Big 10 Championship Game

ScottyIce

I would say, off top of my head, a likely scenario would be a three way tie for first in the west division between Huskers, Iowa and Spartans, each having two losses in conference play. Since we would have defeated both of them in the course of finishing out the season, we would presumably be the western division champs and be the lucky winner of an all expense paid trip to the Big Ten Title Game where we get the chance to face the all powerful eastern division champs (most likely them Buckeyeds). Ouch. I would give us about a 10% of us getting to the game and about a 10% chance of us winning. Pretty long odds but a better chance than winning a big Illinois lottery which apparently you won't get paid for even if you have the winning ticket (although they will get you a nice I.O.U. in case Illinois someday wins the lottery and can then pay its bills!) LOL

I would say, off top of my head, a likely scenario would be a three way tie for first in the west division between Huskers, Iowa and Spartans, each having two losses in conference play. Since we would have defeated both of them in the course of finishing out the season, we would presumably be the western division champs and be the lucky winner of an all expense paid trip to the Big Ten Title Game where we get the chance to face the all powerful eastern division champs (most likely them Buckeyeds). Ouch. I would give us about a 10% of us getting to the game and about a 10% chance of us winning. Pretty long odds but a better chance than winning a big Illinois lottery which apparently you won't get paid for even if you have the winning ticket (although they will get you a nice I.O.U. in case Illinois someday wins the lottery and can then pay its bills!) LOL

Except Michigan St. is in the East now....

Okay, so basically all of you are wrong and I had to do my own investigation. (you were either wrong or left out an important item)

-Nebraska win out.

-Iowa needs to lose once & then again to Nebraska

-Wisconsin needs to lose twice.

I think IA State Husker has it right.

Okay, so basically all of you are wrong and I had to do my own investigation. (you were either wrong or left out an important item)

-Nebraska win out.

No, you just can't read good.

You said the exact same thing IA State Husker said. Nebraska needs to win out, Iowa needs to lose twice (including to us, since we would win out, obviously), and Wisconsin needs to lose twice. I forgot about Illinois, who would also need to lose 3 conference games (have lost one so far), since them losing 2 would give them a tiebreaker over us due to winning.

Big Ten division tie breakers..

The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

(a) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

1. The records of the three tied teams will be compared against each other.

2. The records of the three tied teams will be compared within their division.

3. The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish (4, 5, 6, and 7).

4. The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents.

5. The highest ranked team in the first College Football Playoff poll following the completion of Big Ten regular season conference play shall be the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game, unless the two highest ranked tied teams are ranked within one spot of each other in the College Football Playoff poll. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the Big Ten Championship Game.

6. The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games] shall be the representative.

7. The representative will be chosen by random draw.

This came up today with regard to a 3-way spit versus Mich/MSU/OSU....big if.

-Nebraska win out.

I think IA State Husker has it right.

-Nebraska win out.

No, you just can't read good.

You said the exact same thing IA State Husker said. Nebraska needs to win out, Iowa needs to lose twice (including to us, since we would win out, obviously), and Wisconsin needs to lose twice. I forgot about Illinois, who would also need to lose 3 conference games (have lost one so far), since them losing 2 would give them a tiebreaker over us due to winning.

Actually no, IAHusker wasn't specific. We needed Iowa to lose once and then TO US. Not just lose twice to whoever.

Anyways, did we do our part so far or what do we need to happen now?

chuckleshuffle

Actually no, IAHusker wasn't specific. We needed Iowa to lose once and then TO US. Not just lose twice to whoever.

Anyways, did we do our part so far or what do we need to happen now?

chuckleshuffle

Us winning out and Iowa losing two would mean Iowa loses to us, since we play them, and we'd win all of our remaining games, resulting in one of their two losses.