The prophecy

They are beatable. Their RB ripped off 195 yards on 26 carries. Need to stop the run and contain Beathard from running. Rattle his cage. He got banged up a little tonight. They play some physical football for sure. Got to punch them in the throat from the jump. Set the tone.

A win ruins their season and gets us bowling. I'll take it.

Hope you're right, I'd love a win.

Being a spoiler is, well, pathetic, tho.

I don't get it. Yeah, being a spoiler isn't the position we should be in, but it's the position we find ourselves in. You say all of this as if it would just be better if Nebraska loses: at least they'll fit their pathetic role.

Absurd.

• Fire 5

I don't get it. Yeah, being a spoiler isn't the position we should be in, but it's the position we find ourselves in. You say all of this as if it would just be better if Nebraska loses: at least they'll fit their pathetic role.

Absurd.

No. I say this as Nebraska should be an actual contender in arguably the worst division in FBS football, not a bottom feeding footnote.

Yeah, that's really absurd.

Win this game, and the bowl game and 2016 and future becomes extremely anticipated.

Mich st was 7-6 in 2012. 5 lossesby less than ten points.

Back to the future........

...... of 2004

nothing like those years. Nothing at all. Those teams (2004 and 2007) got worse as the year progressed. This team has shown considerable progress in the past couple games.
  • Fire 9

We beat iowa, knocking off 2 top 10 teams in one month, not getting blown out in any game besides the vortex that was Purdue and I will be counting the days to 2016 kickoff!

I was all ready to buy Mike Riley the nicest Schwin bicycle to ride back to Corvallis.

A 7-6 finish considering? I'd be sold.

Win this game, and the bowl game and 2016 and future becomes extremely anticipated.

Mich st was 7-6 in 2012. 5 lossesby less than ten points.

Back to the future........

...... of 2004

nothing like those years. Nothing at all. Those teams (2004 and 2007) got worse as the year progressed. This team has shown considerable progress in the past couple games.

That's an excellent point. Something I hadn't really given much thought to. I remember 2007. After losing to a talented USC team the Huskers just sort of gave up. We let Ball State come into our house the next week and almost beat us. Finished the 2007 season by dropping six out of seven games.

This year is different. We dropped an excruciating number of close games due to injuries, bad luck and boneheaded plays. But there's no quit in this team. Even though the season was in the toilet halfway through October our guys kept scratching and clawing. Ya gotta respect that. And it bodes well for next year. :thumbs:

• Fire 3

Absurd.

No. I say this as Nebraska should be an actual contender in arguably the worst division in FBS football, not a bottom feeding footnote.

Yeah, that's really absurd.

Well said.