McKewon: Huskers' 99-yard march underlines win over Gophers

zoogs

OWH: Huskers' 99-yard march underlines win over Gophers

MINNEAPOLIS Before a cathartic pick six triggered Big Red grins, high-fives and Husker Power! chants on one side of TCF Bank Stadium, Nebraskas football team faced a long field and an opportunity to define itself.

Reminded me of the 1999 Fiesta Bowl when the Huskers reeled off two 90+ yard drives. The lead was never that dominating, but you could feel the magnitude of the statement that those drives made.

• Fire 1

109 yard drive accounting for the 10 yard holding penalty.

Yup. So actually, that should be almost 11 yards per play. I love drives like this. I like the big play and everything, but moving the chains, 8 plays, 10 plays, 12 plays, take 5 or so minutes and finish with a TD. Really something for the offense to feed off of, and wears down that defense by the end of the game.

109 yard drive accounting for the 10 yard holding penalty.

Yup. So actually, that should be almost 11 yards per play. I love drives like this. I like the big play and everything, but moving the chains, 8 plays, 10 plays, 12 plays, take 5 or so minutes and finish with a TD. Really something for the offense to feed off of, and wears down that defense by the end of the game.
Yup. When you can lean on your opponent and impose your will on the opponent with both poisons, run and pass, it can really boost the psyche of the team. It was an enjoyable win.

I felt the same way after 2014's win over Miami. We ran the ball into, over and through their DL and broke their will to play. Unfortunately, that dominance never again reared its head that year.

I liked what I saw from the drive against Minnie. I hope that the drive finally "clicked" for Langs and gave him a blue print for not only the season, but for the future about how NU can use both the run and pass in drives and be successful. Use the run to set up the pass.

Getting blasted and gashed for yards with the inability to stop it wins games many times before the final score is posted.....

• Fire 3

I felt the same way after 2014's win over Miami. We ran the ball into, over and through their DL and broke their will to play. Unfortunately, that dominance never again reared its head that year.

I liked what I saw from the drive against Minnie. I hope that the drive finally "clicked" for Langs and gave him a blue print for not only the season, but for the future about how NU can use both the run and pass in drives and be successful. Use the run to set up the pass.

Getting blasted and gashed for yards with the inability to stop it wins games many times before the final score is posted.....

I agree, I liked the mix of run and pass this week. Didn't watch the full Wisconsin game, only a quarter, but the pass happy Illinois game was frustrating to watch.

Everyone loves this drive but everyone knows we did pass 6 times out of the 10 plays Im SHOCKED HUSKER FANS LIKED THE DRIVE since we passed. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN THE BALL BLA BLA BLA. Seeeeeeee what happens more importantly when you complete passes??

Haven't you figured it out yet...when it works, everyone is happy. When it does not work, people question each and every play call....

Everyone loves this drive but everyone knows we did pass 6 times out of the 10 plays Im SHOCKED HUSKER FANS LIKED THE DRIVE since we passed. SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN THE BALL BLA BLA BLA. Seeeeeeee what happens more importantly when you complete passes??

Haven't you figured it out yet...when it works, everyone is happy. When it does not work, people question each and every play call....

Where is my like button lol