Imani Cross

Not sure what the story is with Imani Cross. Seems to be a positive guy. He's either happy with his situation or good at hiding his frustration. Maybe he's just a really good teammate.

Every time he gets the ball he makes his case for more carries. Yet, he doesn't get them. Didn't with the last staff, and nobody got much of anything yesterday aside from Newby. I can't entirely disagree with the strategy yesterday, but I've always felt like Imani was more than good enough to be a part of this teams plans.

I guess we will see going forward.

Imani has always displayed a great attitude when speaking with the media. But I don't think he's too much different from most other guys on the team who work hard without ever getting a ton of game time. I really like his running once he knows where he's going, but sometimes it seems he's a little bit indecisive and slow to get going. That could be why he's been used more for short-yardage situations when the run is more predetermined.

*edit: it was nice to see him score that TD yesterday on a good run.

Imani has always displayed a great attitude when speaking with the media. But I don't think he's too much different from most other guys on the team who work hard without ever getting a ton of game time. I really like his running once he knows where he's going, but sometimes it seems he's a little bit indecisive and slow to get going. That could be why he's been used more for short-yardage situations when the run is more predetermined.

The spin move at first contact was pretty nifty too. :corndance

I think the previous staff convinced Imani to be something he wasn't. They didn't see the need for arbiter back and wanted guys who were "quicker" and more "shifty" IMO. The last time in recent history Bo used a thumper was prior to Quentin Castille getting dismissed. Cross seemed to try and become the quicker more shifty guy. Seemed like his Freshman year he ran behind his pads more and squared up.

For the record, I think he could be a featured back. More power running.

The spin move at first contact was pretty nifty too. :corndance

It was a great move.

I still remember a run from one of Imani's first games, it might have even been his first run. He runs right inside the tackle and pushes (launches) our RT into a defender to block him. He cuts left across the field and stiff arms one defender and stutter-steps another defender. Man, I was so impressed with that run.

*Edit: found the video, it was 2012 vs. Arkansas State:

• Fire 1

I think the previous staff convinced Imani to be something he wasn't. They didn't see the need for arbiter back and wanted guys who were "quicker" and more "shifty" IMO. The last time in recent history Bo used a thumper was prior to Quentin Castille getting dismissed. Cross seemed to try and become the quicker more shifty guy. Seemed like his Freshman year he ran behind his pads more and squared up.

Then why did Riley and Co have him slim down and lose 20-30 pounds this offseason?

• Fire 1

Then why did Riley and Co have him slim down and lose 20-30 pounds this offseason?

I read that he lost the weight, but never heard if it was his decision the staff's. The below says he lost the weight to get quicker and got the coaches attention, but not that they had him lose the weight.

I just don't think Imani was or will ever be the "shifty" runner. He is smash mouth, off tackle runner.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/cross-keeps-positive-outlook-loses-pounds/article_7b2396f5-4dec-598f-be6a-c5796c1f2f25.html

I read that he lost the weight, but never heard if it was his decision the staff's.

On one of the HOL podcasts, they mentioned it was the staff.