***2015 Game 1 "Expert" Picks: BYU @ Nebraska***

Saunders

Should be a close one. BYU has given Tejas some real problems over recent years, so they won't be s'ker'd of us. T Hill s'kers me, though, primo dual threat guy, might be the X factor for them. We're w/o our best offensive threat--DPE--who, by himself, is worth at least 7 points xtra/game. Consequently, big hole there in our passing attack, hopefully to be filled by Westerkamp, I suspect. Breakout time for The Stache, must step up to the challenge. ??? @ RB, but have faith in Newby and the gang to fill Dullah's shoes. New coaching staff for us, spells miscues on both sides of the ball. Hoping and figuring our overall athleticism--and especially badass DL--gives an edge in a close victory and the Joseph Smithers will go home with sad faces:

Corn: 30

Mormons: 27

GBR!

Should be a close one. BYU has given Tejas some real problems over recent years, so they won't be s'ker'd of us. T Hill s'kers me, though, primo dual threat guy, might be the X factor for them. We're w/o our best offensive threat--DPE--who, by himself, is worth at least 7 points xtra/game. Consequently, big hole there in our passing attack, hopefully to be filled by Westerkamp, I suspect. Breakout time for The Stache, must step up to the challenge. ??? @ RB, but have faith in Newby and the gang to fill Dullah's shoes. New coaching staff for us, spells miscues on both sides of the ball. Hoping and figuring our overall athleticism--and especially badass DL--gives an edge in a close victory and the Joseph Smithers will go home with sad faces:

GBR!

That is almost unreadable.

NU 34

BYU 20

• Fire 1

GBR!

That is almost unreadable.

NU 34

BYU 20

You're being too nice, I think.

• Fire 1

First of all...of course DN writers picked BYU...most of those writers hate sports.

Second, Mattich picking BYU has a lot to do with the fact that he played at BYU but lets not act like it is some far out crazy pick

Not crazy, just predictable. McShay picked Temple over Penn St. and gave some good reason's to back up what he said. Mattich's only reason was that NU has a new coach.

Again, it is just a perception thing. NU won 9 games last year and gets a new coach so they will struggle. Michigan gets a new coach and some guys are predicting this huge turnaround. I wish I remember who it was, but they have Michigan being so good by the end of the year that they will beat Ohio St. I have read/ watched countless "experts" say Utah should win, but it won't surprise me if Michigan takes this game. Harbaugh is a good coach, but come on, they were terrible last year.

First of all...of course DN writers picked BYU...most of those writers hate sports.

Second, Mattich picking BYU has a lot to do with the fact that he played at BYU but lets not act like it is some far out crazy pick

Not crazy, just predictable. McShay picked Temple over Penn St. and gave some good reason's to back up what he said. Mattich's only reason was that NU has a new coach.

Again, it is just a perception thing. NU won 9 games last year and gets a new coach so they will struggle. Michigan gets a new coach and some guys are predicting this huge turnaround. I wish I remember who it was, but they have Michigan being so good by the end of the year that they will beat Ohio St. I have read/ watched countless "experts" say Utah should win, but it won't surprise me if Michigan takes this game. Harbaugh is a good coach, but come on, they were terrible last year.

I think that is the point...Michigan was horrible last year...they have a lot of room to move up.

NU was "good" last year...they have less room to move up.

Michigan had like 5 wins last year (I think) so this year if they get 2 more wins it looks impressive and that is not that hard to do.

You can add the Gameday crew. Pollack, Herbie and Desmond all pick BYU.

Saw that too. Can't say that I was surprised or disappointed.

What makes me nervous is if the Huskers quickly fall behind 14-3 with a sluggish start (or turnover). Even if it happens, I still stand by my thought that the game will come down to the final 8 minutes. Huskers eek out a victory at home. Won't be shocked if BYU wins, just very upset.

You can add the Gameday crew. Pollack, Herbie and Desmond all pick BYU.

Saw that too. Can't say that I was surprised or disappointed.

What makes me nervous is if the Huskers quickly fall behind 14-3 with a sluggish start (or turnover). Even if it happens, I still stand by my thought that the game will come down to the final 8 minutes. Huskers eek out a victory at home. Won't be shocked if BYU wins, just very upset.

They also think Jamal Williams is playing in this game. Sometimes I think my picks are more credible than some of these "experts". After all, I did fare well in the ESPN CFB Pick 'em.