What were... and ... what are expecations

tmfr15

Wisconsin's conference schedule is so light we'll probably have to sweep the division to win it. I don't see that happening. If Wisconsin beats us, that's pretty much that.

We can't only just sweep the division we still would have to make sure we don't lose the same or more overall conference games then them. If we beat them we could lose the same but not if we lost to them.

I expected to make the Big 10 championship game, winning it would exceed expectations. I still expect that. I believe we should expect to compete for the conference championship every year, otherwise like Eichorst said we'd basically be Iowa. Didn't expect to make the playoffs by any means so our two non conference losses don't affect my expectations at all

Yeah, no!

I am just wanting to get through our next game with USM, then take the season 1 game at a time. I have not watched any other B1G team yet but the final scores I have seen have been all over the place and it appears they can fling the ball pretty good themselves!

I was thinking a 10-3 or 10-4 season, 10th win coming after the bowl game.

After hearing coach speak during the off season... "We are here to win now" and along the lines of "we'll look at using Tommy in the run game" meant they weren't here to completely overhaul the schemes on players not fit for their system. To go with Lo Country's point of hearing how Riley is good for an extra win and how we are Nebraska, not OSU, plus a "simpler" defense, I thought if things go well, a 10-2 regular season was completely possible.

I don't know what to expect anymore, but I'm not going to be satisfied with "but we competed and didnt give up" and "it takes time." Heard that for 10+ years and hasn't done sh*t for us. Getting to 8 or 9 wins would be pretty nice at this point.

• Fire 1

Reading through some of these predictions, maybe I should read through the threads to change my pessimism about the defense. I don't see it getting fixed this season. I applaud the improved tackling but something's not right on that side of the ball. The offense will help us win a shootout or two but optimistically 6-6 or 7-5. The only expectations I had coming into the season was that a more experienced staff would make in game adjustments and blowout losses would become a thing of the past. I no longer believe that will happen and not achieving the magical 9 win standard is disappointing. Blah, before anyone makes accusations, I am neither a Boliever or Riley hater and am not implying a comparison between the two coaches.

we aren't short one big play maker.........we are short a sh#t load of talent.........our OL and DL are pitiful, they need to show improvement, steady, measured improvement as the season continues.....

Newby is just average, the rest of our backs would need road graders to look even serviceable......the whole team is just average, they need to work like hell to improve and win games......7-5 or 6-6 is what I expect.

but show some improvement in the development of our line play.

Whatever is fine with me.

I don't buy tickets, I don't buy Husker stuff except at the thrift shops. The layout I make is that I pay my mom's cable bill for the Big Ten network because she likes to have kids and grandkids over for the game. At that level of buy in, I expect eleven men from Nebraska on the field for the entire game, nothing more and nothing less. Other than that, nobody owes me anything.

Whatever is served up, I'll chew on for a while and then either swallow it or spit it out. :thumbs

So enthusiastic. ..

Trump chimes in:

Big Red? They're YOOGE! Their tradition, their brand? YOOGE! They are about WINNING! They're not LOSERS! I mean, back in the day, they did so much winning it would make your head spin! I know many Husker fans, they like me, they've been nice to me and all I can say is that they are very nice people, sensational people! I remember that coach they used to have. What was his name? Ah, can't remember, but the guy was YOOGE! A Legend, that guy. A little low energy, but YOOGE! But did you see the FACE on that last guy?! Is that the face of a head coach!? And the new coach, he makes The Legend look like the ENERGIZER BUNNY!

They say Nebraska has been down for awhile, but believe me, my people, I've got tremendous people, the BEST people you can ever imagine, and they are looking into this and getting back to me. Did I tell you I went to the Wharton School of Economics!? Well, I'm smart, I'm really smart, and I don't know if you noticed, but I'm really really successful, and I'm really RICH! And I want to put whatever it is between my ears, this special thing to work for YOU, Husker Nation! You will have so much winning you will be bored with winning!

And last but not least, I will build a WALL around the state of Iowa and make them pay for it!

I WANT TO MAKE BIG RED GREAT AGAIN!

donald-trump-funny-look-alike-20__700.jp