Return of the Fullback?!

Bowfin

Give him so carries as the feature back

I think this is a total over reaction and I also thought the same thing more than once.

Loved it. Hear me out. Can he not be our featured back?

Zwinak from PSU gave us fits as did Weisman from Iowa. Neither of those guys were burners. Just bruising punishing runners.. He was simply in beast mode. Needs to get 6-10 touches per game.

• Fire 1

Probably won't be able to have that same level of success against every team. But the coaches love Janovich and it's great that this is in our arsenal. Hopefully we'll see it again on occasion!

This is what I do like about the O staff. I want MUCH more of a run game, but the creativity thus far is pretty good. Seem to have quite a few options available that through 4 games have proven successful. I'd also like better time management, less passing...... but its more good than bad IMO.

• Fire 1

I think this is a total over reaction and I also thought the same thing more than once.

Zwinak from PSU gave us fits as did Weisman from Iowa. Neither of those guys were burners. Just bruising punishing runners.. He was simply in beast mode. Needs to get 6-10 touches per game.

^ I like this idea of him getting a few touches. Those quick hitting runs are tough to stop. Don't use them in predictable situations all the time, use it as a change-up. Throw to him once in a while too. I was loving it. Shades of Rathman, Schlesinger, the Mackovika boys

^ I like this idea of him getting a few touches. Those quick hitting runs are tough to stop. Don't use them in predictable situations all the time, use it as a change-up. Throw to him once in a while too. I was loving it. Shades of Rathman, Schlesinger, the Mackovika boys
I like the way you guys are thinking

Its not extinct. Its just not called fullback. Its hback. Lol

Completely different animals.

Fullbacks are manly men who love God, country, and family. They give to the poor, shovel the neighbors' driveways, and everybody wants them for their Best Man at their weddings. They are called "fullbacks" because they live lives that are full, rich, and rewarding.

H backs are mostly unrepentant soccer playing cast offs who litter, leave their shopping carts in handicapped parking places, and steal from their grandmothers every chance they get. The H stands for "Horrible"

• Fire 6

+1

To me, the fullback give is a play of a bygone era.

Fullback dives and fullback traps don't seem sexy or would even effective until that big guy blasts right through the line and breaks a linebacker's arm tackle before anyone has a chance to react.

But what do I know about modern? I would have never guessed in a million years that phone calls would give way to tapping out confusing and cryptic messages one letter at a time, like they did in the days of the telegraph... :confucius:dunno