Well, Pelini haters...

I'm gunna say this again. And every time it gets brought up.

Gangwish spun inside ONLY because of the BYU RB who came up to double Gangwish, hooked him. Contain was broken the instant the BYU engaged on Gangwish. It wasn't anything Gangwish did that ensured the hail mary. It was the protection design by BYU.

It's 11:30 on Week 2 Saturday and we're still talking about this. Good effing grief.

You don't spin inside...you reach for outside leverage, always always always. It is taught at the first football practice at age 6. Outside contain and deep as the deepest.

• Fire 1

Gangwish spun inside ONLY because of the BYU RB who came up to double Gangwish, hooked him. Contain was broken the instant the BYU engaged on Gangwish. It wasn't anything Gangwish did that ensured the hail mary. It was the protection design by BYU.

It's 11:30 on Week 2 Saturday and we're still talking about this. Good effing grief.

You don't spin inside...you reach for outside leverage, always always always. It is taught at the first football practice at age 6. Outside contain and deep as the deepest.

You teach prevent defense at age 6?

Edit: I played DE in a 4-4 and I also coach OLB's in our 6-2 defense. I understand the concept of outside contain and why it should never be given up. However. We aren't talking about a situation where it's as imperative. We were asking for a disruptive pass rush. So I'm gunna disagree about the spin move.

If he didn't get tripped up, you guys don't even talk about the schematics. You're all talking about how Gangwish is a beast and blah blah blah. That's how it works. You can talk about ANY technique and criticize it to the point where it sounds like it should never be done.

If he comes too far upfield then the QB steps up AND rolls right and does the same thing. Quit grasping at straws people.

The game was lost because of so many different factors. Not Gangwish.

You teach prevent defense at age 6?

You teach outside contain at age 6...like in basketball you teach not giving up baseline...

I know you know the guy, I get it. But you also know that I am right and I know you know what is right because you coach. The RB went to that side to STOP HIM from getting containment, that is when Jack should have kept his outside arm free and stayed deep as the deepest. The were trying to get the QB out of the pocket and Jack played right into it.

Your outside arm is always free.

• Fire 2

They just needed one of their notably taller receivers to get the jump ball over a scrum of shorter defenders.

This is how urban legends get started...

Just to repeat what has already been said, go find a picture of that catch and see how low that ball actually was when caught. A defender wouldn't have had to jump or hardly reach above his head to knock it down or intercept it. The guy jumped, but he caught it at the level of his crotch.

There's a whole lot of urban legends out there that have some how now become the truth.

Speaking of urban, or Saban, iirc, they both took over Blue blood programs that were pretty bad at the time and they both had great success within their first 2 years. Now I could be mis remembering, but.....

Riley has had 1 game.

Saban was 7-6 in year 1.

And how was his second year? I'd like you or itsnotafakeid to tell me how I was wrong.

I'm not often wrong.

They just needed one of their notably taller receivers to get the jump ball over a scrum of shorter defenders.

This is how urban legends get started...

Just to repeat what has already been said, go find a picture of that catch and see how low that ball actually was when caught. A defender wouldn't have had to jump or hardly reach above his head to knock it down or intercept it. The guy jumped, but he caught it at the level of his crotch.

There's a whole lot of urban legends out there that have some how now become the truth.

Speaking of urban, or Saban, iirc, they both took over Blue blood programs that were pretty bad at the time and they both had great success within their first 2 years. Now I could be mis remembering, but.....

Riley has had 1 game.

Saban was 7-6 in year 1.

And how was his second year? I'd like you or itsnotafakeid to tell me how I was wrong.

I'm not often wrong.

Saban went 12-2 in year 2 and won no championships

• 4 weeks later...

Well, now that we are half way through the season I thought I'd come back to make my first response to this thread that I started after the BYU loss. Take a sober look at the stats, Mike Riley is now 2-4, having won only 33% of his games and 0% of conference games. By comparison, Bo Pelini won 71% of his games and 70% of conference games.

Conclusion: we need to fire Shawn Eichorst, Mike Riley, and all of Mike Riley's retarded staff. And if that doesn't happen at the end of the season, this program is truly doomed for the foreseeable future. Riley is looking to be much worse than even Callahan.

it is very probable now that with the current staff and direction this team is moving, the home sell out streak is now on upset alert... It could happen near the end of the season.

To keep my BP down, I didn't watch todays game... it is the first time in over 30 years I have not made time to watch NU play... It was more rewarding to clean my garage... Thanks Mike.. you made this all possible.

Bo still needed to go, but I gave Shawn too much credit.. thought he would hire a competent winning coach.. NOT!!!!

:ahhhhhhhh

...and you don't rush three men to give the quarterback all the time in the world...never never. Gangwish didn't have a chance to hold his ground outside. He had two guys that sealed him inside and when he tried to get around them on the inside and then the center was knocked into him. Six guy are going to push three guys into a predetermined part of the field to let the quarterback have the time and vision to make his best throw. It's not football as much as it is math.

I suggest you watch the play again...and again...and then go watch YouTube's top ten Hail Mary plays and report back to all on the effectiveness of a 3 man rush on a Hail Mary play.

Well, now that we are half way through the season I thought I'd come back to make my first response to this thread that I started after the BYU loss. Take a sober look at the stats, Mike Riley is now 2-4, having won only 33% of his games and 0% of conference games. By comparison, Bo Pelini won 71% of his games and 70% of conference games.

Conclusion: we need to fire Shawn Eichorst, Mike Riley, and all of Mike Riley's retarded staff. And if that doesn't happen at the end of the season, this program is truly doomed for the foreseeable future. Riley is looking to be much worse than even Callahan.

Riley has got a sh#t sandwich and he's doing his best to manage. Armstrong was 11/28 today. He couldn't hit anything. We don't have a QB behind him that can compete and we don't have an Ameer Abdullah to lean on. To me this is a flat out mulligan no matter what happens this season. So much crap has happened with injuries on top of poor depth, dissension in the team, and 4 heart breaking last second losses. It's one thing if we just get smoked, but they are last second plays that seal the game on us. Other teams make them, we don't. I mean Gaglione just missed from 38 and drops one at 46. You'd think the miss prior would be in his head, but as our luck has run, he drops it just inside. And that's pretty much the summary of our season this year. No team has been able to put us away. They make mistakes as well, but in the last seconds of the game, they always seem to pull one last play.

• Fire 1