2015 Husker Fan Day

Interesting that they moved it to the middle of the week and during the evening. Wonder what that might do to attendance.

Yeah, I was curious as to what the reasoning was for the change. I would think evening would help more people attend but it's usually packed anyway.

• 1 month later...

Fan Day looks like the biggest beating of an event. Stand around to get some lame autographs from 18-22 year old kids. I am sure it's fun for little kids, but there is no way I would ever make any effort in going to this thing.

Eh, it's just another media/photo event. Except the fans are invited to get close up to the players. All teams have these fan days. Well, all teams with fans that is. :lol:

Fan Day looks like the biggest beating of an event. Stand around to get some lame autographs from 18-22 year old kids. I am sure it's fun for little kids, but there is no way I would ever make any effort in going to this thing.

Eh, it's just another media/photo event. Except the fans are invited to get close up to the players. All teams have these fan days. Well, all teams with fans that is. :lol:

I understand that all the teams have it, I just don't understand why a fan would spend all day standing in line outside the stadium, and then in more lines inside the stadium, just for a lame autograph.

I understand that all the teams have it, I just don't understand why a fan would spend all day standing in line outside the stadium, and then in more lines inside the stadium, just for a lame autograph.

Yeah, I probly wouldn't. I HATE to wait in lines. But if my kid wanted a pic with a particular player I might take him. :lol:

*Might.

People do silly things for their kids. I went one year just to people-watch and hang out in the stadium. (But then I live like 12 blocks away).

I took my kids last year (they were 4) and we had a blast. We just got in the OL line so we didn't have to wait near as long and they got to meet more guys in "football shirts". I had a blast with them just walking around the stadium and having races in the endzone. My one boy was actually Channel 8 "fan of the day" because of a pic we took with him and a cheerleader. I'll have to find it and post.

Anyway, I think that is what fan day is for, making your kids happy. I say grown men by themselves there getting shirts autographed, and it was creepy.

edit:picture added

SAM_8252.JPG

• Fire 2