Take the screw Bo element out of it...

Redux

Excellent points. We got rid of Bo because his coaching and staff did not live up to the level of Nebraska football. Totally understandable, and I believe it was the right move to get rid of him. Bringing in Riley and an experienced staff was supposed to put an end to the coaching miscues. However, today's coaching was worse than anything I've seen under Bo or any other coach for that manner. When we have an offensive coordinator who was asked in retrospect if he would stick more with the running game and answered with this, "I think we had almost 200 yards rushing - I think we did that," I'm sorry but that's just not the guy for the job. I'm convinced these guys are looking for certain numbers instead of calling the game as they see on the field. They called the game like they were going for 300 yards passing, not to win the game. These coaches are going to, and have already figured out that these Husker fans know when they see BS on the field. Seeing us throw 31 times with no success on a windy day, and not commit to the run against a team that couldn't stop it is complete BS.

• Fire 1

2008 Dabo Swinney and Bo Pelini started their tenures. Bo beat Dabo in the Gator Bowl.

2015 Bo is coaching friggin YSU, Dabo beat #6 Notre Dame, and we lost to Illinois. Why do I feel like we have accomplished nothing?

We took a step back.

Harvey doesn't have to deal with meany face anymore.

2008 Dabo Swinney and Bo Pelini started their tenures. Bo beat Dabo in the Gator Bowl.

2015 Bo is coaching friggin YSU, Dabo beat #6 Notre Dame, and we lost to Illinois. Why do I feel like we have accomplished nothing?

We took a step back.

Isn't Harvey stepping down as chancellor?

We took a step back.

Isn't Harvey stepping down as chancellor?

Thankfully, yet not soon enough.

Well im sorry, but when youre talking about circumstances of 5 games into a new coach's first season, it's hard to do without involving the last guy and the things he did and didnt do

I wanted to love this Riley hire. I wanted to so badly that i pumped myself up with all the sunshine that I couldn't chug in the waning years of Bo. What we are seeing goes beyond the "last guy". It's a fact that Bo and his cronies left the personnel mand program in bad shape. But, this loss goes far beyond that arguement. What we have seen thus far proves that this coach and staff will not suddenly change its stripes by moving programs.

Beaver fans warned us. We scoffed.

We've seen this movie before; as much as we hate to admit it. It's absolutely BONKERS to can a coach after or during his first year, barring scandals, but it's Callahan all over again. Do we really have to stand for seeing this road through to the end all over again, sans throat slash etc, when we know how it ends?

I can't decide where I am. I want to be optimistic. What is considered realistic and sane frowns upon making a change so quickly. I find myself trying to be convinced that things will be okay; it'll all work out and next year we'll be different... we'll look back on this and laugh at our angst and worry. But, then I find myself just not excited to go through it all again. Bottom line is that I support my Huskers to any end.

OP stated things better than I could. Just Throwing in my 2 cents.

- A torn Husker fan

Well im sorry, but when youre talking about circumstances of 5 games into a new coach's first season, it's hard to do without involving the last guy and the things he did and didnt do

I wanted to love this Riley hire. I wanted to so badly that i pumped myself up with all the sunshine that I couldn't chug in the waning years of Bo. What we are seeing goes beyond the "last guy". It's a fact that Bo and his cronies left the personnel mand program in bad shape. But, this loss goes far beyond that arguement. What we have seen thus far proves that this coach and staff will not suddenly change its stripes by moving programs.

We've seen this movie before; as much as we hate to admit it. It's absolutely BONKERS to can a coach after or during his first year, barring scandals, but it's Callahan all over again. Do we really have to stand for seeing this road through to the end all over again, sans throat slash etc, when we know how it ends?

I can't decide where I am. I want to be optimistic. What is considered realistic and sane frowns upon making a change so quickly. I find myself trying to be convinced that things will be okay; it'll all work out and next year we'll be different... we'll look back on this and laugh at our angst and worry. But, then I find myself just not excited to go through it all again. Bottom line is that I support my Huskers to any end.

Im with you man. I agree. I can entertain all concerns right now. But the fact remains that only 5 games into a new coach's tenure still makes it hard to have a conversation without regard to the previous coach. Case in point, Redux (op) proceeded to bring up Bo mulitple times. I'm not calling him out on it. Just making the point of how hard it is to do this early in a new coach's time. There are still circumstances- good and bad-related to the previous guy. Starting with mentality and trickling all the way down to simple technique. is what it is.

Im with you man. I agree. I can entertain all concerns right now. But the fact remains that only 5 games into a new coach's tenure still makes it hard to have a conversation without regard to the previous coach. Case in point, Redux (op) proceeded to bring up Bo mulitple times. I'm not calling him out on it. Just making the point of how hard it is to do this early in a new coach's time. There are still circumstances- good and bad-related to the previous guy. Starting with mentality and trickling all the way down to simple technique. is what it is.

Michigan was 5-7 last year. Destroyed BYU who we lost to at home. Only loss is a close one to Utah who looks to be a top 5 team. They're running the ball and playing great defense

• Fire 1

- A torn Husker fan

I think it's real simple. Riley has an offensive philosophy that will not lead to consistently winning at a high level in the college game. It won't work at Oregon State or Nebraska. Or any other university.

But is that what we are now? Blaming the former coach for the current coaches losses? You fire the old guy for a new guy because the new guy should coach the players better than old guy. Yet somehow new guy is coaching like it's his first season as a head coach.

It's not just the players. Talent gap against Illinois is BS. it's not even this mythical toxic goo Bo made the players drink. It's calling passes when icing the game by running the ball is an option. We saw it against BYU, we saw it today.

• Fire 2

Michigan was 5-7 last year. Destroyed BYU who we lost to at home. Only loss is a close one to Utah who looks to be a top 5 team. They're running the ball and playing great defense

Am i missing something? What does this have anything to do with what I said? or did you quote that convo by accident?

I have no doubt that there are issues stemming from a lack of talent and implementing a new system.

But what the f#*k? All I saw today was straight up incompetence from the sideline. I am officially worried about this season now. If Riley doesn't get his sh#t together or bring in new staff, then he isn't going to be here for very long. We've dealt with this nonsense before, and I seriously doubt the fans and supporters are willing to sit through 5 years of mediocrity.

We have enough talent to whip teams like Illinois. It's entirely on Riley to put them in a position to do so.

• Fire 2

BYU is a great football team, Miami is a great ball team. We have been 1 play away from winning every contest we have played this season. Can you find it deep down. Inside to not act like a child on this one and maybe, just maybe give this staff a little time to put things together. 3 shut out first half's, the best WR tandem in the country. When the cylinders hit on both sides of the ball, at the same time, we can beat anyone in the B1G.