Shatel: Debacle at Purdue speeds up Husker timetable for Mike Riley, Shawn Eichorst

Saunders

WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Talk about games that matter.

This will be a stain you don’t wash out, the gum on Mike Riley’s shoe that won’t come off. Another fire alarm game.

There are losses and then there are losses that are events. Purdue 55, Nebraska 45 is one of those.

It goes with 70-10 at Texas Tech in 2004, 40-15 at Kansas (the first loss at KU) in 2005, 45-14 to Oklahoma State in 2007 and the Wisconsin bookends: 70-31 and 59-24.

But there was one big difference with this one, played out before a lonely, half-empty Ross-Ade Stadium.

Purdue.

This was not Mike Leach running it up because he could, the beginning of Mark Mangino’s Orange Bowl run, Mike Gundy’s offense or Wisconsin’s Big Ten champs.

This was to the basement Boilers, who ranked 103rd nationally in offense, 97th in defense and near the bottom in everything else.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel-debacle-at-purdue-speeds-up-husker-timetable-for-riley/article_8814d8cb-fc53-57be-b61b-01484b7d79c0.html

• Fire 2

Purdue has more conference wins than we do or will. I, for one, am going to give them credit of being the better team yesterday and not simply assume that we should win because of what we used to do.

Helluva game Boilers!

You are one of the more reasonable people here... What I noticed last week is that everyone on this board acted like this game was a gimme... Every prediction from the media in the preview thread, picked us to win... I knew this was going to end badly, it had all of the epic setup needed to end in complete disaster.

I told a friend before the season that I thought we would be lucky to go 6 - 6 this year. I now feel bad for getting his hopes up...

I am starting to think that is what not Riley that made OSU "relevant" I am starting to think that he probably kept them down a bit.

Gary Anderson is going to pull in (probably) the highest ranked recruiting class in their history, this year, his first year

According to Rivals NU is 41 and The Beavers are 47.

Purdue has more conference wins than we do or will. I, for one, am going to give them credit of being the better team yesterday and not simply assume that we should win because of what we used to do.

Helluva game Boilers!

They were the better team, that is the problem. They were better prepared mentally and physically. They wanted the game more. They had a clear plan as to what they wanted to do.

How many times in that game did their QB roll out and hit a little 4 yard pass that picked up another 3 after the catch. Did they do that 20x in the game?

Our defense has given up. All MR and DL want to do is throw the ball. Riley looks like he has no answers standing on the sidelines. He honestly looks shellshocked

I just don't know if I can come up with enough adjectives to describe this apologist, loser, trolling post.

• Fire 1

Helluva game Boilers!

They were the better team, that is the problem. They were better prepared mentally and physically. They wanted the game more. They had a clear plan as to what they wanted to do.

How many times in that game did their QB roll out and hit a little 4 yard pass that picked up another 3 after the catch. Did they do that 20x in the game?

Our defense has given up. All MR and DL want to do is throw the ball. Riley looks like he has no answers standing on the sidelines. He honestly looks shellshocked

This!

That play was run so many times!

Also, you are right, Riley stands there looking like he is hating life...arms crossed and headset probably not plugged in.