Take THAT...Bo!

I guess some are more hopeful about the potential downfall of Pelini than what is currently becoming of our football program.

There's much bigger issues in Huskerland than Bo Pelini.

Yeah, but it's entirely possible the toxic stew and threadbare depth at Nebraska might have a direct impact on our current football program.

Bo Pelini's name is gonna come up for years. Just as Solich and Callahan and Pederson do.

This roster is not threadbare in terms of talent. Despite injuries, the team is fielding talented players. attrition is about equal to all other programs. Im sick of this player bashing based excuse.

There's not a team in America that doesn't appear thin at a position here or a position there.

I guess some are more hopeful about the potential downfall of Pelini than what is currently becoming of our football program.

Yeah, but it's entirely possible the toxic stew and threadbare depth at Nebraska might have a direct impact on our current football program.

Bo Pelini's name is gonna come up for years. Just as Solich and Callahan and Pederson do.

This roster is not threadbare in terms of talent. Despite injuries, the team is fielding talented players. attrition is about equal to all other programs. Im sick of this player bashing based excuse.

There's not a team in America that doesn't appear thin at a position here or a position there.

There's also not a college football analyst in America who didn't declare Nebraska's secondary young, thin, unproven and a major liability before the season.

• Fire 2

No kidding. Pelini is gone and we replaced him with a nicer person, but a much worse football coach.

It will take a few more seasons to say that with any accuracy.

Actually, he could be 100% accurate right now, but you could indeed claim it would take a few seasons to confirm it.

Of course. That's the whole point.

No kidding. Pelini is gone and we replaced him with a nicer person, but a much worse football coach.

If you judge him by his complete body of work which spans 30 some years, you can say it with 100% accuracy. Can anyone on here say with a straight face that Bo would have been 3-5 at this point?

• Fire 1

Actually, he could be 100% accurate right now, but you could indeed claim it would take a few seasons to confirm it.

If NU tanks this seasons, i.e., loses out, this staff should be summarily fired and Frost or gill or just about anyone else should be brought in.

There would be absolutely no excuse for such a collapse, and it would all but confirm this was the wrong hire. Waiting 3 to 4 years to confirm it would be a waste of time and would risk NU falling into true obscurity.

• Fire 2

To confirm that a career .500 coach will continue to be .500.

What's interesting to me is the thought experiment that Riley gets up to 9/10 wins a season consistently got a period of 5 years. Does NU keep him? Because at least some here argue that if Bo was nicer, he would have been retained. For others, they say that "plateauing" at that level is an unacceptable failure.

Personally, I think he should be retained if he does that, just like I thought Bo should be.

Then again, it's likely moot, as he'll be nearing retirement.

He could be accurate about that, but that's going to be a matter of hindsight. I'm sure all the people who are unhappy with Riley being our coach hate hearing this, but I still believe it as firmly as I ever have: coaching at Oregon State and coaching at Nebraska are two different ballgames. I'll believe that until Oregon State suddenly starts competing for Pac 12 championships. Does that prove that Riley is a great coach who just hasn't gotten a good opportunity until now? Not at all. It also doesn't prove that he's a bad coach either, though.

If he hits the same plateau that Bo was at before he retires, starts getting blown out by higher-ranked teams, refuses to adapt to try and improve the situation, and puts himself at odds with the administration, I'm sure he'll be fired too.

Can anyone on here say with a straight face that Bo would have been 3-5 at this point?

Who's to say he wouldn't be?

• Fire 1

There's also not a college football analyst in America who didn't declare Nebraska's secondary young, thin, unproven and a major liability before the season.

Interesting.

Here is a quote from sbnation...

Biggest strength: As strange as it is to say about Nebraska, the aerial pass could favor the Huskers. Both the secondary and receiving corps could be top-notch.

• Fire 1

Interesting.

Biggest strength: As strange as it is to say about Nebraska, the aerial pass could favor the Huskers. Both the secondary and receiving corps could be top-notch.

The factual way to put this would be "basically every analyst listed Nebraska's secondary as a strength and will need to carry the load for the rest of the defense."

What's interesting to me is the thought experiment that Riley gets up to 9/10 wins a season consistently got a period of 5 years. Does NU keep him? Because at least some here argue that if Bo was nicer, he would have been retained. For others, they say that "plateauing" at that level is an unacceptable failure.

9 games into Bo's first season he had two blowouts to the tune of 52-17 and 62-28. Those mostly disappeared the next two years, but then reared their extremely ugly heads all of the next four seasons. Riley's been in every game thus far. Without making a claim about that specifically, I'll say that if Riley can start winning more of the close ones, and gets to the 9/10 win average, while avoiding the 50+ to 30- blowout games, he'll be just fine.

9 games into Bo's first season he had two blowouts to the tune of 52-17 and 62-28. Those mostly disappeared the next two years, but then reared their extremely ugly heads all of the next four seasons. Riley's been in every game thus far. Without making a claim about that specifically, I'll say that if Riley can start winning more of the close ones, and gets to the 9/10 win average, while avoiding the 50+ to 30- blowout games, he'll be just fine.

Those bad losses... has NU played any teams this season that were of the caliber of those opponents?

But I'm glad you're onboard with no canning .700 coaches.

Those bad losses... has NU played any teams this season that were of the caliber of those opponents?

But I'm glad you're onboard with no canning .700 coaches.

Nope, we sure have not. But we will later, and my guess is we won't get depantsed by MSU and Iowa. We'll just have to wait and see.

I'm on board with Nebraska canning Bo Pelini, because it was pretty obvious that he wasn't the answer for our program, nor was our program what he wanted. I don't have a blanket philosophy that all .700 coaches should be fired.

• Fire 2

Interesting.

The factual way to put this would be "basically every analyst listed Nebraska's secondary as a strength and will need to carry the load for the rest of the defense."

Not even close.

If NU tanks this seasons, i.e., loses out, this staff should be summarily fired and Frost or gill or just about anyone else should be brought in.

There would be absolutely no excuse for such a collapse, and it would all but confirm this was the wrong hire. Waiting 3 to 4 years to confirm it would be a waste of time and would risk NU falling into true obscurity.

Good thing your voice has no impact on anything. Sounds like you've got a real clear plan there. Fire everybody and bring in ANYBODY!

• Fire 1