OU Headed to SEC Rumors

A few points on this:

1) Oklahoma has to get their blessing to move from the state legislature (see the rumored Pac-16 deal and confirmation from Oklahoma AD and then Pac-10 Commish that Oklahoma is tethered to Okie Lite.) This is the same state legislature that is bought and paid for by T. Boones Pickens. The same T. Boones Pickens that is playing Daddy Oilbucks to Okie Lite's Little (potential orphan) Annie.

2) Oklahoma *can* move to the SEC, but they'll likely have to bring Okie Lite with them. That would at least give the SEC 16 teams, preserve their Bedlam series...and Okie Lite will get eyeballs from Mizzery and aTm fans. But I doubt Okie Lite would pull their weight, and the SEC knows this.

3) Oklahoma was on the B1G expansion target list some time ago and has had contact with them. For a while, there was rumor a move to nab Kansas (for basketball--Delaney wants to cement the B1G's basketball legacy and prowess) and Oklahoma by the B1G was in the works, but that faded back into the woodwork.

4) If the SEC does indeed expand, I'd look for the B1G to make noise in a hurry, especially since their TV deal is being worked on right now. In fact, I would suspect they already have their likely targets lined up and evaluations done should the SEC make a grab and collapse the Big XII.

5) If Oklahoma goes to the SEC...don't be shocked to see Texass cozy up to the B1G and be one of the two new teams they bring in (likely Kansas being the other). They've already confirmed they've talked before, and other than the Longwhorn Network, there's few problems (aside from travel logistics) to prevent Texass joining up, and that would be an even bigger splash acquisition than the F'n Hillbillies of Norman.

6) Texass has assuredly been told by ESPN that their excrement does stink, and their national cache isn't such currently that they could successfully pull off being independent. That would weigh heavily into any decisions made in an apocalyptic Big XII scenario.

All in all, I wouldn't be shocked to see Oklahoma move. But I don't think the destination is necessarily the SEC, and between Oklahoma and Texass, whichever one doesn't move to the SEC, I'd wager we see in the B1G should the Big XII collapse.

I can see your points. However, the issues with OU going to SEC without Okie Lite will also play out if they want to join the B1G. Obviously, Kansas is a bigger catch than Okie Lite. OU and Kansas would work. Mixing in Okie Lite screws it all up.

I believe aTm would nix ANY chance of Texas getting into the SEC. I think Nebraska would fight hard for OU over Texas (and I would agree however, I'm not big on either one). I would ONLY want OU if Texas was not in the picture at all.

That leaves the Pac12 as the only possible destination from Texas. I know they have talked before but Texas was trying to drag along 5-6 other programs. Other than OU, they had the same problems OU has with Okie Lite as it pertains to Baylor and Texas Tech. TCU might be thrown into that now also.

Basically Texas has screwed themselves and I'm loving every minute of it.

• Fire 3

A few points on this:

1) Oklahoma has to get their blessing to move from the state legislature (see the rumored Pac-16 deal and confirmation from Oklahoma AD and then Pac-10 Commish that Oklahoma is tethered to Okie Lite.) This is the same state legislature that is bought and paid for by T. Boones Pickens. The same T. Boones Pickens that is playing Daddy Oilbucks to Okie Lite's Little (potential orphan) Annie.

2) Oklahoma *can* move to the SEC, but they'll likely have to bring Okie Lite with them. That would at least give the SEC 16 teams, preserve their Bedlam series...and Okie Lite will get eyeballs from Mizzery and aTm fans. But I doubt Okie Lite would pull their weight, and the SEC knows this.

3) Oklahoma was on the B1G expansion target list some time ago and has had contact with them. For a while, there was rumor a move to nab Kansas (for basketball--Delaney wants to cement the B1G's basketball legacy and prowess) and Oklahoma by the B1G was in the works, but that faded back into the woodwork.

4) If the SEC does indeed expand, I'd look for the B1G to make noise in a hurry, especially since their TV deal is being worked on right now. In fact, I would suspect they already have their likely targets lined up and evaluations done should the SEC make a grab and collapse the Big XII.

