Alex Lewis social media post

Red Five

All this whining and bitching is not doing any good. This staff is not going anywhere any time soon. Go to bed, sleep it off and hope we can beat up on Wisconsin next weekend. Hope everyone learns from this game, and we move forward, that truly is all we can do.

It doesn't matter what we learn, we hope that the staff actually learns something and puts together a team that "looks like football."

At least the press conference was nice, even though his quarterback may disagree.

Speaking of butthurt Pelini fans, thanks for making my point.

You have failed your Rorschach test for this week. Riley held up an inkblot that looked like a poor game plan that was poorly executed and overlaid with poor decisions and poor game management. Then you are asked "What does this look like to you?"...

...and you said "It looks like a bunch of butthurt Pelini fans to me!"

I guess my question is, why is Lewis so vocal towards or against the fan base? If he's this vocal to some fans, then I hope he's 20x more vocal to his teammates. If he wants to hold this fan base accountable, then I hope he holds his own offense even more accountable. I mean, after all, it was them who ran some crazy as Air Raid offense into Hurricane Juaquin winds, and only managed 13 points.

I mean, he does realize, that's not my fault or any other fans fault. Right?

Very poor form for a legacy and captain. Im sure he was talked to last week after the tweet. Personally, I'd cut him loose. The coaches have plenty to answer for, no doubt, but having a cancer makes things doubly worse.

And youre a fool if you believe players should act, especially in front of cameras/social media, as if they are a poster on a message board.

Man, I hope MR gets wind of this and take away his C and gives his snaps to someone else. I'm not in the camp that thinks he sucks as a player at all. However, I am now in the camp that thinks he sucks as a person!

Thanks. This needed to be bumped. I'm at the point where MR can take his jersey and send him on his way.

I second that. Bo wouldn't have put up with this kind of behavior. Coach R needs to start leading this team and not thinking about his retirement deal he made last year.

Bo allowed even worse crap to go on. As for Alex, he was a POS before this, now he's Corey McKeon on steroids. He needs to move on.

• Fire 2

I second that. Bo wouldn't have put up with this kind of behavior. Coach R needs to start leading this team and not thinking about his retirement deal he made last year.

Bo put up with quite a bit, and what the players didn't say to the media or the public was being said in the locker room or meeting rooms with the coaches leading the meetings.

You people need to understand something, that final meeting should have taught you a lot about the mentality of this team and this former head coach Bo Pelini.

Did that sound like a meeting between a leader of men, and the young men he's trying to point down the road toward success? Hell no it didn't.

"Appreciate your guys coming out and uh you know, obviously the last couple days for me have been kinda crazy just giving you guys a heads up it wasn't a surprise to me it really wasn't, uh I really didn't have any relationship with the AD, um the guy...you saw the guy yesterday...the guy is a total pu&&y

(crowd laughs)

I mean, he is, and he's a total... a total c**t and since I've been here, he's been here for 2 years, I've had a conversation with the guy a couple times you've seen him, he's never been in the locker room at the end of the day, he just, he was never going to support us."

This is their buddy. He was their boy and they were his. I get it. Cool, he loved them and they loved he. I feel the same way about my kids. Until I see my kids feeding into some negative bullsh#t or becoming part of some crap that they really have no reason to be a part of in the first place. Does this sound like a converstion Bo needs to be having with his guys? Talking about his former boss, a guy who is gonna still be the Athletic Director to these young men in the future. Doesn't sound to me like a leader. Sounds to me like a guy that probably had conversations like this quite a bit. Conversations where they sat around and boo hoo'd about all sorts of people they could blame for failing.

Where is the accountability for their own actions and where is the focus? It sure seems to me the focus is in some strange spots.

Immediately after a loss we're blaming fans? Fans don't play the f'ing game, you do Alex. There's not a f'ing thing I did today that influenced how you played kid. Not one f'ing thing.

What did Eichorst do or not do that allowed Bo to win 9 games, but didn't allow him to not get his sh#t stomped by Wisconsin? Bo doesn't apologize for anything he's done here, and he doesn't make excuses right? He said it all the time.....until he failed. And in his ultimate failure, getting fired by Nebraska, he went out blaming everyone and making sure that his players knew it was anybody but his or their fault.

Bo doesn't apologize for anything he's done here, and he doesn't make excuses right? He said it all the time.....until he failed. And in his ultimate failure, getting fired by Nebraska, he went out blaming everyone and making sure that his players knew it was anybody but his or their fault.

This is a thread about Alex Lewis. If you want to post (or have the need to post) about Bo Pelini some more, it would make more sense to go find an older thread about him and put your Pelini comments there.

• Fire 3

He not saying any thing his whole fan base hasn't been saying for 6 weeks. Should the fan base lose their posting rights?

Now I'm not saying he is right but the same people on here complaining about him are the same people posting and crying about his team and coaches.

Are you serious? He's a CAPITAN. Supposed to represent our team. He's an embarassment.

Bingo. Coaches have to send a message. This isn't remotely acceptable, and players who demonstrate this sort of leadership have to be held to standards. Nebraska may be short on depth but there is no way they can't pick another guy on the 105-man roster who is more deserving of the captaincy at this point.