2016 Season Set Up To Be Big

Coach Riley better hope 2016 is our break out year because if it's not, and we lose 4 or 5 games, I could see him gone by the end of the season.

Really??? If he loses 4 games he is going to be fired in his second year??? That would mean we are back to winning 9-10 games which most are predicting will be a decent improvement over this year where we have already lost 3.

So....you really think that Riley is going to be fired after his second year while showing an improvement?

"back to winning 9-10 games"...LMFAO...You mean like we were under Bo?

2017 at the earliest imo. That's why, in retrospect, this hire made little sense. Hiring a lifetime pro-style offensive mind to take over our roster was a 3-4 year turnaround, minimum.

I'm also not sure how much Tommy has progressed yet. He hasn't been much better than last season and we haven't even started playing the good defenses on the schedule. We'll see how that shakes out.

I think we could be decent next season but I doubt it's a breakout year, unless 7-8 wins is a breakout. We have to play Oregon, at Ohio State, at Wisconsin, at Iowa, at NW.

Coach Riley better hope 2016 is our break out year because if it's not, and we lose 4 or 5 games, I could see him gone by the end of the season.

Really??? If he loses 4 games he is going to be fired in his second year??? That would mean we are back to winning 9-10 games which most are predicting will be a decent improvement over this year where we have already lost 3.

So....you really think that Riley is going to be fired after his second year while showing an improvement?

Are you expecting NCs next year or bust? 9-10 wins could have us in the CCG and maybe we win that game.

Are you saying that if we don't win an NC then FIRE RILEY!!!!!???

Are we going to fire every coach that doesn't win a championship within 2 years?

Are you expecting NCs next year or bust? 9-10 wins could have us in the CCG and maybe we win that game.

Are we going to fire every coach that doesn't win a championship within 2 years?

I believe we will go 3-9 or 4-8 this year and due to the inevitable uproar from the fanbase, both the A.D and Riley will be fired in mid-December (this year). I wonder if TO has one more stint in him to sit in the A.D. chair until HP retires...I'll bet he would if he was asked...all that guy knows is give, give, give (he should have been our governor years ago too).

• Fire 1

I believe we will go 3-9 or 4-8 this year and due to the inevitable uproar from the fanbase, both the A.D and Riley will be fired in mid-December (this year). I wonder if TO has one more stint in him to sit in the A.D. chair until HP retires...I'll bet he would if he was asked...all that guy knows is give, give, give (he should have been our governor years ago too).

LOL....you are going to be sooooo disappointed come December.

This all depends on how we develop the players we have in trying to fit the coaches scheme. Clearly they don't want to adjust to the skills of the players we have.

QB - Average

RBs - I think will make a big jump. If we hand them the ball

OL - I like our young guys but who knows what they will be like next season

TE - Same

WR - Impressive group

DL - Should be very solid

LB - If healthy, should be good

DBs - Who knows

SP - Improved

• Fire 1

While dropping BYU and Miami, we add Oregon and Ohio State in 2016.

Gross.

Yeah, but we also drop Michigan State and still don't play Penn State or Michigan. For a 9-game conference schedule it could/will be worse.

Plus we finally play Indiana.

GREAT! Now that they could beat us...

• Fire 1

If we're to assume we only win three or four games this season, does it really matter who and how many returning starters we have next year? If half or more of the starters returning were freshmen, I'd say yes. However, this isn't the case. I really want to know why in the blue ball he11 would we want TO to return as AD and have any influence whatsoever in our next coach if we fire Eichorst and Riley in December? Is this a baseball thing or something where three strikes you're out?

If we're to assume we only win three or four games this season, does it really matter who and how many returning starters we have next year? If half or more of the starters returning were freshmen, I'd say yes. However, this isn't the case.

It does matter. A full year of running the new system should make a lot of the returning Seniors next year big contributors, mostly on defense. Tommy should be much improved for this sustem next year. The guys who just signed in February will be reafy to make impacts on defense. Overall we should see a pretty good to great unit.