The Tangent/Derailment Thread: 2015

zoogs

Some of you negative folks need to think about this for a second.

What if Riley started the season 2-4 in the first half, but finishes the season 6-0 in the second half for an 8-4 finish and a decent bowl? I'd say that's a helluva coaching job if he IS able to do that. Nevermind he would have wins against two top 10 teams along the way if those teams don't lose someplace else. Never mind the springboard response that this would create for next season. I don't realistically think that'll happen, but at least there is hope.

when pigs fly......this was a baby step, not a giant leap forward........it is good one, no doubt, but is not a start to a run.........sorry.

What if Riley started the season 2-4 in the first half, but finishes the season 6-0 in the second half for an 8-4 finish and a decent bowl? I'd say that's a helluva coaching job if he IS able to do that. Nevermind he would have wins against two top 10 teams along the way if those teams don't lose someplace else. Never mind the springboard response that this would create for next season. I don't realistically think that'll happen, but at least there is hope.

when pigs fly......this was a baby step, not a giant leap forward........it is good one, no doubt, but is not a start to a run.........sorry.

Don't necessarily agree this was a baby step, we were improved in every area of the game yesterday including penalties. That's a lot of change in one week, it would help if we can start getting some of these injuries back though too. I'm not saying Minnesota is Ohio State for crying out loud, but we saw improvement of basic football yesterday, that's positive, not negative as some seem to want to spin it.

• Fire 1

If they pull off a 6 and 0 finish and show some improvements, I'll move the goalposts, I'd be in for giving him another year.

The above was the "Iowa might be undefeated" thread, not the "Should we be positive or negative? Let's fight about it" thread.

I'll spotlight a few that intentionally steered it towards that direction:

By all rights, they should win out. I hope they do. I would love to have a shot at ruining their season.

Sorry, but this is just bleeping sad.

We are now Iowa state.

...approximately the start. Then, when it was starting to get back:

Iowa apparently isn't a game that matters anyway. Eichorst specifically said he looked at where Iowa is as a program........

S***posting is going to wind up in here, or in the Woodshed. If you'd like to trash a discussion -- don't.

Some of these things are fine to talk about if you can manage to do it civilly; criticizing the season, criticizing Eichorst, how upbeat or not should we be, etc. Start your own threads about it and keep it on topic, folks.

I've got a suggestion; Just ban TheSker, GBRedneck, and 74Hunter. Solves 98% of the problems on this board in 3 easy steps. I mean there have been much more valuable posters banned for less dipshittery than these 3 pile up in a days time.

People can post a range of opinions, even annoying ones -- that's what we're here for. And what's annoying to one group of users is not to another.

It only gets to be a problem when we get into rule breaking. We want to give everyone every chance to "get it", though.

As a general statement, please don't get into calling for bans or giving grief to posters you consider annoying. If they are breaking rules somewhere, let us know -- if not, don't break rules yourself in reaction. Thanks :)