The Tangent/Derailment Thread: 2015

zoogs

Do we want to go like this because the order of the day to attack everybody and anybody who doesn't drink the Kool-Aid and call them a liar, or will "College Football's Greatest Fans" stop acting like Alex Lewis adherents?

Your call, knappic & company. I can go either way. But I think it is poor form to call someone a liar based on...what???

• Fire 2

Oh, we're back to the "Greatest Fans wouldn't behave this way" argument.

That goes any way we want it to go. The "Greatest Fans" wouldn't question Nebraska's coach. The "Greatest Fans" wouldn't question Nebraska's players. The "Greatest Fans" wouldn't call out a specific coach/player. The "Greatest Fans" wouldn't stand for losses to Illinois. The "Greatest Fans" wouldn't eat a Fairbury hot dog made in Illinois. The "Greatest Fans" wouldn't XXXXXX.

Let's put the "Greatest Fans" crap to bed. It's the weakest of arguments.

Then let's try this: A decent person wouldn't call someone a liar just because that person said something he didn't want to hear.

Are you a decent person, Knappic? Never mind... rhetorical question, the answer is already apparent.

Then let's try this: A decent person wouldn't call someone a liar just because that person said something he didn't want to hear.

Are you a decent person, Knappic? Never mind... rhetorical question, the answer is already apparent.

Wait, people are doubting this conversation happened? Why? It's all the same kind of stuff we've already heard about Riley & Banker.

I don't doubt for a second this happened, probably nearly as ColoradoHusk described.

I just thought it was amusing that such a conversation happened, and we got a new thread out of it, from someone who's vocally not a fan of this coaching staff. Irony, and all that.

I think we have officially ran out of ways to make new threads about how much some people hate our new coach after 5 games.

Nice work, everybody!!

Do people hate Riley? I find that hard to believe. I love him. He reminds me of Mr. Rogers. He would be one of the last people in the world that I would expect to be the subject of hatred.

Just because he's way out of his league in his current job is no reason to hate the guy. Sheesh.

• Fire 1

What a coincidence that a person who has spent the last several months on this forum lambasting all things Mike Riley just happened to run into a former Oregon State player who - get this - has bad things to say about Riley.

What are the odds?

I think the "calling him a liar" thing originated with this post. HTH

Does this former Oregon State player / boss know that Nebraska has an almost 5-0 record and was only three plays away from starting a new dynasty????

And does he realize that Riley inherited an empty cupboard that's full of untalented players that haven't bought in?

DUDE. ENOUGH ALREADY. ZOOGS-- I believe this poster needs the same reprimand you gave someone else yesterday.

GBRedneck pointed out the post to which I was referring, and the question still stands, knappic.

Do you have a yes or no answer for me, or are you going to keep dancing away from your original post?

Would a decent person call someone else a liar with nothing to back it up?

What a coincidence that a person who has spent the last several months on this forum lambasting all things Mike Riley just happened to run into a former Oregon State player who - get this - has bad things to say about Riley.

What are the odds?

Haha. This is exactly what I thought just from seeing the topic title and who posted it. You can imagine my lack of surprise when it turned out to be more whining and belly aching. I don't think pissed and moaned this much after 7 years of Bo's sh#t. Some people should probably just cash in their fan card and GTFO.

Does this former Oregon State player / boss know that Nebraska has an almost 5-0 record and was only three plays away from starting a new dynasty????

And does he realize that Riley inherited an empty cupboard that's full of untalented players that haven't bought in?

DUDE. ENOUGH ALREADY. ZOOGS-- I believe this poster needs the same reprimand you gave someone else yesterday.

Hi Matty! I thought you had me on ignore? HAHAHA!

Hi Matty! I thought you had me on ignore? HAHAHA!

Just like checking out your profile pic.

So a guy who may not have great physical tools to be a great football player can't have great knowledge of the game and a team itself? If that were true then only the best football players of all time would make the best coaches.

This guy's main point is "he has been okay for Oregon State, but I don't think he is the type of coach that would be a good fit for Nebraska, and Nebraska should be able to bring in a better coach."

How convenient. That happens to exactly agree with what you've been saying for quite awhile now. Frankly, it's getting really f'ing old.

What are the odds?

That sounds pretty unlikely to happen Knapp. There are 1.882 million people who live in Nebraska. Lets say 30 new players a year played for OS since the 80s That gives us 35 (years) * 30 (players) or 1,050 possible players. So from a purely numbers perspective that would be .0005% chance (or roughly 1/2000 odds). That's not even accounting for odds of moving, knowing if OP lives in Nebraska, the odds of this guy bringing it up in conversation, etc.