5) If Oklahoma goes to the SEC...don't be shocked to see Texass cozy up to the B1G and be one of the two new teams they bring in (likely Kansas being the other). They've already confirmed they've talked before, and other than the Longwhorn Network, there's few problems (aside from travel logistics) to prevent Texass joining up, and that would be an even bigger splash acquisition than the F'n Hillbillies of Norman.

6) Texass has assuredly been told by ESPN that their excrement does stink, and their national cache isn't such currently that they could successfully pull off being independent. That would weigh heavily into any decisions made in an apocalyptic Big XII scenario.

All in all, I wouldn't be shocked to see Oklahoma move. But I don't think the destination is necessarily the SEC, and between Oklahoma and Texass, whichever one doesn't move to the SEC, I'd wager we see in the B1G should the Big XII collapse.

I can see your points. However, the issues with OU going to SEC without Okie Lite will also play out if they want to join the B1G. Obviously, Kansas is a bigger catch than Okie Lite. OU and Kansas would work. Mixing in Okie Lite screws it all up.

I believe aTm would nix ANY chance of Texas getting into the SEC. I think Nebraska would fight hard for OU over Texas (and I would agree however, I'm not big on either one). I would ONLY want OU if Texas was not in the picture at all.

That leaves the Pac12 as the only possible destination from Texas. I know they have talked before but Texas was trying to drag along 5-6 other programs. Other than OU, they had the same problems OU has with Okie Lite as it pertains to Baylor and Texas Tech. TCU might be thrown into that now also.

Basically Texas has screwed themselves and I'm loving every minute of it.

Yup, you're dead on, assuming the Big XII still exists. I should have specified that the only way OU could go to the B1G sans Okie Lite is if the Big XII is dead/on life support and the Legislature is given the option of:

a) both schools becoming part of a sub-standard conference that isn't part of the overall NC discussion any longer, or

b) Oklahoma going its own way in the B1G and bringing in substantially more money than an OU/Okie Lite pairing in a substandard conference would bring.

And unless T. Boones Pickens really ratchets down on things, I don't think Oklahoma would let their flagship school flounder in mediocrity. Then again, they are still in the Big XII...

Also, there is the thought that the Pac-12 could hold their nose and take Okie Lite, Oklahoma, Texass, and a fourth team (Nevada/UNLV perhaps?) Nevada would give them the Las Vegas market (though it can be argued they already have it, to a degree), and what OU and Texass bring is obvious.

But yeah, it's more likely that the B1G would snag a Kansas/Texass pairing than an Oklahoma/Kansas one...

Honestly I see OU coming to the Big Ten or SEC and Okie Lite trying to hitch in with Texas to the Pac12 or going it alone towards the ACC. I could see Texas going Independent too.

Why would the ACC want Okie Lite when they have little to nothing to offer? They're the unwanted baggage in this scenario (as confirmed with Pac-16 discussions), not unlike how Texass had a 'Tech' problem per tOSU (discussing Texass to the B1G).

• Fire 1

Why would the ACC want Okie Lite when they have little to nothing to offer? They're the unwanted baggage in this scenario (as confirmed with Pac-16 discussions), not unlike how Texass had a 'Tech' problem per tOSU (discussing Texass to the B1G).

OFF TOPIC: I READ ALL OF YOUR POSTS IN LESLIE NIELSON'S VOICE. :lol:

Honestly I see OU coming to the Big Ten or SEC and Okie Lite trying to hitch in with Texas to the Pac12 or going it alone towards the ACC. I could see Texas going Independent too.

The ACC would consider them mostly to stay pro-active during realignment. The whole Texas 4 pack screws KSU and OkieLite out of any Pac12 consideration unless they would dare expand past 16.

Kansas will get scooped up pretty quickly and I would really be surprised if they didn't end up in the Big Ten, it's the only fit that makes sense.

Oklahoma will get an SEC invite and probably a Big Ten invite if this whole thing implodes.

One thing ya'll are forgetting about.

KU will NEVER, ever, be in the B1G unless they start a wrestling program.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State already have theirs and Okie State might have the best historical program in the nation.

Wrestling is absolutely ginormous in the B1G and it's part of the reason why maryland and rutgers worked.