ESPN: Woeful seasons at Oregon State, Nebraska point to Mike Riley's mismanagement

Saunders

True, in reference the the offense, Riley didn't have any QB's on the roster to replace Sean Mannion. OSU had like 3 true freshman to pick from.

They did have Luke Del Rio and maybe another pro-style QB but Andersen wants to run a offense that features more running from the QB so he didn't fit. One of the struggles of transitioning an offense.

Youngstown State was 7-2 now they're 4-4! Holy Crap!

People in glass houses, don't you know...9-3 vs. 3-6...

...I will make sure to revisit this particular post at the end of the season, to give both Pelini and Riley a chance to be judged by an entire year, which is fair. We can both comment then, if you like.

People in glass houses, don't you know...9-3 vs. 3-6...

...I will make sure to revisit this particular post at the end of the season, to give both Pelini and Riley a chance to be judged by an entire year, which is fair. We can both comment then, if you like.

I must've hit a nerve on that one.

So Anderso(e)n losing at OSU is Riley's fault and Riley losing here is also Riley's fault.

It's all Riley's fault.

Riley.

Last year Youngstown State was 7-2 at this point in the season. This year they are 4-4. Thanks Obama, err, I mean Riley.

Yes Bo.....7!

Their AD must be supporting them from under a freaking rock this year!

I guess a difference is that Bo's team still has a chance to match last year's record.

Unfortunately, Riley's team has a chance to flip it.

• Fire 1

So Anderso(e)n losing at OSU is Riley's fault and Riley losing here is also Riley's fault.

It's all Riley's fault.

Riley.

Last year Youngstown State was 7-2 at this point in the season. This year they are 4-4. Thanks Obama, err, I mean Riley.

Yes Bo.....7!

Their AD must be supporting them from under a freaking rock this year!

I guess a difference is that Bo's team still has a chance to match last year's record.

Unfortunately, Riley's team has a chance to flip it.

Yep. I just can't get over the fact that the same people who want to excuse Riley because it's all Bo's fault take offense to the same logic being used at OSU. Moraines post was the closest to the truth

• Fire 2

It's all Riley's fault.

Riley.

Well when you look at the similarities between the two programs, there's really only one thing that links them.

Look, you can't blame this season on Pelini the same way you can't blame OSU sucking on RIley, they may have contributed (to varying extents) but at a certain point you have to suck it up and take control of the program. It is a backwards argument, either OSU sucks because of Riley and NU sucks because of Peini, or OSU sucks because of Andersen and NU sucks because of Riley. Not everything sucks because of Riley.

You can't use that circular logic very effictively unless you are just trying get on the hate train and get some clicks on your article... Which is what he is doing.

In defense of the article, they clearly stated that the situations are slightly different. At OSU, Mike Riley's team was on a downward trend and bottomed out this season. Nebraska, on the other hand, wasn't falling or rising. They simply stagnated at 9 wins.

They are placing the blame on Riley inheriting a presumably capable team that is worthy of winning 8-9 games and ran it into the ground. The same cannot be said for what Anderson inherited at OSU. You're assuming they're comparing apple's to apple's, but what Riley inherited here and what Anderson inherited at OSU are completely separate animals, yet the results are pretty crappy. What's the common denominator?

• Fire 2

It's all Riley's fault.

Riley.

Well when you look at the similarities between the two programs, there's really only one thing that links them.

Look, you can't blame this season on Pelini the same way you can't blame OSU sucking on RIley, they may have contributed (to varying extents) but at a certain point you have to suck it up and take control of the program. It is a backwards argument, either OSU sucks because of Riley and NU sucks because of Peini, or OSU sucks because of Andersen and NU sucks because of Riley. Not everything sucks because of Riley.

You can't use that circular logic very effictively unless you are just trying get on the hate train and get some clicks on your article... Which is what he is doing.

In defense of the article, they clearly stated that the situations are slightly different. At OSU, Mike Riley's team was on a downward trend and bottomed out this season. Nebraska, on the other hand, wasn't falling or rising. They simply stagnated at 9 wins.

They are placing the blame on Riley inheriting a presumably capable team that is worthy of winning 8-9 games and ran it into the ground. The same cannot be said for what Anderson inherited at OSU. You're assuming they're comparing apple's to apple's, but what Riley inherited here and what Anderson inherited at OSU are completely separate animals, yet the results are pretty crappy. What's the common denominator?

Trying to fit into their surrounding

Edited by NebraskaShellback

It's all Riley's fault.

Riley.

No it's all Bo's fault Riley is losing here right? I mean come on guys! It's gotta be that darn Bo still. Oh wait... Logic kicking in. It is Riley's fault that a team he has coached for ten months has no fire or passion to play for him. That is all on Riley. Bo's recruits or not, you have to be able to inspire. Gee heck.
  • Fire 1

Regardless of who's fault it is for Ore St, Youngstown, or Nebraska's, it comes down to this, Riley isn't going to win a CCG here.

The thought that this was possible was a pipe dream. There was a ton of anti Bo sentiment, and anyone that was the polar opposite of him was going to be welcomed with open arms by the Bo haters.

And this is the reason I know we're proper f*cked. Who is going to be able to come in here, weather this sh*tstorm, and be able to turn this program around...

• Fire 3

True, in reference the the offense, Riley didn't have any QB's on the roster to replace Sean Mannion. OSU had like 3 true freshman to pick from.

False

https://twitter.com/swmckewonowh/status/662048150278963200

Actually, he transferred because he lost his job to a true freshman.

They coated it as "he didn't fit the system" because Anderson supposedly runs a spread, but that doesn't pass the smell test considering how Anderson squeezed out wins the past two years with Stave.

He also transferred from Alabama as well. It's an odd situation.