Take THAT...Bo!

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

Tom Osborne was a great coach. That does not make him infallible in all things. Anyone whose head is not lodged up their a$$ could recognize that Bo Pelini had become bad for this football program. It's really quite simple and requires no arrogance whatsoever.

• Fire 3

Johnny's opinion in this case is about as informed as most people's on this board.

These former players should know better.. they know that people outside the program, even former members, simply don't know what's going on inside the program today. I would be dollars against dimes that Rodgers hasn't even talked to a recent player lately.

You're making an assumption that Johnny Rodgers is making an assumption.

• Fire 1

Ok, he strongly suggested Pederson and people like you, who think he's a god, followed his wishes. Pederson was hired because Osborne said so. Just because he was a great coach doesn't mean he's good at choosing/judging other people.

Yeah, he was awful at recruiting. You know, where you judge and choose other people. ;)

• Fire 1

Ok, he strongly suggested Pederson and people like you, who think he's a god, followed his wishes. Pederson was hired because Osborne said so. Just because he was a great coach doesn't mean he's good at choosing/judging other people.

Yeah, he was awful at recruiting. You know, where you judge and choose other people. ;)

And coaches/A.D.s are exactly like players.

Wrong again.

Which part?

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/columnists/sipple/steven-m-sipple-osborne-s-sense-of-calm-will-be/article_4728be79-4ff7-5d81-9b58-4d61ccf004d4.html?mobile_touch=true

• Fire 5

All you need to see and hear to confirm this is the bullcrap Bo's former players are saying. Openly trying to poison the well.

Bo was absolutely not the right guy for the job. He was a jackass. If he was so great, then why did no p5 school hire him? Why did no FBS team hire him?

Bo had a chance to go back to his hometown so his kids could finish school at his alma mater, and still get paid P5 wages. Not sure he would've taen a P5 job if offered. And I know P5 would hire him anyway, especially after the tape of that last player meeting. Too toxic.

But he's still one of only 2 D1 coaches to never win less than 9 games in his career.

• Fire 2

Wrong again.

Which part?

http://m.journalstar.com/sports/columnists/sipple/steven-m-sipple-osborne-s-sense-of-calm-will-be/article_4728be79-4ff7-5d81-9b58-4d61ccf004d4.html?mobile_touch=true

BOOOOMMMMM goes the dynamite.

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

I'll make my own judgement based on what we know about Bo's character and attitude he instilled within the program.

What do you know about Bo? Any personal interactions with the man or are you just going off of the media reports?

I'm taking my feelings directly from Bo's own words.

His true character shows when he doesn't realize he is being taped.

Problem is, you don't have all of his private time on tape. That's why it's bad to take these things out of context.

Personally, I never had a single problem with his post OSU comments. Personally, I agreed with them.

I agreed with them, too. I also agreed with his comments in his last player's meeting, even though he shouldn't have said it to his players. He was right both times.

• Fire 1

Wrong again.

Which part?

There's getting to be a decent list of fail lying at the man's feet. When posters claim so and so are against the program and are sabotaging it, it almost appears they're placing blame on the wrong person. He's had a hand in some pretty dismal hires the past couple of decades.

• Fire 1

All you need to see and hear to confirm this is the bullcrap Bo's former players are saying. Openly trying to poison the well.

Bo was absolutely not the right guy for the job. He was a jackass. If he was so great, then why did no p5 school hire him? Why did no FBS team hire him?

Bo had a chance to go back to his hometown so his kids could finish school at his alma mater, and still get paid P5 wages. Not sure he would've taen a P5 job if offered. And I know P5 would hire him anyway, especially after the tape of that last player meeting. Too toxic.

But he's still one of only 2 D1 coaches to never win less than 9 games in his career.

not after this year.

Still wrong. Pederson would've been hired if TO hadn't said anything. But Pederson did a fine job as a coffeemaker for the coaching staff under TO, so why wouldn't he give him a nice recommendation when asked?