Recent Recruit Offerings

I'm OK with reaches etc if you are willing to max sign EVERY year

With a class this big there will be a few reaches, you aren't going to get 25 high 3stars and above. But I'd rather reach early on a kid and be N if/when he blows up. Then reach a couple days before NSD.

I guess I don't think this is right - at least about getting three stars. High three stars maybe but that's not what we're looking at right now. The 2014 class had 25 members and only one was a two-star according to the 247 Composite (Irons). The 2013 class was 23 guys and only Miller was a two star.

I just find it highly unlikely that these guys we are offering dont end up with 3 stars

With a class this big there will be a few reaches, you aren't going to get 25 high 3stars and above. But I'd rather reach early on a kid and be N if/when he blows up. Then reach a couple days before NSD.

I guess I don't think this is right - at least about getting three stars. High three stars maybe but that's not what we're looking at right now. The 2014 class had 25 members and only one was a two-star according to the 247 Composite (Irons). The 2013 class was 23 guys and only Miller was a two star.

I just find it highly unlikely that these guys we are offering dont end up with 3 stars

I think they end up with 3 stars too. I can't imagine a situation where NU is taking "a lot" of two star guys.

That's fine. But a class full of three star guys isn't an improvement in recruiting over where we've been. In fact, it would probably be a little bit worse. Perhaps the results will be better but that's not the trumpeting we've been hearing for six months.

• Fire 1

That's fine. But a class full of three star guys isn't an improvement in recruiting over where we've been. In fact, it would probably be a little bit worse. Perhaps the results will be better but that's not the trumpeting we've been hearing for six months.

This is what I was getting at...We don't want the same recruiting rankings and we sure don't want worse. I get it, Riley and his staff will develop them better. I believe that 100% I really do but the chances of getting a high % of lower ranked guys to all develop to a level that is extremely high sounds daunting.

• Fire 1

I just think we should be aiming for highly ranked players AND expect them to get the great coaching and development that we know Riley is known for.

:yeah

As I've said before, it's early (for us). We'll have to see how this class - and subsequent ones - end up. But I'm just confused by a bunch of the offers I've seen lately. It's quite possible that several of them will turn into really good players. But it's also extremely unlikely that we are finding all these diamonds in the rough when others aren't. A few? Yes. This many? I'm pretty skeptical. If our recruiting is going to improve as much as so many are claiming, we shouldn't need a lot of diamonds in the rough.

Of course the other possibility is these are a bunch of un-committable offers. With how many guys are saying we've barely talked to them before offering, I'm starting to think that is a very real possibility. As long as we're being honest with them, I guess that's OK. But I'm not a fan. An un-committable offer really isn't an offer at all so I don't get the point.

• Fire 1

And we all want to see NU having a recruiting class ranked in the top 20...if it got in the top 15 we would be giddy...top 10 and most of us would be totally erect...I can't even imagine what some of your guys sock drawers would look like if NU got the number 1 rated class.

Like Mav, it just seems like some of the offers are very Beavery.

• Fire 1

And we all want to see NU having a recruiting class ranked in the top 20...if it got in the top 15 we would be giddy...top 10 and most of us would be totally erect...I can't even imagine what some of your guys sock drawers would look like if NU got the number 1 rated class.

That's a very good way to put it.

Lots of +1's in this thread. Riley is able to coach kids up, look at the recent NFL draft and the number of Oregon State players that were taken. But, as stated previously, Nebraska needs the combination of player development and an influx of talent to win championships.

That's a very good way to put it.

Lots of +1's in this thread. Riley is able to coach kids up, look at the recent NFL draft and the number of Oregon State players that were taken. But, as stated previously, Nebraska needs the combination of player development and an influx of talent to win championships.

You ever know those girls that have been married for like 15 years and you thought "Hmmm, I bet they were cute" but now they are pale, a bit overweight, short hair...That was Riley...

But now, Riley is that same girl that got a divorce and decided that it was time to lose the weight, get that sexy tan, grow her hair out and get a "mommy makeover" with some sweet 34D's (maybe DD's) and now she has a whole new type of guy she can get...she just doesn't know it yet. Riley needs to figure that out.

The moral of the story, if you don't think you are the best, no one else will either...or maybe the moral of the story is that I like tan girls that are in shape with fake cans.

If I lost anyone with that please feel free to PM me.

• Fire 1