Planned Parenthood late term fetal parts sale scandal

Wow, yesterday's congressional "hearing" was a complete sh*t show. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) summed it up pretty well: "My colleagues like to say there's no war on women. Look at how you've been treated as a witness. Intimidation. Talking over. Interrupting. Cutting off sentences. Criticizing you because of your salary. How dare you! Who do you think you are, making a professional salary as the head of a premier national organization and daring to actually make decisions as the head of that organization? Lord Almighty. What's America coming to?"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/09/29/house_committee_hearing_on_planned_parenthood_every_single_time_a_republican.html

Wow, quoting slate, one of the originators of the faux "War on Women" argument. I wonder why liberal protesters crashed a Carly Fiorina event, trying to shout over her, and began throwing condoms and her supporters. Talk about a War on Women. Democrats have successfully used the faux war on women argument in recent elections, and they fear Fiorina big time as she is smart, competent, and articulate, and they are trying to throw everything possible at her now, claiming she lies, was a terrible CEO, doesn't understand women's issues, married her way into high positions, etc... What's funny is that PP is not coming out and saying they are not performing what Fiorina described in the debate...they are just saying that is not their video. When pressed, they are skirting around whether they have performed such abortions, and you know there are whistleblowers waiting out there to testify at some point between now and November, 2016.

Yesterdays hearing was Republicans mostly demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding about how Planned Parenthood gets its federal funding.

Democrats aren't the ones currently saying she doesn't understand women's issues or that she married her way into high positions. That's mostly being done by her Republican opponents. Democrats aren't going to legitimize her just yet.

Wow, yesterday's congressional "hearing" was a complete sh*t show. Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-VA) summed it up pretty well: "My colleagues like to say there's no war on women. Look at how you've been treated as a witness. Intimidation. Talking over. Interrupting. Cutting off sentences. Criticizing you because of your salary. How dare you! Who do you think you are, making a professional salary as the head of a premier national organization and daring to actually make decisions as the head of that organization? Lord Almighty. What's America coming to?"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2015/09/29/house_committee_hearing_on_planned_parenthood_every_single_time_a_republican.html

Wow, quoting slate, one of the originators of the faux "War on Women" argument. I wonder why liberal protesters crashed a Carly Fiorina event, trying to shout over her, and began throwing condoms and her supporters. Talk about a War on Women. Democrats have successfully used the faux war on women argument in recent elections, and they fear Fiorina big time as she is smart, competent, and articulate, and they are trying to throw everything possible at her now, claiming she lies, was a terrible CEO, doesn't understand women's issues, married her way into high positions, etc... What's funny is that PP is not coming out and saying they are not performing what Fiorina described in the debate...they are just saying that is not their video. When pressed, they are skirting around whether they have performed such abortions, and you know there are whistleblowers waiting out there to testify at some point between now and November, 2016.

Yesterdays hearing was Republicans mostly demonstrating a fundamental misunderstanding about how Planned Parenthood gets its federal funding.

Democrats aren't the ones currently saying she doesn't understand women's issues or that she married her way into high positions. That's mostly being done by her Republican opponents. Democrats aren't going to legitimize her just yet.

First off, I actually got the Gerry Connolly quote from Breitbart. And the only reason I used the Slate video is because it so eloquently captures the cluster f*ck that was the Republican line of interrup... err, questioning.

As for as Fiorina, where to start, where to start...? I like to compare her to an ignorant American trying to communicate with a foreign tourist who doesn't know much English. The thought process being the louder she repeats herself, the more likely the foreigner (i.e. the American public) is to understand her. And I don't really like the term "War on Women" either, but the fact that a bunch of (mostly) WASP-y men sit around and determine what women can or cannot do with their reproductive systems is a little counterintuitive, don't you think? I mean, imagine if the tables were turned and a female-dominant Congress chose to deny men's access to ED mediation, there'd be a complete sh*t storm.

I have seen congressional hearings by both parties where they basically take the opportunity to grandstand, interrupt, belittle and basically act like a jackass to whomever they are questioning.

Just once, I would like someone who is being treated that way to very eloquently stand up to them, call them out on it and basically state that if they are going to do nothing but grandstand then it's a total waste of time and they weren't called to testify for any meaningful reason other than to give the congressmen/women a way to show boat for the cameras.

Why do people hover in fear in front of these idiots? What....can they take your birthday away or something?

• Fire 2

I have seen congressional hearings by both parties where they basically take the opportunity to grandstand, interrupt, belittle and basically act like a jackass to whomever they are questioning.

Just once, I would like someone who is being treated that way to very eloquently stand up to them, call them out on it and basically state that if they are going to do nothing but grandstand then it's a total waste of time and they weren't called to testify for any meaningful reason other than to give the congressmen/women a way to show boat for the cameras.

Why do people hover in fear in front of these idiots? What....can they take your birthday away or something?

Brilliant! I would pay big $$$ to see that.

Brilliant! I would pay big $$$ to see that.

I actually have thought about this a lot. What I would love is for whomever is getting questioned to have all the dirt on every single condescending jack ass congressman. So....here is how I would see it happening...:

Hearing called to order.

Cameras clicking and video taping everything

Congressman asks a question

Witness starts to answer

Congressman acts like a condescending jackass and interrupts bla bla bla....

