What Did We Learn: BYU Edition

Hammerhead

And all those incomplete passes gave BYU tons more time with the ball, because TA was so accurate...

Works both ways...

So keep running and punt because a pass might fall incomplete and give BYU time?

Are we supposed to play to win the game or play to give it away?

Well, if they'd have tried to kill the clock and lost, at least they'd have tried to give them less time with the ball which would have been a nice start.

But you really didn't read what I initially posted, and that's fine. I saw what I saw, and attempting to throw the ball all over the place, especially when you're QB falls on his ass after what was a great start, is worrisome to me. But this game wasn't solely on the failure to run the ball.

I got a feeling either way you would bitch.

Really? If you're gonna take a shot, be enough of a man to make it better than that...

Since 2003 (as far as this site goes back), Oregon State has been #116, #105, #116, #73, #78, #89, #112, #69, #109, #80, #92 and #122 in penalties per game. Only two of those years were they better than Nebraska (2008 and 2010).

Doesn't bode well for improvement on that front.

Wait...so it wasn't because of their small weight room, small stadium or the location of the school????

2003 was the season he returned to Oregon State, so the excuse for that year is probably "transition" year......you know, new schemes, etc.

There aren't enough +1's for that...

Seems like we realllllllly missed Cethan Carter and DPE yesterday. Hoping everyone huet or suspeneded get back soon, we need as close to full strength as possible.

During Coach Riley's pressed today he said that 3 of the players would be back but one had to sit out another game and that he would name tha person on Thursday.

Just got back from the game yesterday. I'm sure all of this has been covered, but I learned that:

TA can be a serviceable QB in this offense

OL is going to be a problem all year unless things change

We really miss Ameer

We are going to be ok at WR w/o Kenny

Collins isn't yet the player that we all were hoping he would be

D Young is going to be a damn good player for us in the future

Not a big fan of the pass D as it seemed like we rarely had an safety over the top help

Drew Brown needs to have a visit with Jack Stark

I also learned that the 65 yo lady sitting behind me at the game really like Bo and let everyone know that Riley had no spine for letting the refs walk all over us.

Just got back from the game yesterday. I'm sure all of this has been covered, but I learned that:

TA can be a serviceable QB in this offense

OL is going to be a problem all year unless things change

We really miss Ameer

We are going to be ok at WR w/o Kenny

Collins isn't yet the player that we all were hoping he would be

D Young is going to be a damn good player for us in the future

Not a big fan of the pass D as it seemed like we rarely had an safety over the top help

Drew Brown needs to have a visit with Jack Stark

I also learned that the 65 yo lady sitting behind me at the game really like Bo and let everyone know that Riley had no spine for letting the refs walk all over us.

Just touching on a few of these:

OL is very young. Hopefully in-game experience will help there.

I actually think we're gonna be okay without Abdullah. I saw a lot that reminded me of Abdullah watching Wilbon.

Pass defense looked a lot better in the 2nd half to me. Much tighter coverage.

I don't think there are any more viable excuses for why Drew Brown is struggling. Sorry to say it, but he just isn't cut out to be a D1A field goal kicker.

And ugh... the "Bo would've done this/Bo would've done that" crowd... so done with those people.

New lead singer, same errors different mentality.

Riley is a really nice guy though guys, we need to give him more time...

I am sure we will win this next week big, then everyone will be high on Riley until conference play. Minny looked tough against TCU, I say next week is a gimmie, and so is Southern Miss, and Illinios and Purdue.

I would call it now as 4-6 wins.