The Repub Debate

Trump: I Will Be Tougher Than ISIS And Bring Back ‘Something Beyond’ Waterboarding

So much for treaties we have to not commit war crimes.

Trump defends plan to target ISIS family members as GOP rivals slam proposal

Oh....so now we are going to kill innocent civilians as a military plan.....great.......

Top U.S. general slams idea of carpet bombing ISIS

Says it pretty well.

Retiring Army General Challenges Trump’s ISIS Plan

I guess there may be people who know more about this stuff than Trump.

• Fire 1

Trump: I Will Be Tougher Than ISIS And Bring Back ‘Something Beyond’ Waterboarding

So much for treaties we have to not commit war crimes.

Trump defends plan to target ISIS family members as GOP rivals slam proposal

Oh....so now we are going to kill innocent civilians as a military plan.....great.......

You're not going to beat ISIS playing frickin patty cake while they're chopping the heads off innocent people. They're an evil group of radical islam and they need to be wiped off the face of the earth. pu&&y footing around Syria will only put our citizens and soldiers in harm's way.

For those against waterboarding, why are you against it? It is just because it is a law? If so, if the law was changed would you be okay with it?

That and after we did it, there were lots of reports that it really didn't get us the information we needed.

There are other methods.

And, let's not gloss over the fact that Trump wants to bring tactics WORSE than waterboarding.

This is nothing more than the epitome of revenge tactics. They are beheading people so we should torture them.

I would prefer concentrating on things that will actually help us defeat this problem instead of making it worse.

For those against waterboarding, why are you against it? It is just because it is a law? If so, if the law was changed would you be okay with it?

That and after we did it, there were lots of reports that it really didn't get us the information we needed.

There are other methods.

And, let's not gloss over the fact that Trump wants to bring tactics WORSE than waterboarding.

This is nothing more than the epitome of revenge tactics. They are beheading people so we should torture them.

I would prefer concentrating on things that will actually help us defeat this problem instead of making it worse.

Thanks

I am all for using it and "worse" I just like hearing other peoples issues with it.

There are other methods.

Thanks

I am all for using it and "worse" I just like hearing other peoples issues with it.

Why are you for it and "worse"?

There are other methods.

Thanks

Well...I think it works more than we think it doesn't work. It might not always get us a a perfect "map" of what we wanted to know...but I think it always gives us information that is going to be helpful in one way, shape or form.

• Fire 2

There are other methods.

Thanks

Well...I think it works more than we think it doesn't work. It might not always get us a a perfect "map" of what we wanted to know...but I think it always gives us information that is going to be helpful in one way, shape or form.

But, you really don't know if it worked... you are just assuming it did. So...you want the US to commit war crimes on an assumption.

Congressional hearings found that it really didn't work or at least a number of CIA operatives didn't think it worked. And, there is no way we as a public would ever know unless everything was declassified .....and that won't happen.

So...you are willing to do this on an assumption. Also, I haven't seen what "worse" is. Are we going to start beheading people on TV too? Are you OK if we do that?

Are we going to televise the beheading of their women and children....you know....their families he want's to go after?

• Fire 1

Just saying... No one said we'd be posting videos of beheading ISIS' family on the internet. You said that.

Interrogation, waterboarding, and "worse" should be done behind closed doors without us ever knowing. That's the way it was in the past, which is why your speculation that "it didn't work" is laughable at best. If it helps us get helpful information 1 in 1000 times we interrogate a terrorist, then it's worth it, and that information could potentially save thousands of lives. Worth it.

And, I asked what "worse" is.

That's not a "straw man argument." Trump said he would do worse. What is that? I'm not comfortable voting for him without knowing.

With everyone else in the field, I feel we will do what we can to abide by the agreed to rules of engagement that hold us higher than these cockroaches of the world.

And, when you have the military telling you it's a very very bad idea....well....I guess he is saying he won't listen to the military and do whatever he wants.....which...again....I'm not comfortable with.

• Fire 1

There are other methods.

Thanks

But, you really don't know if it worked... you are just assuming it did. So...you want the US to commit war crimes on an assumption.

Congressional hearings found that it really didn't work or at least a number of CIA operatives didn't think it worked. And, there is no way we as a public would ever know unless everything was declassified .....and that won't happen.

So...you are willing to do this on an assumption. Also, I haven't seen what "worse" is. Are we going to start beheading people on TV too? Are you OK if we do that?

Are we going to televise the beheading of their women and children....you know....their families he want's to go after?

Worse to me might be totally different to you. So I am not sure we could answer that.

I don't know if it worked but I am guessing that the last few years we were fed certain information.

I don't know if they would televise it...

Just saying... No one said we'd be posting videos of beheading ISIS' family on the internet. You said that.

Interrogation, waterboarding, and "worse" should be done behind closed doors without us ever knowing. That's the way it was in the past, which is why your speculation that "it didn't work" is laughable at best. If it helps us get helpful information 1 in 1000 times we interrogate a terrorist, then it's worth it, and that information could potentially save thousands of lives. Worth it.

I agree with this...