Take THAT...Bo!

Fact is this still isn't the same program it was 20 friggin years ago. It is right now at a level it hasn't been at since 1968. You could argue that team had more talent overall and desire to win. Sure we have some pieces of the puzzle here right now. Sure we have a decent group of receivers and maybe running backs.

Ask yourself if TA could even carry Crouch's jock strap? Bobby Newcomb's? Jamal Lord's? Zach Lee's? He is more comparable to Tmart than most of those players.

Fact is this still isn't the same program it was 20 friggin years ago. It is right now at a level it hasn't been at since 1968. You could argue that team had more talent overall and desire to win. Sure we have some pieces of the puzzle here right now. Sure we have a decent group of receivers and maybe running backs.

Ask yourself if TA could even carry Crouch's jock strap? Bobby Newcomb's? Jamal Lord's? Zach Lee's? He is more comparable to Tmart than most of those players.

Who said we were the same program we were 20 years ago? I think all of us are well aware of that.

I don't see us ever improving with TA as our QB. He can pass the deep ball, ok. He can scramble if needed, but won't break down the field for a 60 yard scamper and score. He can't hit wide open receivers 10 yards down the field. Throws footballs like his pitching to the Mets. Every one is a fastball.

Find one area where he is better than any QB thats played here in the last 15 years? Just one area.

It amazes me how many people are willing to defend Bo Pelini. I can't understand it. It's craziness. It's almost a sickness.

How can a Nebraska fan have any respect for the guy? He's got no respect for you.

He hates your program. He wishes he had never come here and he wanted to get out a long time ago. It's your fault Husker fans. It's your fault Eichorst. We made this too hard for him and it almost cost him his life or eventually would have....right?

He's poisoned what was once one of the most unified fan/team relationships in the history of this game.

If you'd have told me that one guy would come into this program and create so much division and toxicity, I'd have said NO WAY, NOT HERE. It won't ever happen at Nebraska.

Instead, some of the classiest fans in the country, and a team that is usually full of some of the most passionate, classy, loyal, committed, hard working, non-stop high integrity type of players, is now full of resentment for the very people that load the stadium 90,000+ strong, even when some players make it obvious as ever that they don't want to be here and they hate playing for the Big Red.

We've got a Husker legacy player flipping off the Husker crowd? How the hell could a kid whose father played as an All American Center at Nebraska, now have such a lack of respect for this program? If a legacy player feels that way, imagine some of Bo's even more loyal minions who aren't born and bred Husker red.......

And we've got fans who still jock ride the guy who preached this garbage every Sunday like a pastor to the church.

You are serious mental. Bo was a good coach - you have a very distorted view. Tony Fitzpatrick flipped off a Miami player

after the loss to Miami in 1984 - players play to win. Osborne was also passionate - and he appreciated Pelini.

Funny how so many people know Pelini and how BAD he was for Nebraska. He called out fans that left during the

Ohio State game because they were fair weather fans. We now have a nice coach - and our football sucks.

Nebraska fans (the best in college football), don't have coaches breaking down the door to coach here because of the

treatment of coaches - Solich and Pelini. Win 9 games at Nebraska and get fired..... The Administration at Nebraska is mental.

• Fire 1

(TA) Is he the best for Nebraska right now. Sure, he is all we have. What if Ryker comes out and does a nice job and we win big. Won't know anything until we play a team thats won more than 1 game if Ryker can lead better. So as far as TA being the best available this year, I would agree with that, but he is in no means a great QB. If he learns to throw the ball with some touch, then maybe he gets better. He looks out of shape and not really as fast as he was last year. Seems like he isn't or doesn't have that extra gear.

Even I thought the secondary would be better.

Then I watched them play this season and realized I was wrong.

Not complicated.

These boys are used to being in a system that kept a lot of things in front of them, and when they didn't, they knew they had help over the top. Hard to fail with 7 in coverage.

AND EVEN THEN.....we watched them do some of the same things they are doing now like not turning back for the ball, not keeping their hands active and hand fighting, or completely losing leverage and allowing players to complete their routes unphased.

It's magnified this season because they are in a situation where the magnifying glass is solely on them when the ball is in the air. Playing DB in this type of system is not for the weak minded, or the fundamentally weak. Nebraska has constantly changed out secondary coaches in recent history, one of them even called out the toughness and mindset of the players in the secondary here. Something about being able to take a punch and punch back.

