Tangent Thread - December 2015 Edition

Mavric

Somebody on here mentioned about 3 weeks ago that NU was considered in Vegas to be a 7-2 team - with our 2-1 record since then that would make us similar to a 9-3 team. I know we are (5-7) however Vegas is usually spot on by the last part of the season and I would expect the game and line to be close.

Uh, sure. If that helps you feel good. Why not make it 11-1?

Next season the goal will be to have a bowl outside of Florida or California

Next season, the goal should be to actually deserve a bowl. Not steal a "win" on a horrifically bad call and then get a bid to a bowl game out of pity. Fact is, we do NOT deserve a bowl this year. We should be more ashamed than excited. Next up: participation trophies and orange slices...count me out. Missouri is the only team with enough class to say thanks but no thanks.

your not a player or a coach so drop the "we" sh#t. this team didn't beg to get a bowl game but as things are they did. Ucla got the same treatment a few years back. Extra practice time wont hurt.

• Fire 2

Next season, the goal should be to actually deserve a bowl. Not steal a "win" on a horrifically bad call and then get a bid to a bowl game out of pity. Fact is, we do NOT deserve a bowl this year. We should be more ashamed than excited. Next up: participation trophies and orange slices...count me out. Missouri is the only team with enough class to say thanks but no thanks.

That was a horrifically bad post, but I'll give you a participation trophy for taking part in this discussion.

• Fire 3

your not a player or a coach so drop the "we" sh#t. this team didn't beg to get a bowl game but as things are they did. Ucla got the same treatment a few years back. Extra practice time wont hurt.

Amen

Neither are you, that said, as a fan, I use "we" generically to describe the fan base. You know the same people who are tripping all over themselves after "beating" MSU and "deserving" a bowl game. The difference between you and I, is that I am intellectually honest about the state of our program and don't typically flame other posters. This post is self defense. We do not deserve a bowl game. Not even close. But, after UCLA beats the crap out of "The Huskers" (note, I didn't say us)...I will have the last laugh. That will officially be rock bottom. We should not play in this game. But whatever, put on your rose-colored glasses and enjoy the well-deserved game, and carry on. GBR.

[edit] Sorry, I also think we should run, not walk, back to the Big Twelve. I don't think we will ever fit in in the B1G. We just don't get the respect we deserve. [Oops, used we again, please replace with Nebraska]

You sound frustrated

Neither are you, that said, as a fan, I use "we" generically to describe the fan base. You know the same people who are tripping all over themselves after "beating" MSU and "deserving" a bowl game. The difference between you and I, is that I am intellectually honest about the state of our program and don't typically flame other posters. This post is self defense. We do not deserve a bowl game. Not even close. But, after UCLA beats the crap out of "The Huskers" (note, I didn't say us)...I will have the last laugh. That will officially be rock bottom. We should not play in this game. But whatever, put on your rose-colored glasses and enjoy the well-deserved game, and carry on. GBR.

[edit] Sorry, I also think we should run, not walk, back to the Big Twelve. I don't think we will ever fit in in the B1G. We just don't get the respect we deserve. [Oops, used we again, please replace with Nebraska]

Why would Nebraska want to go back to the B12, ESPN said today that the B10 was the best conference in football this year. The B12 is damn lucky to even get a team in the playoffs.

Are you even a fan? If you are why would you "laugh" after a loss?

• Fire 3

Because we shouldn't even be in the bowl discussion, that's why. Because we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. that's why. Sorry, I am all out of kool-aid. I truly believe we do not deserve a bowl game. Even if we win, we still won't be .500. That's pretty pathetic. You would agree, if you are being honest.

Because we shouldn't even be in the bowl discussion, that's why. Because we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. that's why. Sorry, I am all out of kool-aid. I truly believe we do not deserve a bowl game. Even if we win, we still won't be .500. That's pretty pathetic. You would agree, if you are being h

Because we shouldn't even be in the bowl discussion, that's why. Because we have nothing to gain and everything to lose. that's why. Sorry, I am all out of kool-aid. I truly believe we do not deserve a bowl game. Even if we win, we still won't be .500. That's pretty pathetic. You would agree, if you are being honest.

easy fix for ya, don't watch the game.

We didn't steal a win. Sorry, but MSU benefited from that same rule a couple weeks later and you don't hear anyone crying about how MSU "stole a win on a horrifically bad call". If you understood the rule, you would understand that the official made the correct call on the field. Nobody gave us a bowl invite out of pity, there are rules for determining which teams get an invite and because of those rules NU was at the top of the list for invites.

Did we earn our bowl bid? I don't believe so, but I'll take the it and the extra practices that go along with it.

• Fire 2

We didn't steal a win. Sorry, but MSU benefited from that same rule a couple weeks later and you don't hear anyone crying about how MSU "stole a win on a horrifically bad call". If you understood the rule, you would understand that the official made the correct call on the field. Nobody gave us a bowl invite out of pity, there are rules for determining which teams get an invite and because of those rules NU was at the top of the list for invites.

Did we earn our bowl bid? I don't believe so, but I'll take the it and the extra practices that go along with it.

Sorry, I do understand the rule and they got it wrong. Completely and totally wrong. Reilly ran himself out of bounds. Period. Watch it again. and again and again if that's what it takes for you to see what happened, as opposed to what you want to see. Blown call. Has happened far too much this season (ask NC about the offsides call).

Sorry, I do understand the rule and they got it wrong. Completely and totally wrong. Reilly ran himself out of bounds. Period. Watch it again. and again and again if that's what it takes for you to see what happened, as opposed to what you want to see. Blown call. Has happened far too much this season (ask NC about the offsides call).
So if we dont score on that play we absolutely would not have scored on another and won?? Ifs and buts.

No expert agrees with you. Not one. Let that sink in.

Here's a list of individuals who were all conference and no longer on the team. Riddle me this, batman, which one is longer?

Coaches:

Kenny Bell (1st Team)

Ameer Abdullah (2nd Team)

Zaire Anderson (Honorable Mention)

Jake Cotton (Honorable Mention)

Josh Mitchell (Honorable Mention)

Media:

Randy Gregory (1st Team)

Ameer Abdullah (2nd Team)

Zaire Anderson (Honorable Mention)

Kenny Bell (HM)

Corey Cooper (Honorable Mention)

Jake Cotton (Honorable Mention)

Josh Mitchell (Honorable Mention)

Last year we had four defenders on your list. This year we have three defenders and two specialists.

We'll see how the offense comes out but that seems pretty comparable.

You forgot to call him Robin :)

That was funny. :lol: