Shatel: Debacle at Purdue speeds up Husker timetable for Mike Riley, Shawn Eichorst

Saunders

id rather listen to a nun queef then listen to anything he has to say.

I would laugh at both equally.

I think Colin is really good. I love what he has to say and I actually agree with the guy on a lot of stuff.

I literally got the sports package with Charter back when he was at ESPN just so I could get ESPNU and watch his show. I did the same now that I have Dish Network and had to get the package that includes FS1. I love his show.

to each his own coach! I usually listen to espn radio over lunch or just driving between jobs and don't get me wrong hes pretty spot on with his N rant but to me hes just another talking head just a lot more annoying.

I heard Bielema or his agent got a call, and he said "no way" pretty quickly.

I have a very hard time believing this story because if hiring a nice guy/anti Bo, Bielema wouldn't be some one you consider

I agree. But I can still see Pederhorst at least reaching out to him since they share the Wisconsin ties.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-debacle-at-purdue-speeds-up-husker-timetable-for-mike/article_8814d8cb-fc53-57be-b61b-01484b7d79c0.html

He had my until this line:

"Neither Eichorst nor Riley is getting fired and shouldn’t. The Nebraska job would become radioactive in the coaching frat."

This just kills me...........

Agree. This mentality makes no sense..."we can't do what we need to do for our program because some media outlets may bash us for a couple of days." Who cares! They are bashing us anyway. This is much better than being a laughing stock and a punchline every Saturday. You do your due diligence and see if it makes sense to change (i.e. is the coach you want available). If we do change, great. If we don't, fine I respect that. But you don't let this derp paralyze you from making the right decision. There is no doubt we need to be looking and need to be prepared. Not saying this means we will pull the trigger but we damn better be prepared. Michigan St. and Iowa may just kick us hard while we're down...be ready is all I am saying.

I am starting to think that is what not Riley that made OSU "relevant" I am starting to think that he probably kept them down a bit.

Gary Anderson is going to pull in (probably) the highest ranked recruiting class in their history, this year, his first year

According to Rivals NU is 41 and The Beavers are 47.

Yep by the time it's said and done the Beavers have a good shot of finishing with a better class than us.

That article had me think of this for some reason.

Colin was right on a lot of what he said. Maybe not the stuff he said as a program but in regard to how it's hard to beat good teams...etc...

His line at the end about nice guys is priceless. (Spot on too, as we just saw vs Purdue)

he was mostly right except when he said we would be turned down when we call a bunch of coaches, we only called one and didn't even bother to interview anyone else

Yeah, I'm sure Herman or Fuente would turn down $5-mil a year to stay at f'n Houston or Memphis