Ok....go on record.....are we done???

mwj98

LOL no.

Huskers were a play away from victory formation but failed converting a third down. Tommy underthrew a wide open Reilly which was a long gain instead of an easy TD. A backup freshman QB came in for the great Taysom Hill and threw a Hail Mary touchdown. Just a tough way to lose.

Taking into account the beliefs of the BYU'ers, wouldn't it be better called a "Hail Moroni" pass, since I doubt they put much faith in Mary. (Losing sucks, but I do try to find a bit of humor in all situations)

• Fire 1

We aren't "done" nor are we rebuilding. There were head scratchers, and glimmers of hope.

Learn from this loss, and improve. Better fix stuff quick because Kayya with throw for 500 yards if not.

Yikes...He might do that in the first half. :( Got to keep an eye out if the pass defense will adjust and improve. The run defense looked pretty good.

How is this fan base supposedly the "best and smartest in the country" when a lot of them seem to be nothing but a bunch of ignorant front running drama queens.

I hope this board isn't representative of most Husker fans.......if the people posting on this board represent Nebraska fans, well, f em.

I hope not either, but it doesn't seem as if anyone is happy on this board unless we win every game 84-0 with the run to pass ratio being at least 50-2. If we win in any other way then it isn't "The Nebraska Way" or god forbid if we lose due to a crappy FG kicker going 0-2 and having seven defenders back to guard three WR's on a hail mary and then failing to cover one of them and lose on a fluke play, then we need to fire the entire coaching staff. smh

I wouldn't say that necessarily, but we made the adjustments, we had every right to winning this game based on our second half performance, and BYU won on a Hail Mary.

I figured everyone expected BYU to be a tough team. I figured everyone thought Nebraska might have some first years struggles. This game came down to one catch. It was not an easy way to lose. Doesn't mean much to the future.

• Fire 1

I saw a lot of promise in this game. The second quarter was rough and had me questioning the staff, I think man coverage is asking too much against this type of team but this defense will work better against most if our conference foes. Northwestern will give us problems. It's the first game of the season we can still have a nice season. I think it shows that a conference champ and even a division champ might be out of the reach but it isn't like we lost to south Alabama.

How is this fan base supposedly the "best and smartest in the country" when a lot of them seem to be nothing but a bunch of ignorant front running drama queens.

I hope this board isn't representative of most Husker fans.......if the people posting on this board represent Nebraska fans, well, f em.

And here come the guys who judge people's fandom based on their own opinions.

Super. Let me know how that works out for you.

Oh man......now I feel bad.

I don't.

Some fans are dumb. Some dumb fans also have Internet access. Sometimes dumb fans with Internet need to be called out. I'm okay with this.

Riley coached a game against a pretty damn good team, most of the time with a stellar QB holding them up, while he was playing with Pelini's leftovers. I will not judge Riley now when he's still getting adjusted to his players, rather at the end of the season when he's come to know them better and wrapped a playbook around them.

I expected changes in character, motivation and confidence. All of those for the team did improve, as did the bipolar nature of the team itself. Anyone who was expecting instant glorious improvement back to the good ol' days are morons.

And here come the guys who judge people's fandom based on their own opinions.

Super. Let me know how that works out for you.

Oh man......now I feel bad.

I don't.

Some fans are dumb. Some dumb fans also have Internet access. Sometimes dumb fans with Internet need to be called out. I'm okay with this.

Riley coached a game against a pretty damn good team, most of the time with a stellar QB holding them up, while he was playing with Pelini's leftovers. I will not judge Riley now when he's still getting adjusted to his players, rather at the end of the season when he's come to know them better and wrapped a playbook around them.

I expected changes in character, motivation and confidence. All of those for the team did improve, as did the bipolar nature of the team itself. Anyone who was expecting instant glorious improvement back to the good ol' days are morons.

I was being sarcastic. I don't feel bad. People are stupid.

I hope not either, but it doesn't seem as if anyone is happy on this board unless we win every game 84-0 with the run to pass ratio being at least 50-2. If we win in any other way then it isn't "The Nebraska Way" or god forbid if we lose due to a crappy FG kicker going 0-2 and having seven defenders back to guard three WR's on a hail mary and then failing to cover one of them and lose on a fluke play, then we need to fire the entire coaching staff. smh

I wouldn't say that necessarily, but we made the adjustments, we had every right to winning this game based on our second half performance, and BYU won on a Hail Mary.

I figured everyone expected BYU to be a tough team. I figured everyone thought Nebraska might have some first years struggles. This game came down to one catch. It was not an easy way to lose. Doesn't mean much to the future.

I totally agree with you, but it seems a lot of people on here don't. They have their pitchforks out to chase MR out of town already.

I'm done. I saw things that are going to get picked apart in B1G play. No run game, relying on throws across the field (MSU will have a field day with those), getting stupid when all you need are a few yards, poor pass pro... I guess they know how to set plays up though.

Defense was awful. Superior athletes and we give up that many yards? Guys need safety help over the top. Why are you daring them to throw when they're recievers are taller and they can't run the ball?

It's going to be a long season folks... I have hope for the offense, but the defense is not an upgrade.

Ok....go on record.....are we done???

I think if you really believe this is a 10-2 or better team, then yeah, you may believe the season is over.

However, I still see reason to believe we can achieve, at least, 8-4, and lay the ground work for better future seasons. There was still some stupidity today, but I felt it was a less amount than I've grown accustomed to seeing.