Overtime: Iowa Post-game Overreaction

Can we not start threads to call out players? We are not Shaggy Bevo.

SorryNotSorry, this has gone on long enough. Not saying he is a bad person, just saying he should not be under center. By his third year as a QB he should be improved, yet he is regressing. It's done, I like the idea of a grad transfer or juco. Bring in someone who can get the job done.

I thought I would never see something as stupid as the Illinois game again in the same year, and then we get the fourth and 1 fade route

If that pass would have been completed for a TD, it would have been a genius call. The player was covered . . . Armstrong should not have thrown it on a 4th and 1. He need to progress to the next receiver. I confess I was mystified by Armstrong's performance today.
you were mystified? This is what we have gotten from him all year and it was windy

I thought I would never see something as stupid as the Illinois game again in the same year, and then we get the fourth and 1 fade route

If that pass would have been completed for a TD, it would have been a genius call. The player was covered . . . Armstrong should not have thrown it on a 4th and 1. He need to progress to the next receiver. I confess I was mystified by Armstrong's performance today.
you were mystified? This is what we have gotten from him all year and it was windy

You're probably right, but usually he gets in two or three good passes. I don't know that he managed one tonight.

Overreaction or the truth? Not a great game plan besides a pretty decent try at running the ball. Armstrong simply hasn't progressed in this, his 3rd yr as a starter. Good players make plays such as: Banderas makes the int in 1st qtr, Armstrong doesn't throw the ball to their guy 3 times, he audibles out of that pick 6 play (or the left tackle actually blocks that guy better), we revover 1 of their fumbles, we don't throw it 3 times on 2nd and 3 (bad coaching), Foltz doesn't hit out of bounds, etc

Nebraska isn't very good, hasn't been all year, and our record and our mistakes prove it. That's not an overreaction that's the truth.

Man, does the press just love to lob easy questions to Riley or what?

Here's a real question: "Coach, can you explain who made the call on the 4th-and-1 to have Tommy in the shotgun, instead of at the line, and why a pass play, and not a run play, was called?"

I have a feeling Riley would have spewed the exact same lame-ass answer, but still. Have some balls.