Heavy heart today

ScottyIce

Man, today was the hardest loss of the season.

I feel so bad for Gerry. I feel bad for the seniors. I pray that we still make a bowl game and that we play well in it.

I am still ready for the bigred machine. Just hope the season isn't over.

How many years have well all been waiting on the "bigred machine"? Personally I'd like a bowl as well for the team but we need a new QB!

There were moments in this game that are worth remembering. The Defense played with a lot of heart and played very well. Despite a couple of big plays, they held Iowa at some key times.

The Blackshirts have improved over the year and did quite well.

honestly I thought the blackshirts played greAt. Other than the two big run plays, which seemed conspicuously to be designed to make the safety make a play after Gerry went out. sh#t the refs gifted Iowa on those two early drives, too.

Man, today was the hardest loss of the season.

I feel so bad for Gerry. I feel bad for the seniors. I pray that we still make a bowl game and that we play well in it.

I am still ready for the bigred machine. Just hope the season isn't over.

How many years have well all been waiting on the "bigred machine"? Personally I'd like a bowl as well for the team but we need a new QB!

New QB on the way. Either in 16 of 17.

I pray we get lucky and make a bowl. Seniors deserve it.

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

• Fire 2

Serious question. Not being a smart ass. Why do they deserve a bowl game? Because they've been here 4 years? Because why?

I hate to be hard on them but they haven't earned and don't deserve anything. A lot of that is on the coaches but a lot of it is on unmotivated play of the players. Sorry but I don't want to see this edition of the Huskers on the field again. We need to concentrate on getting a better version on the field next year. Much better.

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.

• Fire 2

So many people on HB laughed and scoffed when, in seasons past, a 5-7 team made it to a bowl game. Some were pissed. Now that WE are the 5-7 team, it's a great idea to go to a bowl game. My vote is no. We didn't earn it.

It's a participation trophy

agree, lets stop this sh#t of everyone gets a trophy!!!

Everyone needs to get past whether it is earned or not, what really matters is what is best for the team to make 2016 better. Reality is that going to a bowl game allows the team 15 additional practices, which is the same a Spring Ball. That is huge, so get over the other aspects and get on board for a 5-7 team going to a bowl game.
  • Fire 1

Everyone needs to get past whether it is earned or not, what really matters is what is best for the team to make 2016 better. Reality is that going to a bowl game allows the team 15 additional practices, which is the same a Spring Ball. That is huge, so get over the other aspects and get on board for a 5-7 team going to a bowl game.

I'd say that the less time this staff has to poison the players, the better.

Agreed. If we didn't accept somebody else sure would... It wouldn't do anything but hurt us.

I'd say that the less time this staff has to poison the players, the better.
"Poison" the players, are you serious? Look, I wasn't a fan of the MR hire, but we are going to have him around for at least 2-3 more years whether we like it or not. I would prefer to ensure that he has the best chance possible to prove us all wrong. I do see some positives so maybe getting an extra Spring Ball session will allow him to spring board for next year.
  • Fire 1