6 - Michigan State

18 - Wisconsin

T32 - Nebraska

34 - Minnesota

35 - Penn State

39 - Illinois

T51 - Michigan

T51 - Maryland

Can argue with that order too much. Other than what am I missing on Illinois?

Turmoil within the program and their defense is suspect.

Not anymore it doesn't. The playoff poll is the only one that matters.

Yes, the playoff poll is the only one that matters, but this poll, the media poll, and the entire media frenzy does have an impact on the opinions of the playoff poll members. It's only human nature to think that TEAM A beating a #5 ranked TEAM B is a big win for TEAM A.

Yea I think ColoradoHusk is right about that. Where these teams start the season keeps them toward the top of the lists and on the tip of peoples tongues for the majority of the season. Even when they haven't played anyone or done anything. Then, when/if a loss does come, they never fall very far regardless of how well a Pre Season unranked team has done. There shouldn't be any rating until about week 8. When teams have played a bit of their conference schedule and there's enough film and on paper to truly see what you've got in a football team. How the hell should anybody be ranked based on how good we "think" they "might" be? It's always been done this way and it's dumb. It's all a big hype machine and usually a lot of the hype surrounds the SEC. Last year was a great example.

Ranking teams before a game has been played is bad... but ranking teams before they even practice one time... COME ON!! They could at least wait a little closer to the season, jiminy christmas.

It's the coaches poll. They don't watch other teams practice, their opinion wouldn't change if it was 3 weeks ago compared to a week before the season. They are focused on themselves right now.

I wasn't suggesting that the coaches would watch practice. I was thinking more along the lines of a team being decimated by injuries, departures, dismissals, etc. What's the rush? I would personally like to see the first poll after about week 4 and the end of non-conference play (end of non-conference play for everyone except for the SEC of course, they always save a FCS game for November).

Hey hey hey! Don't be bagging on the SEC and their November FCS games. Everyone knows they have a brutal slate of in conference games, what with playing all those preseason top ten ranked fellow SEC teams. They deserve a break in November. :rolleyes:

2014 Final Coaches

1. Ohio State

2. Oregon

3. TCU

4. Alabama

5. Michigan State

6. Florida State

7. Georgia Tech

8. Baylor

9. Georgia

10. UCLA

11. Missouri

12. Mississippi St.

13. Wisconsin

14. Arizona St.

15. Clemson

16. Boise St.

17. Arizona

18. Kansas St.

19. Ole Miss

20. Utah

21. Southern California

22. Marshall

23. Auburn

24. Louisville

25. Memphis

ESPN FPI

1 OSU

2 Alabama

3 Baylor

4 TCU

5 LSU

6 Georgia

7 Oregon

8 Texas A&M

9 Ole Miss

10 Arkansas

11 UCLA

12 USC

13 Tennessee

14 Michigan State

15 Oklahoma

16 Stanford

17 Auburn

18 Notre Dame

19 Clemson

20 Arizona State

21 FSU

22 Georgia Tech

23 Florida

24 VT

25 Boise State

2015 Pre-season Coaches

1 Ohio State 14-1

2 TCU 12-1

3 Alabama 12-2

4 Baylor 11-2

5 Oregon 13-2

6 Michigan State 11-2

7 Auburn 8-5

8 Florida State 13-1

9 Georgia 10-3

10 USC 9-4

11 Notre Dame 8-5

12 Clemson 10-3

13 LSU 8-5

14 UCLA 10-3

15 Ole Miss 9-4

16 Arizona State 10-3

17 Georgia Tech 11-3

18 Wisconsin 11-3

19 Oklahoma 8-5

20 Arkansas 7-6

21 Stanford 8-5

22 Arizona 10-4

23 Missouri 11-3

24 Boise State 12-2

25 Tennessee 7-6

There are some outliers in this poll. Mostly from the SEC. I thought it would be interesting to compare last year’s final rankings with this year’s. I know that last season’s results are just one of a number of factors considered for the next season’s rankings . They are still a factor nonetheless, that is unless you are Notre Dame or the SEC.

At the end of last season there were 6 SEC teams in the final coaches poll, Notre Dame is unranked. The first pre-season ranking that came out that I remember was the ESPN FPI for 2015. I first looked at this and laughed. eSECpn bias here is blatant and obvious. Six SEC teams in the top ten! Nine teams total in the top 25! Hysterical. FSU comes in at 21? For some reason, and I don’t know why, ESPN hates FSU. The reality is though, ESPN is the premier sports network in the world, and what they say has influence. This influence not only has impact on sports writers and other media, it includes coaches who have zero time to evaluate anyone else’s teams besides their own. That’s how we end up with a coaches poll with eight SEC teams in it. Three of them have no business in there (Tennessee, Arkansas and LSU). The Fighting Irish, who also have no business there.

• Fire 2

Auburn at #7 is hilarious.

• Finished 8-5.
  • Lost 4 of their last 5.
  • Lost 4 to teams ranked below them.
  • Lost 3 games by double-digits, including a 27-point UGA drubbing.
  • Lost to Wisconsin (in SEC country) who is now only ranked #18.

Don't even get me started on Arkansas or Tennessee.

• Fire 1

Amway disinterested in this poll, especially since Riley et. al. haven't coached a down for the Scarlet and Red. Otherwise, it's pretty obvious who the best coaches are, though me thinks Urbs has somewhat separated from the pack, in a league of his own, considering what he pulled off last season. Can only respect that.

• Finished 8-5.

these are the 3 that jumped out at me, including Ole Miss. Ole Miss was like Kansas in 2007 - everything fell together. They're going to be starting a new QB this year and they'll return to their place in the bottom half of an overrated SEC.

• Fire 2

eSECpn bias here is blatant and obvious. Six SEC teams in the top ten! Nine teams total in the top 25! Hysterical. FSU comes in at 21? For some reason, and I don’t know why, ESPN hates FSU. The reality is though, ESPN is the premier sports network in the world, and what they say has influence. This influence not only has impact on sports writers and other media, it includes coaches who have zero time to evaluate anyone else’s teams besides their own. That’s how we end up with a coaches poll with eight SEC teams in it. Three of them have no business in there (Tennessee, Arkansas and LSU). The Fighting Irish, who also have no business there.

You mean ESPN can spin the SEC story? BS, I don't believe you.

BykNV7GIcAAm5JP.jpg

• Fire 2

Amway disinterested in this poll, especially since Riley et. al. haven't coached a down for the Scarlet and Red. Otherwise, it's pretty obvious who the best coaches are, though me thinks Urbs has somewhat separated from the pack, in a league of his own, considering what he pulled off last season. Can only respect that.

Somewhat separated? Last season? - Try fully separated over the the last 3: 12-0, 12-2, 14-1. At the end of this season he could very well be 53-3, or 52-4 over his first 4 years. That, my friends is dominating. Only Urban, Saban, and maybe Pete Carrol can claim anything near that since our old buddy Tom went 60-3.

Somewhat separated? Last season? - Try fully separated over the the last 3: 12-0, 12-2, 14-1. At the end of this season he could very well be 53-3, or 52-4 over his first 4 years. That, my friends is dominating. Only Urban, Saban, and maybe Pete Carrol can claim anything near that since our old buddy Tom went 60-3.

Am with you, Urbs is at the top of the game. Up until last season I had he and Saban tied for the top, but considering what he did with the QB situation last year and an NC more or less out of nowhere, I say he now he has separated. Urbs is playing chess to evrybody else's checkers:

tumblr_mvf054wqnY1s05gn9o3_500.gif

• Finished 8-5.

0-2 against teams that got beat 58-0.

but that's the recruiting/Muschamp effect.