Fall Camp Notes

I can't find a suspensions thread so I'll ask here. When do we expect suspensions to be announced? Monday, gameday or mid-week?

Speaking from a purely "I'd think it logical" perspective, I pick Monday. Get right into Game Week mode.
Well I'm sure the team knows and is preparing accordingly. Competitively I'd prefer mid-week. Giving BYU only 1-2 practices till they leave for Lincoln.

Ah -- the reason I didn't go with midweek is because once you announce it, there's inevitably going to be some discussion and media buzz/fallout. So better to get any distractions out of the way early on instead of just before the game.

However, to protect competitive advantage, why not not announce it until gameday? I guess it's the kind of thing that might leak out anyway and perhaps there's no sense in trying to keep it a secret.

Did anyone see this? He only drew up one play, but it was kinda neat.

It was from a pass skeleton drill against the linebackers and defensive backs. The offense was lined up in kind of an offset I with a TE to the left and fullback to the right. He said that fullback could be a H-back or TE, doesn't matter. Both WRs ran 12-yard curl routes, the fullback ran a flat route to the right, the TE ran an 8-yard spot route to the middle of the field and the runningback's first responsibility was blitz pickup, then run a flat route to the left if there was no blitz.

Tommy's 1st read was the TE (based on what Nate Gerry did after the snap). The 2nd read was the WR to the left, then the runningback. He said those two reads should be made almost simultaneously. The 4th read was the fullback and the 5th was the WR to the right - those two should also be made almost simultaneously.

In the play they showed, Tommy read the safety correctly and hit the TE on his first read. Riley emphasized that he got the ball out in 2.65 seconds.

Supposedly he's going to draw up another play every week.

• Fire 2