Ok....go on record.....are we done???

mwj98

Naaaaah. In FACT, I think we FINALLY saw improvement in many areas that hadn't really shown any consistent positive change in several years. I think Riley is going to get us where we are a name-brand team 'in conversations' and furrow some opposition brow again. It's not that I hated coach Pelini, I just think he did what he 'knew' and couldn't get past his own self and make marked overall improvement. In essence, I think he was a C+ coach and we need a B+ or A- coach to be worrisome again... I was VERY encouraged by the things I saw in this game yesterday. VERY proud to have Riley as our Coach and VERY proud of the improved play. Heck, we had several starters NOT in the game remember. Shoot no, we ain't done, in fact we may have just begun!

• Fire 1

A lot of teams figure out what they after the first couple of games. Who thought Minnesota would play one of the top ranked teams like they did? I sure bet Stanford learned a thing or two after their first game. The staff learned quite a bit about what they have after this game. They learned a lot more about what they have after playing a team like BYU than they would have learned playing teams like we normally do opening weekend.

I am very frustrated with how we blew the game. Are we done? I don't know. Coming into the season I was very uncertain how good the Huskers would be, and the BYU game didn't answer any questions. Riley has a history of teams with too many penalties. That continued against BYU. BYU's offense was good last year, and the Husker defense played well, especially in the 2nd half until they went prevent to lose the game. Will the coaching staff continue to play not to lose? The BYU run defense was very good last year, and the Huskers has some success when the coaches stuck to the run. The BYU pass defense was terrible last year, but the Huskers under performed in this area. It appears the streak of great Husker place kickers has ended. We lost our punt returner, and are back to catching the punt with no attempt at a return. Hopefully Foltz returns soon, although I was please with the backup punter. My prediction is between 5 and 10 wins this year, with a run of several more years ranked in the lower half of the top 30 with no CCGs.

Done??? Don't you fools know you're NEVER done in the BIG 10. It's the BIG 10! Nobody is ever done in this conference. Look at Iowa...Northwestern...even Minnesota for god's sake! This isn't like your old conference where three or four good teams crushed 8 crappy ones. Your conference is stocked with lots of mediocre teams where anyone can earn the honor of being crushed by Ohio State.

Done....meh

Ok....go on record.....are we done???

I think if you really believe this is a 10-2 or better team, then yeah, you may believe the season is over.

However, I still see reason to believe we can achieve, at least, 8-4, and lay the ground work for better future seasons. There was still some stupidity today, but I felt it was a less amount than I've grown accustomed to seeing.

I see us at 12-2 for the season. mark it.