Take THAT...Bo!

All you need to see and hear to confirm this is the bullcrap Bo's former players are saying. Openly trying to poison the well.

Bo was absolutely not the right guy for the job. He was a jackass. If he was so great, then why did no p5 school hire him? Why did no FBS team hire him?

Bo had a chance to go back to his hometown so his kids could finish school at his alma mater, and still get paid P5 wages. Not sure he would've taen a P5 job if offered. And I know P5 would hire him anyway, especially after the tape of that last player meeting. Too toxic.

But he's still one of only 2 D1 coaches to never win less than 9 games in his career.

not after this year.

He's not a D1 coach this year.

• Fire 1

All you need to see and hear to confirm this is the bullcrap Bo's former players are saying. Openly trying to poison the well.

Bo was absolutely not the right guy for the job. He was a jackass. If he was so great, then why did no p5 school hire him? Why did no FBS team hire him?

Bo had a chance to go back to his hometown so his kids could finish school at his alma mater, and still get paid P5 wages. Not sure he would've taen a P5 job if offered. And I know P5 would hire him anyway, especially after the tape of that last player meeting. Too toxic.

But he's still one of only 2 D1 coaches to never win less than 9 games in his career.

not after this year.

He's not a D1 coach this year.

Nebraska and YSU are both division 1. YSU is Division 1-AA. Nebraska is Division 1-A. neither is division II

Ok, he strongly suggested Pederson and people like you, who think he's a god, followed his wishes. Pederson was hired because Osborne said so. Just because he was a great coach doesn't mean he's good at choosing/judging other people.

Wrong again.

Which part?

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/columnists/sipple/steven-m-sipple-osborne-s-sense-of-calm-will-be/article_4728be79-4ff7-5d81-9b58-4d61ccf004d4.html?mobile_touch=true

What part of that story, written a decade after the event, supports your statements above?

Ok, he strongly suggested Pederson and people like you, who think he's a god, followed his wishes. Pederson was hired because Osborne said so. Just because he was a great coach doesn't mean he's good at choosing/judging other people.

Wrong again.

Which part?

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/columnists/sipple/steven-m-sipple-osborne-s-sense-of-calm-will-be/article_4728be79-4ff7-5d81-9b58-4d61ccf004d4.html?mobile_touch=true

There's getting to be a decent list of fail lying at the man's feet. When posters claim so and so are against the program and are sabotaging it, it almost appears they're placing blame on the wrong person. He's had a hand in some pretty dismal hires the past couple of decades.

And this is and will always be a fundamental divide in husker nation.

Neither frank nor Bo were dismal hires.

• Fire 1

Wrong again.

Which part?

There's getting to be a decent list of fail lying at the man's feet. When posters claim so and so are against the program and are sabotaging it, it almost appears they're placing blame on the wrong person. He's had a hand in some pretty dismal hires the past couple of decades.

And this is and will always be a fundamental divide in husker nation.

Neither frank nor Bo were dismal hires.

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

I'll make my own judgement based on what we know about Bo's character and attitude he instilled within the program.

What do you know about Bo? Any personal interactions with the man or are you just going off of the media reports?

I'm taking my feelings directly from Bo's own words.

His true character shows when he doesn't realize he is being taped.

Problem is, you don't have all of his private time on tape. That's why it's bad to take these things out of context.

Personally, I never had a single problem with his post OSU comments. Personally, I agreed with them.

The Context of Tape #1: Bo Pelini is with representatives of the University of Nebraska as he is about to step into a press interview. His Nebraska team has just staged the biggest comeback in Husker history with thousands of fans screaming and celebrating. But Bo is obsessed and infuriated that a handful of fans left at halftime, at which point he fumes F-the fans, F-the University, F-the World-Herald, I am so outta here. Again, this was not venting in private to his wife. This was in front of people directly vested in UNL and its public relations. Bo Pelini genuinely wanted out of Nebraska as early as 2011, and made himself available for any P5 opening that came up, but somehow made people think loyalty was his #1 priority.

The Context of Tape #2: Bo Pelini has just been fired by Shawn Eichorst. He's had the night to sleep on it, and has gathered his team together for some parting words. He has led these young men for years, and is about to leave them to an uncertain future. For the duration of his speech, his #1 concern is that they might not hate Shawn Eichorst enough. Calls him a kunt. Says he'd rather work at McDonalds. Claims he only stayed for the players. Which we know is a lie. He stayed because those P5 offers never came in. The speech is all about Bo Pelini, with little to no advice one might attribute to a mentor of any kind.

There is nothing to conclude either tape caught Bo Pelini in a rare moment. One envisions the Leakers as people who can't believe the sh#t Bo says all the time, and who think the fans deserve to know the real Bo.

It's not that Bo used naughty words, or was too fiery in his manner. It's that he behaved like a f'ing child.

We don't need Johnny Rodgers to tell us that, but I'm glad he spoke up.

Because there are still people like you.

• Fire 9

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

I'll make my own judgement based on what we know about Bo's character and attitude he instilled within the program.

What do you know about Bo? Any personal interactions with the man or are you just going off of the media reports?

I'm taking my feelings directly from Bo's own words.

His true character shows when he doesn't realize he is being taped.

Problem is, you don't have all of his private time on tape. That's why it's bad to take these things out of context.

Personally, I never had a single problem with his post OSU comments. Personally, I agreed with them.

I don't need all the private conversations.

I supported Bo every day he was coach here till the Wisconsin game his last year. That's even through the first tape issue even though after the Iowa game he should have been fired on the spot.

However, the player meeting is all I needed to hear to know what kind of man he is. It's all about him. He thinks he cared about those players but he didn't. if he did, he would have left them a parting message that built them up and didn't tear them down.

All the anger after losses wasn't for the players or the program, it was because those players embarrassed him personally.

This program is way better off with him gone.

I guess some are more hopeful about the potential downfall of Pelini than what is currently becoming of our football program.

There's much bigger issues in Huskerland than Bo Pelini.

Explain "hopeful of the potential downfall of Bo".

Bo already fell. He failed here. He is gone so fans like you that are crying because he is gone need to get over it.

• Fire 2

I guess some are more hopeful about the potential downfall of Pelini than what is currently becoming of our football program.

No kidding. Pelini is gone and we replaced him with a nicer person, but a much worse football coach.

Ha! So freaking true

Yeah, but it's entirely possible the toxic stew and threadbare depth at Nebraska might have a direct impact on our current football program.

Bo Pelini's name is gonna come up for years. Just as Solich and Callahan and Pederson do.

• Fire 2

No kidding. Pelini is gone and we replaced him with a nicer person, but a much worse football coach.

It will take a few more seasons to say that with any accuracy.

• Fire 4

It will take a few more seasons to say that with any accuracy.

Actually, he could be 100% accurate right now, but you could indeed claim it would take a few seasons to confirm it.

To confirm that a career .500 coach will continue to be .500.

What's interesting to me is the thought experiment that Riley gets up to 9/10 wins a season consistently got a period of 5 years. Does NU keep him? Because at least some here argue that if Bo was nicer, he would have been retained. For others, they say that "plateauing" at that level is an unacceptable failure.

Personally, I think he should be retained if he does that, just like I thought Bo should be.

Then again, it's likely moot, as he'll be nearing retirement.