So What's This All About?

Mavric

It's probably safe to say that when the full tale of Tom Osborne's time at Nebraska is told, there will be some who don't agree that his pedestal should be quite so high. Between being a coach and an AD, he's made great choices and he's made mistakes. The mistakes he's made have harmed the university, the degrees of which likely depend on your point of view.

As Mr. Severe says, the AD is not bigger than the school. However, this specific tweet...

... could refer to more than one AD. And it's a good time to remember that Tom Osborne was, recently, Nebraska's AD.

• Fire 1

Officiousness is common at schools...even good old Nebraska U. I earned a degree from UNL but couldn't get an ID to make it easy for me to get into football games (though I was allowed to purchase tickets at the student rate and enter one specific gate where someone knew I was allowed to use it) because I was attending my classes in Omaha, sometimes watching Lincoln ones on TV. I'm with the crowd that thinks this was just something along those lines and it's a shame that it has blown up to the extent the general public has noticed.

So... go be adults and handle it privately so that the players and coaches can prepare for NW without a whole slew of new distractions.

This is a great example of what has ailed Nebraska Football for 15 years. Too much interference by too many egos. We do still play football down there don't we? Or are we all about turf wars now?

• Fire 1

So... go be adults and handle it privately so that the players and coaches can prepare for NW without a whole slew of new distractions.

This is a great example of what has ailed Nebraska Football for 15 years. Too much interference by too many egos. We do still play football down there don't we? Or are we all about turf wars now?

How do you know the public factor of this has anything to do with the football program? Nobody associated with the program is publicizing it. Severe is - which is par for the course for Severe.

For all anyone knows, this could have been a momentary mistake someone made, Severe heard about it, and is cryptically making it into something it wasn't. He has a vested interest in creating conversations about which only he knows the source, and he's well known for doing such things.

How do you know the public factor of this has anything to do with the football program? Nobody associated with the program is publicizing it. Severe is - which is par for the course for Severe.

For all anyone knows, this could have been a momentary mistake someone made, Severe heard about it, and is cryptically making it into something it wasn't. He has a vested interest in creating conversations about which only he knows the source, and he's well known for doing such things.

I don't know anything about it, except that it's one more non-football thing about which everybody will choose sides. And it will turn into another distraction, big or small, for the actual football team.

eta: I'm not a fan of Severe.

I don't know anything about it, except that it's one more non-football thing about which everybody will choose sides. And it will turn into another distraction, big or small, for the actual football team.

eta: I'm not a fan of Severe.

I should have phrased that "How do WE know anything..." That wasn't really directed at you per se.

I'm not a fan of Severe, either. His schtick is really thin. I think it's a shame that so many former players are down with him. I don't think he does the program any good, more of a dead-weight satellite looking for any opportunity to plunge into our atmosphere and burn things up.