Take THAT...Bo!

Johnny's opinion in this case is about as informed as most people's on this board.

These former players should know better.. they know that people outside the program, even former members, simply don't know what's going on inside the program today. I would be dollars against dimes that Rodgers hasn't even talked to a recent player lately.

• Fire 3

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

It fits the narrative so people will push that agenda.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

• Fire 5

You don't have to talk to the recent players this year to realize Bo was bad for the team.

Tom Osborne was around Pelini a lot. He had an opportunity to hire Gill and he had an opportunity to fire Pelini. Instead, he doubled down on him and also endorsed him for subsequent jobs.

Why do some Husker fans insist believing they know more about Nebraska football success than Tom Osborne? What sort of arrogance does that require?

I'll make my own judgement based on what we know about Bo's character and attitude he instilled within the program.

What do you know about Bo? Any personal interactions with the man or are you just going off of the media reports?

Tom Osborne hired Pederson.

• Fire 2

I'll make my own judgement based on what we know about Bo's character and attitude he instilled within the program.

What do you know about Bo? Any personal interactions with the man or are you just going off of the media reports?

I'm taking my feelings directly from Bo's own words.

His true character shows when he doesn't realize he is being taped.

• Fire 7

I know how he acted no the sidelines and in press conferences. But that's just a public persona. As for the private person, I know what he said on two different occasions when he thought he was speaking off the record.

Neither the public persona nor the private information we have speaks very well about his character. To a certain extent, everything else is just speculation. Unless you have had personal interactions with him...

• Fire 4

Untrue.

• Fire 1

I'm taking my feelings directly from Bo's own words.

His true character shows when he doesn't realize he is being taped.

Problem is, you don't have all of his private time on tape. That's why it's bad to take these things out of context.

Personally, I never had a single problem with his post OSU comments. Personally, I agreed with them.

• Fire 2

What? No.

• Fire 1

Just because Osborne knows more than you or I do, doesn't mean he knows the entirety. It also doesn't mean that he had carte blanche support and approval for Pelini, either.

Bo Pelini isn't evil incarnate. He did a lot of good things, and he has a lot of good qualities. He always had good perspective on what his job was as a coach, he didn't sacrifice the moral standing of his team (per his sense of morality) for success, he's a good family man, he brought us things like Jack's spring game touchdown, some really poignant perspective after the 2011 Penn State game post-Sandusky scandal, and plenty else. But he also wasn't able to handle the pressure cooker that is Lincoln, and his response to that was to bunker down, turn inward, and insulate and isolate his team. It wasn't a conscious "f#*k you" to the fans, it was his attempt at what he thought was best.

Further, Tom has decades worth of examples to show us that he believes the best in everyone, and I'm certain this is true in regards to Bo as well. He probably saw a lot of good things that Bo did, and either ignored or fit the bad things into his belief that Bo is a good guy and a good coach and would get it figured out. Or maybe he even started to think that Bo wasn't the answer, but that the upheaval of getting rid of him would be worse for the program than the steady, consistent 9 win seasons.

All this to say that Bo had some good, had some bad, and wasn't a good fit for Nebraska, nor was Nebraska a good fit for him. That's okay. That happens sometimes. He did his best.

• Fire 9