Witness: "Senator, I'm sorry you don't like my answer and believe I am not good at my job. But, maybe you would think differently if you hadn't accepted millions of dollars and a trip to Hawaii with your intern, leaving your wife at home with your three small kids, from lobbyists who want you to think I'm not doing my job.

......next question."

Now....that would be worth the cable bill to see.

• Fire 1

Well, they can subpoena you to force you to testify, and they can make a finding of Contempt of Congress (see 2 U.S.C.A. § 192), which holds a penalty of a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.

Well, they can subpoena you to force you to testify, and they can make a finding of Contempt of Congress (see 2 U.S.C.A. § 192), which holds a penalty of a maximum $1,000 fine and 12 month imprisonment.

I understand the subpoena and that you have to answer the questions.

The rest would be awesome enough for me to donate to the fine.

If done right, there would be so much uproar that congress would be pressured to not do much to them.

• 4 weeks later...

At what point do we address the real problem? Unsafe SEX. If you are willing to risk the chance of becoming pregnant should you not have to deal with what happens when you do? Obviously extremes exist such as rape. However the vast majority of abortions are for women who willfully engaged in SEX with another. Once you are pregnant you shouldn't have the right to take a life because you don't want to deal with the repercussions of your actions.

Good point Hedley. In addition to killing a baby, there is the other argument that individuals shoudl take personal responsibility for their actions, and that its not ok to kill a life for a roll in the hay with someone you don't know and love.

So pregnancy as punishment? Forced birth because someone had unprotected sex is seriously some sort of medieval belief.

People have abortions for all sorts of reasons. You act like all of them are just "oops! teehee!" or something. How about if some sort of deformity develops? Or their socioeconomic standing suddenly changes? Or dad decides to skip town? What if the condom broke or it just happened to be that .1% of the time the pill didn't do its job? You don't know these people's situations, and it's frankly none of your business. And a clump of cells is no more a person than an egg is a chicken.

----

If you want to reduce abortions, support planned parenthood. Providing affordable and easy to access family planning does more to reduce unwanted pregnancies than anything else. This witch hunt against PP needs to stop.

Glad to know you feel there are acceptable reasons to kill innocent babies. Guess you were one of the lucky ones. Go thank mom and dad for sparing you.

This is offensive. Every time someone tries the "innocent baby" line it cheapens your argument.

It is a clump of cells. It is not a baby. It is not a person. If I was aborted, I wouldn't know and I wouldn't care. And again, let's talk about the millions and millions and millions of spontaneous abortions God has performed throughout the years. Way to pick such an unreliable and MURDEROUS form of reproducing there, big guy.

Hope you never jerk off. Should be saving each and every one of those sperm cells for impregnating an egg and pumping out endless kids because LIFE. Remember, each kid you could potentially have and don't have is denying yet another innocent baby a chance at life. Monster.

• Fire 1

At what point do we address the real problem? Unsafe SEX. If you are willing to risk the chance of becoming pregnant should you not have to deal with what happens when you do? Obviously extremes exist such as rape. However the vast majority of abortions are for women who willfully engaged in SEX with another. Once you are pregnant you shouldn't have the right to take a life because you don't want to deal with the repercussions of your actions.

Good point Hedley. In addition to killing a baby, there is the other argument that individuals shoudl take personal responsibility for their actions, and that its not ok to kill a life for a roll in the hay with someone you don't know and love.

So pregnancy as punishment? Forced birth because someone had unprotected sex is seriously some sort of medieval belief.

People have abortions for all sorts of reasons. You act like all of them are just "oops! teehee!" or something. How about if some sort of deformity develops? Or their socioeconomic standing suddenly changes? Or dad decides to skip town? What if the condom broke or it just happened to be that .1% of the time the pill didn't do its job? You don't know these people's situations, and it's frankly none of your business. And a clump of cells is no more a person than an egg is a chicken.

----

If you want to reduce abortions, support planned parenthood. Providing affordable and easy to access family planning does more to reduce unwanted pregnancies than anything else. This witch hunt against PP needs to stop.

Do you have any children? Curious

Also having a baby isnt a "punishment" it is what happens when you engage in sex. If you are willing to have sex you should be prepared to have a child. It isn't punishment it is cause and effect.

There are plenty of people who seem to view it as some sort of perverse punishment, usually those who oppose various methods of birth control.

Basically everybody is willing to have sex. It's a normal human desire. Not everyone is willing to have a baby. For those that don't, leave them alone. It is their life, and their choice. As I said before, forced birth is some medieval bullsh#t.

----

Glad to know you feel there are acceptable reasons to kill innocent babies. Guess you were one of the lucky ones. Go thank mom and dad for sparing you.

This is offensive. Every time someone tries the "innocent baby" line it cheapens your argument.

Lol.....what?

That's like saying people who oppose guns cheapen their argument by claiming they kill innocent people.

----

Lol.....what?

That's like saying people who oppose guns cheapen their argument by claiming they kill innocent people.

picard-facepalm-o-s.gif

----

Lol.....what?

picard-facepalm-o-s.gif

Yeah...that was my reaction to his post.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a contrast, my son had his wisdom teeth pulled earlier this year. He asked if he could take them home just to show his brothers. The oral surgeon said it would be a federal fine $36,000 fine for him for letting those teeth (my son's teeth, right?!) out of the building...and both the state and the feds have been known to conduct stings to see if this happens.

So 22 year old can't claim his own wisdom teeth, but a baby skull with brains intact can go to the highest bidder... :dunno