot answer,” Gerrard said in his order Wednesday afternoon.

He said the deficiencies he listed would, by themselves, be enough to subject the lawsuit to dismissal. However, the judge said, the court need not further address the issues because it was apparent that Driskell also had failed to set forth any factual or legal basis for a federal claim.

I cringe at the inevitable link to some pundit or hothead who lauds this woman as a "hero" or something similar.

Sylvia Driskell, 66, describes herself as an ambassador of “God, And His, Son Jesus Christ [sic]”

Two questions:

Why does the media always print stuff like this? There are just as many crackpot atheists. But articles about them seem much less common.

Secondly, why the "[sic]" in the quote above? Is is because she capitalized "And" and "Son"? If Nolan Feeney (author) is going to report on federal court cases perhaps he should buy a Bluebook. :lol:

edit: After looking this over further I believe the "[sic]" is for the comma after "His". Okay, enough of the minutia. lol

Sylvia Driskell, 66, describes herself as an ambassador of “God, And His, Son Jesus Christ [sic]”

Two questions:

Why does the media always print stuff like this? There are just as many crackpot atheists. But articles about them seem much less common.

Secondly, why the "[sic]" in the quote above? Is is because she capitalized "And" and "Son"? If Nolan Feeney (author) is going to report on federal court cases perhaps he should buy a Bluebook. :lol:

Jesus talked about this. Why Christians are targeted most of the time. Because Jesus said it would happen.

"But you will be betrayed even by parents and brothers and relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death, and you will be hated by all because of My name. - Luke 21:16-17

And you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. - Mark 13:13

and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. - Matthew 10:22

She listed her address in the document she filed. I'll bet she gets all sorts of interesting things in the mail.

She probably will. That's super unfortunate.

Much as I disagree with her, I'm betting she didn't do it maliciously. I'm sure she thinks she's acting out of love.

She must have missed the separation of church and state lecture in government class.

The homosexual community that is in an outrage over the Omaha Skutt teacher being let go because of his plans to marry his same sex partner must have missed it as well.

For the record, a LOT of people who aren't homosexual are outraged over his termination. Being outraged over discrimination isn't, and shouldn't, be reserved for people in one class or group. When one man suffers because of discrimination, we all suffer.

• Fire 4

She must have missed the separation of church and state lecture in government class.

The homosexual community that is in an outrage over the Omaha Skutt teacher being let go because of his plans to marry his same sex partner must have missed it as well.

For the record, a LOT of people who aren't homosexual are outraged over his termination. Being outraged over discrimination isn't, and shouldn't, be reserved for people in one class or group. When one man suffers because of discrimination, we all suffer.

Yea, and just because A LOT of people are outraged doesn't mean they hold clout.

Edit: ......over a private institution (separate from the state, mind you) who hold strict values. The teacher should know going in what the beliefs are and maybe should have looked elsewhere knowing it was a conflict of interest.

Sylvia Driskell, 66, describes herself as an ambassador of God, And His, Son Jesus Christ [sic]

Two questions:

edit: After looking this over further I believe the "[sic]" is for the comma after "His". Okay, enough of the minutia. lol

You're not a Bryan Garner Redbook guy? Now that's an abomination.

Yea, and just because A LOT of people are outraged doesn't mean they hold clout.

Edit: vs a private institution who hold strict values. The teacher should know going in what the beliefs are and maybe should have looked elsewhere knowing it was a conflict of interest.

I hold clout. And I'm outraged.