Fall Camp Notes

Did anybody else hear that Tommy Armstrong was not allowed to call his own audibles until the Holiday Bowl last year?

That was news to me.

Curious where you saw this. If he wasn't audibling, he - and the rest of the team - did a great job of making it look like he was audibling on many occasions.

Did anybody else hear that Tommy Armstrong was not allowed to call his own audibles until the Holiday Bowl last year?

That was news to me.

Curious where you saw this. If he wasn't audibling, he - and the rest of the team - did a great job of making it look like he was audibling on many occasions.

I agree. I always thought he was audibling.

http://www.theticketfm.com/drop-the-mike/dan-hoppen-husker-online-5/

That was news to me.

The team may have been audibling, but the calls were coming up from Beck down to the players on the headset giving signals. That's when TA would look to the sideline and adjust the play if need be.

That was news to me.

The team may have been audibling, but the calls were coming up from Beck down to the players on the headset giving signals. That's when TA would look to the sideline and adjust the play if need be.

He didn't always look to the sidelines before he audibled.

That was news to me.

He didn't always look to the sidelines before he audibled.

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. A lot of the time - probably the majority - he looked for signals from the sideline. But there were also plenty of times that he didn't but still seemed to be making some call.

I haven't listened to the audio yet. Hopefully this evening.

105 Man Roster - Offense

QB - Scholarship: Tommy Armstrong, Zack Darlington, A.J. Bush, Ryker Fyfe; Walkon:Tyson Broekemeier

RB - Scholarship: Terrell Newby, Adam Taylor, Imani Cross, Mikale Wilbon, Jordan Stevenson, Devine Ozigbo; Walkon: Jordan Nelson, Graham Nabity
FB - Scholarship: Andy Janovich; Walkon: Harrison Jordan

WR - Scholarship: Jordan Westerkamp, De'Mornay Pierson-El, Brandon Reilly, Jamal Turner, Sam Burtch, Alonzo Moore, Stanley Morgan, Taariq Allen, Lavan Alston; Walkon: Lane Hovey, Brady Pelzer, Gabe Rahn
TE - Scholarship: Cethan Carter, Sam Cotton, Matt Snyder, David Sutton; Walkon: Luke McNitt, Trey Foster

OT - Scholarship: Alex Lewis, Zach Sterup, Matt Finnin, David Knevel, Nick Gates, Christian Gaylord
OG - Scholarship: Corey Whitaker, Chongo Kondolo, Givens Price, Zach Hannon, Tanner Farmer, Jerald Foster, Jalin Barnett, Michael Decker; Walkon: Dylan Utter, Chris Long
C - Scholarship: Ryne Reeves, Paul Thurston

105 Man Roster - Defense

DT - Scholarship: Maliek Collins, Vincent Valentine, Kevin Williams, Kevin Maurice, Khalil Davis, Carlos Davis, Peyton Newell, Mick Stoltenberg; Walkon: Logan Rath

DE - Scholarship: Greg McMullen, Jack Gangwish, Freedom Akinmoladun, Joe Keels, A.J. Natter, DaiShon Neal, Sedrick King, Alex Davis; Walkon: Ross Dzuris, Dylan Owen

LB - Scholarship: Josh Banderas, Michael Rose-Ivey, Marcus Newby, Dedrick Young, Luke Gifford, Mohamed Barry, Tyrin Ferguson, Adrienne Talan; Walkon: Noah Lazaro, Chris Weber, Brad Simpson

CB - Scholarship: Daniel Davie, Jonathan Rose, Trai Mosley, Joshua Kalu, Chris Jones, Eric Lee, Avery Anderson, Boaz Joseph

S - Scholarship: Nathan Gerry, Byerson Cockrell, Aaron Williams, Kieron Williams, Charles Jackson, Antonio Reed; Walkon: Anthony Ridder, Creighton Koley