The Tangent/Derailment Thread: 2015

zoogs

For the posts, my view is once they're in here, people who are really interested in continuing that conversation can do so if they like. If they find it hard to follow now, well, that's a darned shame...

We don't usually delete posts, we just put them in the locked "Offending Posts" thread in the Woodshed. These could have been, I guess. There were so many, and I didn't want everyone to feel like they were being told they broke rules.

As for the thread, outside of these 70% of its posts or so, it was started with a civil tone and there were civil responses. Given that, a lock seemed harsh, but it was another option. My preference is to just get the point across that look, you can dislike someone's opinion, but don't turn a thread into a s###-show because of it.

Agree to disagree on the usefulness of boar teat. :D

For the posts, my view is once they're in here, people who are really interested in continuing that conversation can do so if they like. If they find it hard to follow now, well, that's a darned shame...

We don't usually delete posts, we just put them in the locked "Offending Posts" thread in the Woodshed. These could have been, I guess. There were so many, and I didn't want everyone to feel like they were being told they broke rules.

As for the thread, outside of these 70% of its posts or so, it was started with a civil tone and there were civil responses. Given that, a lock seemed harsh, but it was another option. My preference is to just get the point across that look, you can dislike someone's opinion, but don't turn a thread into a s###-show because of it.

Agree to disagree on the usefulness of boar teat. :D

Actually zoogs, I do understand, deep down somewhere I understand. I am just soooo friggin tired of a dozen posters constantly inventing a new way (or thread) to once again get their point across that Riley is not and was never good enough. We get it. I just wish they would STFU about it. And I know it may cost me some suspension time or a ban but I really don't care anymore. I'll try to keep it on this side of civil but the dipsh#ts are testing me.

Riley has at least two more seasons left to prove he can right the ship. I can't feel 100% either way about his coaching until at least November. He did come from a pass happy league in the Pac 12, where defense really doesn't matter. I think he can turn things around, but only if the players will buy into what he is offering.

Several things can improve yet. I don't know if they can get worse, so they have to be able to improve right ?

Who cares what a former player has to offer. Most former players of any coach will either love the guy or hate them, but most will play there entire carreer for that same coach.

DPE might be the key addition for passing and if Stephenson plays at RB, thing could get interesting in a hurry.

Boo-hoo

Actually, most of the crying is now being done the Riley supporters. GBRedneck has probably been laughing his @ss off these last couple weeks.

Me, I would have to say a record of 2-4 makes this forum a lot more lively than it would be at 4-2. That's about all I have invested in this debate.

That being said, Pelini got seven years, so Riley deserves seven years. Let the chips fall where they may.

Boo-hoo

Actually, most of the crying is now being done the Riley supporters. GBRedneck has probably been laughing his @ss off these last couple weeks.

Me, I would have to say a record of 2-4 makes this forum a lot more lively than it would be at 4-2. That's about all I have invested in this debate.

That being said, Pelini got seven years, so Riley deserves seven years. Let the chips fall where they may.

Will you still say seven years if it's like this after year 3?

I'd like to see 74Hunter's opinion on these numbers. I mean I can only imagine, and I think he's probably a pretty nice guy. Just emotionally attached to the results more than some are...rather than looking at the big picture.

I mean this is a GINORMOUS piece of the picture being painted on the season.

i dont think 74 is much of a thinker. Same with TheSker. They have their opinions engraved. Not that its bad. It just is what it is. They wont allow their prideful opinions to be swayed by thinking outside the box.
  • Fire 1

Sker we may have the talent on the team, but do we have the talented players able to play, meaning taking meaningful snaps at practice and in game reps. There is a reason we are not rotating player, only one athlete playing QB. This is not new. Roster management has been a problem of the past staff and it was admitted by them. Nearly two recuiting classes down is worse than the sanctions SC was put through.

Some are digging deep to justify the lack of performance by Riley.

No excuses. Period. He was brought it to win "meaningful" games and win them now.

• Fire 1