Ok....go on record.....are we done???

mwj98

How is this fan base supposedly the "best and smartest in the country" when a lot of them seem to be nothing but a bunch of ignorant front running drama queens.

I hope this board isn't representative of most Husker fans.......if the people posting on this board represent Nebraska fans, well, f em.

I hope not either, but it doesn't seem as if anyone is happy on this board unless we win every game 84-0 with the run to pass ratio being at least 50-2. If we win in any other way then it isn't "The Nebraska Way" or god forbid if we lose due to a crappy FG kicker going 0-2 and having seven defenders back to guard three WR's on a hail mary and then failing to cover one of them and lose on a fluke play, then we need to fire the entire coaching staff. smh

I wouldn't say that necessarily, but we made the adjustments, we had every right to winning this game based on our second half performance, and BYU won on a Hail Mary.

I figured everyone expected BYU to be a tough team. I figured everyone thought Nebraska might have some first years struggles. This game came down to one catch. It was not an easy way to lose. Doesn't mean much to the future.

I totally agree with you, but it seems a lot of people on here don't. They have their pitchforks out to chase MR out of town already.

I've been here all off season, some of you haven't.

I can tell you, some of these people have been waiting months for this moment......

Hell no. It's one game. Look at how other storied programs have done in a new coach's inaugural year. If Nick Saban and Alabama can lose to La-Monroe and recover, I think we'll be alright.

There were just way, way too many missed opportunities today. How many times did our o-line and RBs fail to execute on 3rd down? 2 missed field goals? Giving up a Hail Mary TD at the end, like some cheesy ending straight out of a bad Hollywood B-movie? No, this was one well-earned loss. And BYU deserved to win the game.

Sure, the National Championship is out after today, but I don't think anyone here had their hotel accommodations lined up in advance for that game anyway. Everything else is still in front of us for a decent season.

That said, we're going to find out what kind of coach Mike Riley is very quickly. The holes and lack of overall depth on this team could easily cost us 5-6 losses if the coaching isn't strong.

How is this fan base supposedly the "best and smartest in the country" when a lot of them seem to be nothing but a bunch of ignorant front running drama queens.

I hope this board isn't representative of most Husker fans.......if the people posting on this board represent Nebraska fans, well, f em.

I hope not either, but it doesn't seem as if anyone is happy on this board unless we win every game 84-0 with the run to pass ratio being at least 50-2. If we win in any other way then it isn't "The Nebraska Way" or god forbid if we lose due to a crappy FG kicker going 0-2 and having seven defenders back to guard three WR's on a hail mary and then failing to cover one of them and lose on a fluke play, then we need to fire the entire coaching staff. smh

I wouldn't say that necessarily, but we made the adjustments, we had every right to winning this game based on our second half performance, and BYU won on a Hail Mary.

I figured everyone expected BYU to be a tough team. I figured everyone thought Nebraska might have some first years struggles. This game came down to one catch. It was not an easy way to lose. Doesn't mean much to the future.

I totally agree with you, but it seems a lot of people on here don't. They have their pitchforks out to chase MR out of town already.

I can tell you, some of these people have been waiting months for this moment......

You've been the biggest cheerleader. You wouldn't have done the same in victory?

You've been the biggest cheerleader. You wouldn't have done the same in victory?

Have I been the biggest cheerleader? Thanks for the compliment.

It's hard to say how I'd feel if it had gone the other way. I'd probably be a little more enthused, yes, but the facts wouldn't have changed much.

Had we won, it would have been because we prevented a Hail Mary pass from BYU in the final second.

We lost, because we couldn't prevent a Hail Mary pass from BYU in the final second.

Lot's of positives to draw from this game, and lots plenty of negative to draw from this game as well.

There are too many people who called this game a "toss up", that are now over reacting as if we got smashed by some drastically inferior team. I don't think that's the case either.

I don't think Nebraska should lose to BYU at home. We did though. I don't know if it means much. We did some things very well. So did BYU. They just made the play when they needed it and Nebraska missed some real opportunities. Drew Brown, penalties, and the offensive line (especially on third and short) are areas of focus moving forward.

I laugh because there are people who were waiting to play their little Bo Peep cards, and they're already playing them.

Youngstown St. played today, please, go follow them and their season.

I'm done. I saw things that are going to get picked apart in B1G play. No run game, relying on throws across the field (MSU will have a field day with those), getting stupid when all you need are a few yards, poor pass pro... I guess they know how to set plays up though.

Defense was awful. Superior athletes and we give up that many yards? Guys need safety help over the top. Why are you daring them to throw when they're recievers are taller and they can't run the ball?

It's going to be a long season folks... I have hope for the offense, but the defense is not an upgrade.

safety help over the top is what gets you gashed for 4 bills in a hair over two quarters. Big ten? You stop the run first in the big ten. We did that. Youre gonna give up big plays. We gave up big pass plays all the time in the Mcbride days, but no one wants to admit it. That'd be revisionist. Dont be done man. Youre smarter than that.

We're not done. I saw a lot today that makes me excited to see where this team goes. Sure, I'm disappointed for a loss. But, this was a GOOD BYU team that went bowling last year and made Texas look ridiculous. I still am keeping my optimism for Riley. We're going to have to rebuild and get better each week. Our 2nd half adjustments gave me faith.