"Jordan Stevenson is done"

Getting rid of the toxic, non-buying in players isn't going to hurt the program one ounce. This is why its called a rebuild. If Husker nation is content with winning just 9 games a year, no Big 10 title games, no meaningful bowls, and so on, should have kept BO or Callahan or Solich. These changes were made to get back to the champ level. Dont forget the 40 point blowouts on national TV to Wisky. The change was made to get this program back to winning meaningful games again. Sure no one wants to be 3-6 right now, but this was coming regardless the coach

Well, we surely all want "the champ level" and I for one was tired of Nebraska winning all those meaningless games.

So let's will do a Nebraska version of Chairman Mao's "Great Leap Forward" and purge all of the running dog lackeys who still do the bidding of that foremost paper tiger, Pelini.

You realize like 50 million people died during the "Great Leap Forward" and China's economy was horribly set back. I mean, they went into a recession and Mao lost so much power he had to purge the party of anyone that he saw as a threat.

It wasn't until Mao died that China was able to roll back all of his bullsh#t and actually start to see economic growth.

The Chinese Communist party actually declared that the Cultural Revolution was "responsible for the most severe setback and the heaviest losses suffered by the Party, the country, and the people since the founding of the People's Republic." A revolution directly resulting from the Great Leap Forward.

• Fire 2

The Rodgers brothers say hello along with Steven Jackson

Steven Jackson was a finished project of Dennis Erickson's that Riley inherited and James Rodgers had was a wide receiver most of his career at Oregon State.

Anyhow, glad to see at least one running back saying hello instead of good-bye.

What's your excuse for Yvenson Bernard and Ken Simonton?

Sure no one wants to be 3-6 right now, but this was coming regardless the coach.

Idiotic statement of the year award goes to... "NebHawk"

Actually, he's right. The culture that Pelini was fostering and his less than stellar recruiting effort make it inevitable. Unless a change was made, sooner or later this was coming.

• Fire 2

There will be plenty of others who jump off the ship before it completely sinks; this is only the beginning.

Anyone advocating that Riley run players off NOW is just setting us up for bigger disaster under the next HC. We were lucky not to lose upwards of 10 to transfer or more including the recruiting class (which I give fair credit to the current staff for the job they did in mitigating that damage.

It boggles the mind that people are actually advocating we actively purge talent from this roster in favor of "Riley recruits." I'm sorry, but that is more short-sighted than firing a disaster of a staff...which WiLL happen, sooner than later.

Calm down, no one is advocating that Riley run players off for no reason. There are persistent rumors that the cultural issue with the team is much greater than we've realized. Whether or not those rumors are true is certainly up for debate.

The players are either N or they're not. If they are, they play hard, they stay coachable and they act like they give a damn. If they can't/won't do those things, then it's best for everyone involved if they move on.

• Fire 1

Sure no one wants to be 3-6 right now, but this was coming regardless the coach.

Actually, he's right. The culture that Pelini was fostering and his less than stellar recruiting effort make it inevitable. Unless a change was made, sooner or later this was coming.

HAHAHA! If Pelini's record was proof that he couldn't get over the hump, then it was certainly proof that he would never go 3-6.

Your statement moved Nebhawk's into second place.

HAHAHA! If Pelini's record was proof that he couldn't get over the hump, then it was certainly proof that he would never go 3-6.

You hold up Pelini's W/L record here like it is some sort of Holy Grail. Sorry but I don't share your views on this and many other things and I'm ok with that.

Pelini's record speaks for itself but his record goes far beyond his W/L record which honestly, was pretty damn good. His record is permanently enshrined in youtube videos of his side line rants. His record is permanently enshrined in audio recordings of his profanity laced tirades against the fans and his employers. His record is permanently enshrined in epic losses and poor run defense. His record is permanently enshrined in the toxic culture he left behind. His record is further tainted by the fact that talent wise, this team is worse off than when he got here.

• Fire 3

You hold up Pelini's W/L record here like it is some sort of Holy Grail. Sorry but I don't share your views on this and many other things and I'm ok with that.

Pelini's record speaks for itself but his record goes far beyond his W/L record which honestly, was pretty damn good. His record is permanently enshrined in youtube videos of his side line rants. His record is permanently enshrined in audio recordings of his profanity laced tirades against the fans and his employers. His record is permanently enshrined in epic losses and poor run defense. His record is permanently enshrined in the toxic culture he left behind. His record is further tainted by the fact that talent wise, this team is worse off than when he got here.

That's a mischaracterization of my view. It's not a Holy Grail. But it is pretty impressive that he's one of only two D1A coaches to have never won fewer than 9 games in a season. I was only commenting on the fact that you and your ilk think his record proves that he would never win more than 10 games. But somehow it doesn't prove that he would never lose more than 4. It's inconsistent. But you bigredboard guys certainly have a unique perspective when it comes to logic and consistency.

I don't think his record proved much of anything. He certainly could've won more than 10 if he had stayed. He also could've lost more than 4 at some point. But there's no way in hell he would've lost 6 this year, and highly doubtful if he would've lost more than 1 at this point in the season.

That's a mischaracterization of my view. It's not a Holy Grail. But it is pretty impressive that he's one of only two D1A coaches to have never won fewer than 9 games in a season. I was only commenting on the fact that you and your ilk think his record proves that he would never win more than 10 games. But somehow it doesn't prove that he would never lose more than 4. It's inconsistent. But you bigredboard guys certainly have a unique perspective when it comes to logic and consistency.

I don't think his record proved much of anything. He certainly could've won more than 10 if he had stayed. He also could've lost more than 4 at some point. But there's no way in hell he would've lost 6 this year, and highly doubtful if he would've lost more than 1 at this point in the season.

Where have I ever espoused that view? Link please.

I'm not a bigredboard guy.

*Edit* And honestly, I don't give two (or even three) craps about what Pelini may or may not have done here this year. Period. He's gone and anything regarding what "may" have happened if he stayed is pure conjecture.

*Edit* And honestly, I don't give two (or even three) craps about what Pelini may or may not have done here this year. Period. He's gone and anything regarding what "may" have happened if he stayed is pure conjecture.

Sort of like the conjecture people used to convince themselves that Riley's record would have been better if he'd had NU resources...

• Fire 1

Ozigbo came in and kicked ass. JS knows it and we all know it

I always got the impression that Ozigbo and Stevenson were never exactly on friendly terms, mainly from the way Ozigbo reacted when he found out we picked up Stevenson. At the end of the day though, I think Ozigbo may pan out to be the better RB, and he's the one who stuck with us, so more power to him.

Sort of like the conjecture people used to convince themselves that Riley's record would have been better if he'd had NU resources...

Not really. Pelini will never coach here again, so any speculation on what his record would be here this year is completely meaningless. Unless Nebraska does fire Riley and his staff at the end of the season (which is extremely unlikely), he's going to have another chance to either prove that the people who said he only needed better resources and recruiting opportunities to be successful right, or prove them wrong.