The Repub Debate

Sorry to break up the back and forth, but I figured this was worth posting. Pretty underhanded tactic used here by Cruz as he clings to life trying to pull off an upset.

CZ-VsHEWYAAm6V1.jpg?w=600

If true, that's some f'd up sh#t. Wouldn't surprise me from Ted Rafael The Canadian Cruz.

Pretty bad. This primary season is getting more depressing every day by the antics. Maybe Trump and Cruz can neutralize each other for one of the more moderate guys to move up. Both Cruz and Trump will be the ruin of the party. Cruz because he won't get elected in the GC and Trump if he gets elected will be a self absorbed, thin skin, despot who will issue more executive orders than any of the past in order to 'win' - the constitution be damned.

I'm not depressed since I'm feelin' the Bern. I don't see any of the Pubs becoming prez, none of them have a broad enough base. The Donald worries me a little bit because he's on the tv 24/7, but, again, I don't think he has a broad enough base.

Sorry to break up the back and forth, but I figured this was worth posting. Pretty underhanded tactic used here by Cruz as he clings to life trying to pull off an upset.

If true, that's some f'd up sh#t. Wouldn't surprise me from Ted Rafael The Canadian Cruz.

Pretty bad. This primary season is getting more depressing every day by the antics. Maybe Trump and Cruz can neutralize each other for one of the more moderate guys to move up. Both Cruz and Trump will be the ruin of the party. Cruz because he won't get elected in the GC and Trump if he gets elected will be a self absorbed, thin skin, despot who will issue more executive orders than any of the past in order to 'win' - the constitution be damned.

I disagree. I think people who say this will be surprised. One of his main objectives is to secure the borders, which I firmly believe he will. I guarantee he won't issue half the executive orders that Obama has.

I disagree. I think people who say this will be surprised. One of his main objectives is to secure the borders, which I firmly believe he will. I guarantee he won't issue half the executive orders that Obama has.

Exec. orders, Obama hasn't even caught up to Dubya yet:

Obama(223)

Slick Willy(364)

Dubya(291)

Reagan(381)

Carter(320)

Tricky Dick(346)

Eisenhower(484)

http://www.presidenc...data/orders.php

Obama has actually issued the fewest executive orders of any two-term President in US history:

The counter I'd use to corn's "Not a big enough base" argument for Trump is that I think he's proven he'll pander on any given issue that he doesn't have a specific hardline policy for (i.e., immigration) in order to secure more votes.

I think you'd see a massive shift left for Trump if he wins the primary to try and pander some more and appeal to moderates. That's the beauty of having a skin-and-bones platform-- you haven't really declared your position concretely on a lot of issues. Let's just hope America isn't dumb enough to buy the crap he tries to peddle in the general election.

Obama has actually issued the fewest executive orders of any two-term President in US history:

The counter I'd use to corn's "Not a big enough base" argument for Trump is that I think he's proven he'll pander on any given issue that he doesn't have a specific hardline policy for (i.e., immigration) in order to secure more votes.

I think you'd see a massive shift left for Trump if he wins the primary to try and pander some more and appeal to moderates. That's the beauty of having a skin-and-bones platform-- you haven't really declared your position concretely on a lot of issues. Let's just hope America isn't dumb enough to buy the crap he tries to peddle in the general election.

Trumpf has already consolidated all the stupid, er, misinformed Mur'cans to his cult. Thankfully, there are far more smart Mur'cans.

Trumpf has already consolidated all the stupid, er, misinformed Mur'cans to his cult. Thankfully, there are far more smart Mur'cans.

Why do you make fun of Americans?

We place way too much bearing on these early states, IMO. Iowa uses proportional voting (which is the best way) so Cruz/Trump/Rubio are actually in a 3-way tie right now. But the story will be that Cruz won.

The real way it should work for states is total votes.

As much flack as the electoral college gets I'm not convinced that we should go on total votes nationally though. If we do that the only people whose opinions presidential nominees will have to give a crap about are those in and around big cities. No one in a small population area will matter. This is important especially for incumbents.

I'm glad for Rubio's strong 3rd finish. It was previously thought that he may get 15-18% but he got 23% just short of Trump's 24. This after Trump and Cruz leading all the way and were all the talk. It speaks well of Rubio going into NH and SC, where the governor and others have endorsed him. Maybe voters will fade away from the 'angry' candidates towards Rubio. Carson is accusing the Cruz camp of dirty tricks - telling caucus goers that Carson was stopping campaigning and dropping out. Look for Carson to endorse Rubio after Carson fails miserably in NH (just my gut feeling. Maybe Carson tries to stay in the SC primary - but I see it as a lost cause. )

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/02/breaking-carson-accuses-cruz-camp-of-foul-play-at-iowa-caucuses/

Er, I dunno...easy pickin's, I s'pose.

the_real__murican_eagle_by_nekokaorukoba

Welp, it appears the Trumpanistas will be playing 2nd fiddle to this cycle's representatives from Goldman Sachs:

Ted%2BCruz%2BGoldman%2BSachs.jpgHeidi_Cruz.png

Behind every successful man, there stands a woman, a very rich woman. (Heidi Cruz was a managing director at Goldman Sachs, the investment firm she joined in 2005).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2015/03/23/heidi-cruz-presidential-race-profile/70329060/

And how 'bout that "Marcomentum"? I figured he'd be in the mix. The Trafficante family is smiling:

pos_rubio_mcm.JPG

Just makes you look immature and clueless.

If you have to result to insults.....well. Must not have much of an argument.

Just makes you look immature and clueless.

If you have to result to insults.....well. Must not have much of an argument.

You must have been looking in the mirror when you said that, sheesh. I've supported all my arguments on this Board quite extensively, TYVM. Hey, Bro'migo, while I've got you here, figured I'd help ya get up to speed re: your upcoming move:

519IC1W6IRL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Don't confuse:

Plantain-vs.-Banana.jpg

Cultural question: what is the primary folkloric music of Puerto Rico?

1) Son

2) Salsa

3) Plena

4) Samba

Take all the time you need, and no cheating...

LOL.....Then why result to insults????

Spoken by someone who didn't know Puerto Rico is part of the United States.

This caucus thing has you close to premature E.....

Keep a box of Kleenex close.

Not only did you get the Puerto Rico part of my quote wrong....you basically got the entire thing wrong.

Congrats.

Not only did you get the Puerto Rico part of my quote wrong....you basically got the entire thing wrong.

Congrats.

Puerto Rico is a colony of the USA, Inc. We went thru that yesterday.

Mur'ca insults itself, I just observe it. Alt. pronunciations: Mer'ca, Mar'ca, Mir'ca, Mor'ca, depends on which part of the South it is.

Don't confuse:

YucaRoot_032.jpg

parsnip-1.jpg

Parsnip

Congrats.

Puerto Rico is a colony of the USA, Inc. We went thru that yesterday.

Mur'ca insults itself, I just observe it. Alt. pronunciations: Mer'ca, Mar'ca, Mir'ca, Mor'ca, depends on which part of the South it is.

Spoken like someone who really deserves respect. Congrats.