Eichorst says contract extension is premature/irrelevant

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/eichorst-says-possible-contract-extension-is-premature-irrelevant/article_30c87d46-9262-589e-8aff-343fc880393b.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

How does one judge the solidity of a rumor? Just curious

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said hes respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

Its not the time or place, Eichorst said. The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and Im 100 percent committed to that. Im good with where Im at from an employment perspective, because I know were doing great things in the organization.

Eichorst earned a little respect from me after this article. Glad he told Perlman to pipe down

Actually there is a fairly solid rumor that this was all hatched beforehand ................in order to give Eichorst an opportunity to show the fans he is thoughtful and decent...............and put the onus back on Perlman as the "bad" guy since he is gone in June anyway. A parting gift from the chancellor.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's "out there" from a pretty elevated source.

How does one judge the solidity of a rumor?

measure it's density by submerging it in water?

I thought that's how you determined if someone is a witch...

You don't actually need to submerge them for that...just check to see if they weigh the same as a duck

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2015/eichorst-says-possible-contract-extension-is-premature-irrelevant/article_30c87d46-9262-589e-8aff-343fc880393b.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

How does one judge the solidity of a rumor? Just curious

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst said hes respectfully asked Chancellor Harvey Perlman to cease discussing the contract of the athletic director or any possible extensions.

Its not the time or place, Eichorst said. The focus needs to be on our kids, on our coaches, on our staff and on our fan base, and Im 100 percent committed to that. Im good with where Im at from an employment perspective, because I know were doing great things in the organization.

Eichorst earned a little respect from me after this article. Glad he told Perlman to pipe down

Actually there is a fairly solid rumor that this was all hatched beforehand ................in order to give Eichorst an opportunity to show the fans he is thoughtful and decent...............and put the onus back on Perlman as the "bad" guy since he is gone in June anyway. A parting gift from the chancellor.

Take it for what it's worth, but it's "out there" from a pretty elevated source.

How does one judge the solidity of a rumor?

measure it's density by submerging it in water?

I thought that's how you determined if someone is a witch...

You don't actually need to submerge them for that...just check to see if they weigh the same as a duck

Crap, that's right. It's been a while since someone has been accused of witchcraft, so I forgot. My bad. :thumbs

I respect that a lot.

I believe him when he said that he was undecided about firing Bo up until the last minute and therefore do not think he was out to get or sabotage Bo or was hired to be the hatchetman.

Then why was he not giving interviews and hanging out in locker rooms after wins before?

Maybe he took Bo's lesson to heart.

Do you know for a fact that he's never been in the locker room after games win or loss?

I respect that a lot.

I believe him when he said that he was undecided about firing Bo up until the last minute and therefore do not think he was out to get or sabotage Bo or was hired to be the hatchetman.

Then why was he not giving interviews and hanging out in locker rooms after wins before?

Maybe he took Bo's lesson to heart.

Or maybe it actually went more like this....

Eichorst: "Bo, I'd like to come by practice sometime. Check things out and see how the kids are doin. You ok with that?"

Bo: "f#*k you f'ing c**t. Who you think you are? Coach Osborne? Why dont you and that pu&&y Perlman just kiss my ass all the way to Mcdonalds"

When you give me legit reason to fully believe it DIDNT go down like this, I'll stop.

I do know for a fact Benning said it wasn't like this. Like I said before in these threads just because Bo was a loudmouth it doesn't mean he pulled the stuff he said about Eichorst out of his ass.

From Lee Barfknecht's column today (11/9):

Then we learned Eichorst already had been granted one-year extensions each of the past two summers. Funny thing is no documentation of those extensions was included in the contract The World-Herald requested last week under the state’s open records laws.

According to that contract, Eichorst’s salary and fringe benefits can change without written modification. But note this wording: “This Contract may be amended at any time by a written instrument duly approved by the University and accepted by Mr. Eichorst.” So where is the “written instrument” of Eichorst’s two one-year contract extensions?

“If you look at most of the Power Five conferences, the industry practice is to keep coaches and athletic directors on five-year contracts. If you don’t do that, you seriously impact your ability to recruit.”

For coaches of revenue-producing sports, that is 100 percent accurate. Opposing schools will use contract lengths of less than five years to plant seeds of doubt with recruits about whether the coach signing them will be there for the athlete’s career.
But five-year deals for athletic directors for recruiting purposes?
I’d never heard of that, and this is my 35th season of power conference football and basketball. So I called two nationally respected ADs who I regularly ask for counsel. Automatic five-year deals were news to them, too.
I’m president of the Football Writers Association of America, so I contacted some fellow longtime board members. None said they had heard of it.
Still curious, I called the head of the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics. Bob Vecchione, the executive director, is in his 24th year at the 52-year-old organization in Cleveland that is a professional and educational arm for college ADs.
My general question was whether he had seen or heard of any industry standard of athletic directors having five years on their contracts, with recruiting as a reason.
“There is no one-size-fits-all in our business,” Vecchione said. “But to say most ADs now get a standard five-year rollover or five-year extension, that’s maybe stretching it a little bit.”

OWH