The Tangent/Derailment Thread: 2015

zoogs

Sorry, it was just a suggestion to eliminate the cause of most of the topic derailments and uncivil discussions. I don't really care one way or the other. I've got them and a few others on ignore and I avoid the board more now than I have every felt the need to in the past. I guess the haters and unsupportive fans need a place to post their bullsh#t too. Apparently this is the place.

I thought this was a Nebraska fan board, not a place to troll Nebraska fans and people who actually support the coaching staff that will be here for at least another 1.5 years. Anybody who can't see that all some of these posters do is to troll other posters needs help. Every thread, every comment is just some dig at the new coaching staff. It's really f'ing old already.

I'm going to post this right here and save the mods some effort:

I think one poster who claims to be Riley's most ardent supporter is pulling our collective leg (legs?). What better way to discredit Riley and his supporters than to claim to be chief among them and then commence with all of the tomfoolery to the point that the Riley supporters are a bit embarrassed? :cowbell:

No harm, but I think some are catching on to this... :cop:

I think frustration is going to inevitable after the start this staff has produced. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jesus f'ing christ.

I don't know what he has to do with anything.

I hope the staff can figure something out, whether that be culture, scheme, personnel, etc.

• Fire 1

Who knows why Collins was so mad? Maybe he agrees with most of us here and thinks Banker's D is a complete joke. I know it's the player's job to do what the coaches tell them to do, but Collins isn't dumb.

I also don't think it's a big deal if he is arguing with another teammate. That happens all the time in the heat of battle. Are people upset that he is arguing the the golden child, Gangwish?

I'd much rather have 22 players playing every weekend with the heart of Gangwish.

The mythical powers of Gangwish are strong!!!

• Fire 1

Who knows why Collins was so mad? Maybe he agrees with most of us here and thinks Banker's D is a complete joke. I know it's the player's job to do what the coaches tell them to do, but Collins isn't dumb.

I also don't think it's a big deal if he is arguing with another teammate. That happens all the time in the heat of battle. Are people upset that he is arguing the the golden child, Gangwish?

what empirical evidence do you have that collins isn't dumb?

and if you are on a team getting a free education, it does not matter what you think, only what the coaches think.

I'd much rather have 22 players playing every weekend with the heart of Gangwish.

The mythical powers of Gangwish are strong!!!

:facepalm:

and if you are on a team getting a free education, it does not matter what you think, only what the coaches think.

His bio says he is a 2014 Academic All Big Ten and is on the 2015 Spring Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll. So probably not dumb.

And I agree with your second line.

• Fire 1

His bio says he is a 2014 Academic All Big Ten and is on the 2015 Spring Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll. So probably not dumb.

And I agree with your second line.

i assumed someone was going to point to a high gpa or something. just took the risk no one cared enough.

but nonetheless, whether someone buys in or not should never be an issue.

I agree.

I think frustration is going to inevitable after the start this staff has produced. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

jesus f'ing christ.

I don't know what he has to do with anything.

I hope the staff can figure something out, whether that be culture, scheme, personnel, etc.

Well, considering Jesus' mom bailed out BYU on a pass play, Jesus does have some level of involvement here.

this-is-how-well-really-know-if-the-jobs