Banker and Stewart will get their guys. They will build them fundamentally and technically where footwork will be an emphasis. Those players will get beat too, in this system you will get beat, but when those players who are strong technically and fundamentally get beat, they will be able to revert back to their technique and what they've been taught, and make the next play. Right now we are seeing guys get beat and revert back to the way they used to do things, and then it gets sloppy.

It's really easy to see it if you watch. I can make GIF's of some very evident ones if anyone would like.

https://twitter.com/Jimrosehuskers/status/660060714426638336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jim Rose to Johnny Rodgers "are you implying Pelini was bad for the guys mentally?" Rodgers: "I'm not implying it, I'm saying it" @kfabnews

Getting called out...it is about time!

As much as some posters have tried to turn this thread into an argument about Osborne, and players, and everything else, the fact remains that Bo Pelini was bad for the players and wrong for the Program.

Nebraska is much better off without him, even if the transition is difficult.

• Fire 1

Just for fun, let's look at all of the games that Bo's Huskers either lost or inordinately struggled in a game against a team we should have outmatched and/or were favored against.

2008 Colorado W 40-31 (The Kick and Pick away from losing to 5-7 Colorado)

2009 Missouri W 28-12 (28 unanswered points in the 4th brought our offense out of do-nothing mode to win)

2009 Texas Tech L 31-10

2009 Iowa State L 9-7 (9 turnovers against 7-6 Iowa State in Paul Rhoad's most proudest moment)

2009 Baylor W 20-10

2009 Colorado W 28-20

2010 South Dakota State W 17-3 (A holding call prevented SDSU from taking a late lead in this game)

2010 Texas L 20-13 (Could do nothing all game against a 5-7 team)

2010 Iowa State W 31-30 OT (Struggled mightily for the second year against a poor Iowa State team that finished 5-7)

2010 Texas A&M L 9-6 (16 penalties, almost all of which were holding, pass interference, or false starts, led to this ugly game)

2010 Washingtonx2 L 19-7 (team came out flat, uninspired, and uninterested in playing this team a second time)

2011 Fresno State W 42-29 (Freshman Ameer's kickoff return sparked a late pull away in a deadlocked game)

2011 Ohio State W 34-27 (the biggest comeback in school history with an injured Braxton Miller saved us against 6-7 Ohio State)

2011 Northwestern L 28-25 (ranked #9, and lose at home pretty distinctly to a 6-7 Wildcats squad)

2011 Michigan L 45-17 (can't remember if we were favored, but this was supposed to be an even match up going in)

2012 UCLA L 36-30

2012 Wisconsin W 30-27 (second biggest comeback in school history to survive over 8-6 Wisconsin after a fortunate fumble by Montee Ball on 4th and 1)

2012 Northwestern W 29-28 (won when NW's game winning field goal attempt sailed left)

2012 Michigan State W 28-24 (beat 7-6 MSU, their worst team of the last 6 years, with less than 5 seconds to go after a gift PI call)

2012 Penn State W 32-23 (a bad fumble call on a PSU scoring drive, and a late safety made the final score higher than how close this game was against a decent but unranked PSU team)

2012 Iowa W 13-7 (Rex Burkhead going full Superman mode saves us against 4-8 Iowa)

2013 Wyoming W 37-34 (Game was on the line with Wyoming's final play to try and score to win)

2013 Minnesota L 34-23

2013 Northwestern W 27-24 (A Hail Mary saves us against 5-7 NW)

2013 Michigan W 17-13 (Barely squeaked out against 7-6 Michigan who had negative rushing yards)

2013 Penn State W 23-20 (Won in OT after 7-6 PSU missed their field goal)

2013 Iowa L 38-17 (We played like garbage against a decent Iowa team)

2014 McNeese State W 31-24 (Ameer saves the day tied with 6-5 FCS team under a minute to go)

2014 Wisconsin L 59-24 (Give up the all time FBS rushing record to #22 Wisconsin)

2014 Minnesota L 28-24

2014 Iowa W 37-34 OT

• Fire 2

https://twitter.com/Jimrosehuskers/status/660060714426638336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Jim Rose to Johnny Rodgers "are you implying Pelini was bad for the guys mentally?" Rodgers: "I'm not implying it, I'm saying it" @kfabnews

Getting called out...it is about time!

As much as some posters have tried to turn this thread into an argument about Osborne, and players, and everything else, the fact remains that Bo Pelini was bad for the players and wrong for the Program.

Nebraska is much better off without him, even if the transition is difficult.

It was time for Bo to move on. Perhaps with a more proficient staff he might have survived. Maybe even a better "attitude" he would still be here.