Creativity in the run game

True2tRA

True, are you still defending the coaches and blaming the players? Really?

Nope. I'm leveling the field.

All I've read here yesterday and today is Langsdorf this and that. I figure maybe some visual evidence would remind people that Langsdorf stands on the sideline, he wasn't in uniform yesterday.

All I've read here yesterday and today is Langsdorf this and that. I figure maybe some visual evidence would remind people that Langsdorf stands on the sideline, he wasn't in uniform yesterday.

So you are defending the coaches and blaming the players. smh

I have an idea. Let's just blame the team. Everyone played an equal part in the team's performance yesterday.

Those gifs show some pretty poor execution by the players, who may have done that regardless of how they were coached during practice or during this season. Those gifs also show some pretty poor play calling: NW didn't stack the box on our first run play from scrimmage, so we could've just ran up the gut and not gotten fancy.

Basically, the coaches didn't do a good job in putting our players in a position to win, and the players didn't do themselves any favors by poor execution.

• Fire 2

I have an idea. Let's just blame the team. Everyone played an equal part in the team's performance yesterday.

Those gifs show some pretty poor execution by the players, who may have done that regardless of how they were coached during practice or during this season. Those gifs also show some pretty poor play calling: NW didn't stack the box on our first run play from scrimmage, so we could've just ran up the gut and not gotten fancy.

Basically, the coaches didn't do a good job in putting our players in a position to win, and the players didn't do themselves any favors by poor execution.

^^^

THIS +1 :clap

You win as a team. You lose as a team.

So you are defending the coaches and blaming the players. smh

I don't know that we have to blame anyone. If blame is the word to use though, I'd say both players and coaches have ownership in that.

Like I said, I wasn't hearing much about execution, only about Langsdorf and his playcalling. It's pretty easy to make .gifs and show that there is plenty of mistakes being made by both players and coaches.

I'd be interested in seeing these GIFS of well executed run plays. It'd be great if someone could find GIFS of Nebraska running similar plays as above, but better.

But seriously, everything else was blocked really well on this play, and I have no clue what the hell the LG was doing.

U3ihzN.gif

I can't see the numbers. Is that Langsdorf dressed as the pulling Guard! If Langsdorf makes that block #34 is still running! Instead he tap dances around the Northwestern defender! Nice moves! Maybe that pulling guard should be moved to HB?

Damn you Langsdorf!

That play is more than likely a TD if that guard actually gets in the way of that guy...

Langsdorf is literally responsible for the offense's execution. He's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to get them to execute. THAT'S HIS JOB! Are we clear? If someone isn't executing you sit their ass. No one is being held accountable for their job on the field. That's what is wrong with this offense.

• Fire 3

I'd be interested in seeing these GIFS of well executed run plays. It'd be great if someone could find GIFS of Nebraska running similar plays as above, but better.

But seriously, everything else was blocked really well on this play, and I have no clue what the hell the LG was doing.

U3ihzN.gif

I can't see the numbers. Is that Langsdorf dressed as the pulling Guard! If Langsdorf makes that block #34 is still running! Instead he tap dances around the Northwestern defender! Nice moves! Maybe that pulling guard should be moved to HB?

Damn you Langsdorf!

That play is more than likely a TD if that guard actually gets in the way of that guy...

Yea, except theres a block downfield on the Northwestern MLB that instead of engaging them and finishing a block, we just kind of dive at his toes? The MLB just brushes it off and might have been able to still easily make the play.

Freakin' Langsdorf!

Langsdorf is literally responsible for the offense's execution. He's paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to get them to execute. THAT'S HIS JOB! Are we clear? If someone isn't executing you sit their ass. No one is being held accountable for their job on the field. That's what is wrong with this offense.

That's what I said. Haven't you been reading my posts? It's all Langsdorfs fault.

Effort and execution is piss poor.

On a serious note, if you don't hold these players accountable, the weak ass effort will continue. So you're right, that is an issue as well. These boys deserve some critique for their own effort though.

True, I hear ya. I see your examples. They are valid points, BUT what does Langs see in practice that doesn't happen in a game? Thats on him. He sees the guys in practice. he knows what they are capable of and not. He calls those plays above. So either they practice great and fall flat in the game or they are who they are. He's the OC, tell Cav he needs to sub guys in.

Same excuse people give when folks call for Wilbon or Oz. The "we don't see them at practice" crap. Well if that excuse holds for why they don't play i.e. the coaches know better, then the poor performance, based upon players inability to execute rests on Langs.....

I'm only kicking through the goal post you all set up.

We want to move em, and start the conversation in the accountability aspect of things, I'll back you 100%. It's pitiful.

That isn't what we were talking about.

Yesterday and this morning, I come to this board and I hear mention after mention about Langsdorf and his playcalling and hardly word one about the sh#t effort by the players, especially the offensive line.

I've given more than enough examples contrarty to the idea of putting it all on Langsdorf's play calling. I can give more too.

Now as far as accountability. I'd say it's more than pathetic that the same guys continue to take the field and act like they don't want to hit somebody.

• Fire 2