Coach Riley's Press Conference Today

ladyhawke

Got to love that Riley didn't duck around the issues. He came out and listed up front the problems as he sees them, and what he wants to improve. First thing. No generalized coach speak like we'd get from Bo. He was accountable. Which was a problem during the Bo era. Either nobody was accountable for screw ups, or Bo tried to MAKE them accountable by roasting them crushing their confidence in the process.

I really hope it works out for this guy. He's such a polar opposite from our last coach. If it doesn't work out, there's a big difference between ousting an extremely affable guy and a gruff jerk or a guy with one foot out the door in the NFL (Cally).

• Fire 3

Being open like this will go a long ways to keeping the fans on his side. There is a lot of interest in the program so when fans and media see issues on the field and coaches don't address them directly or give vague answers when questioned about them, that's going to create problems. He also has to actually fix the issues but at least we know that he can identify the problems.

• Fire 1

Being open like this will go a long ways to keeping the fans on his side. There is a lot of interest in the program so when fans and media see issues on the field and coaches don't address them directly or give vague answers when questioned about them, that's going to create problems. He also has to actually fix the issues but at least we know that he can identify the problems.

Exactly. The only way possible anyone can be against MR right now is if they were against the firing of the former Head Man to an extreme level.

I'll have Mike's back until he has a couple seasons under his belt and then I'll make a formal assessment.

Posted Today, 11:33 AM

teachercd, on 08 Sept 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:snapback.png

I kind of don't want one of the main positives about the team to be that the coach was positive during the press conference. I kind of just want that to be the norm.

+1. We shouldn't be lauding our head coach for having a positive attitude, that should be the expectations of the job.

Totally AGREE! And how sad has it been that we have not been able to expect a positive attitude for these past many years. I have a couple years in mind to let Riley run amok, unless wheels fall completely off. Which, imho, did NOT happen in the BYU game though others probably differ.

• Fire 1

What I liked best during this Presser was hearing the word TEACH. I liked hearing Coach talk about how much education went on on the sidelines on Saturday. When those boys came off the field after a messed up play, there was someone there to TEACH them- show them how to fix what was wrong so that they would be able to at least have a fighting chance next time.

• Fire 2