"Jordan Stevenson is done"

Offensive linemen and running backs are dropping out like rats off a sinking ship. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the inexplicably bad rotations at both positions.

One lineman and One RB. Let's not get carried away here.

So far.

And when was the last time two players voluntarily quit mid-season, on the same day, for reasons other than injury?

I will be concerned when it's actual contributors quitting

The fact that the coaches gave into a kids ultimatum is more concerning than this.

This sucks, and regardless if the kid was a pain. He had talent, and the news of kids leaving doesn't help this staff out. Those outside the program don't have the benefit of knowing the details.

So say "f him" all you want, doesn't bode well for future kids looking here. Spin that however you want, just keep the rose colored glasses off

• Fire 2

The fact that the coaches gave into a kids ultimatum is more concerning than this.

This sucks, and regardless if the kid was a pain. He had talent, and the news of kids leaving doesn't help this staff out. Those outside the program don't have the benefit of knowing the details.

So say "f him" all you want, doesn't bode well for future kids looking here. Spin that however you want, just keep the rose colored glasses off

Why? TO was given an ultimatum by a player in 92'. It worked out pretty well I'd say.

Offensive linemen and running backs are dropping out like rats off a sinking ship. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the inexplicably bad rotations at both positions.

Two players is not dropping like rats.

Besides, I think there's a good chance there are several players on this team that aren't bought into the program. If Nebraska is making you unhappy and you believe you can be successful elsewhere, then go for it. It's your life.

I wish Stevenson the best of luck and hope other players that don't want to be at NU follow his lead.

• Fire 4

I want kids who are going to work there butts off to prove they should get playing time, not think they are deserved playing time because they have 4 stars next to their name from some recruiting website.

Jordan might have an outstanding work ethic, but I lose a lot of respect for a kid who comes in out of shape and late(not his fault he was in late) and after a few weeks he quits midseason.

He might be a great kid who just got frustrated and saw the writing on the walls, but i dont understand quitting at this point.

I wish him the best of luck and hope he goes somewhere that will allow for him to flourish.

I made a lot of mistakes as an 18 year old. He will mature and grow from this and hopefully learn a thing or two.

• Fire 1

Why? TO was given an ultimatum by a player in 92'. It worked out pretty well I'd say.

Are you saying Frazier gave TO an ultimatum? That's one I never heard.

From my memory (and I was old enough to remember), NU had very poor QB play with Mike Grant, and TO went to start Frazier because he was the better player at QB, even if he was only a true freshman.

• Fire 1

And I believe Solich gave into one that turned out to be a Heisman winner, too.

Besides, I think there's a good chance there are several players on this team that aren't bought into the program. If Nebraska is making you unhappy and you believe you can be successful elsewhere, then go for it. It's your life.

I wish Stevenson the best of luck and hope other players that don't want to be at NU follow his lead.

Exactly. If you aren't :bigredn:, make way for someone who wants to be. Better for the player, better for the team to realize this early than later. Best of luck elsewhere.

• Fire 1

Yes, I'm saying it. Yes, Solich did the same. Both turned out rather well.

I never heard that Frazier gave TO an ultimatum, that's a new one for me.

Most of us remember when Solich had to talk back Crouch to Lincoln.

That's not really how it went down. Crouch has talked about it since.

But definitely one of those rumors that take on a life of its own.

I'll say this. Basically anyone complaining and thinking this is Riley's fault is a complete moron. Anyone who has ever played sports and has had teammates quit on your team raise your hand please.... Now, for those of you who raised your hand. Who here has really wanted that player to be back on the team with you? And if you answered yes, was the reason selfish? (ex: they had the talent to help you win even if they were a bad teammate) Did the person quit because the coach was actually doing something wrong or because they weren't giving them what they wanted or thought was best?

I rest my case.

• Fire 1