Historically Average HC Goes 5-7

cm husker

And fans blame the quarterback who qb'ed for teams that won at least 9 games in each of his previous seasons.

Who says Nebraskans don't enjoy the taste of their own?

Hey, you came out of hiding after three weeks of wins and positive vibes here, coupled with Pelini's season-ending losses and well-publicized meltdowns. You must be so relieved to get back on schedule with your Riley/Nebraska/Eichorst bashing.

Cool.

Great thread.

Just getting annoyed with the player blaming and bashing. That tends to die down when NU is winning. Now it flares up as an excuse.

FYI, I posted after MSU. Not so much during the bye week.

They were still bashing the players after the wins. At least that's how I see comments like "the players finally bought in" or "I wish the players bought in sooner". Some fans will do anything to protect Riley from any kind of criticism.

You think saying this is bashing players?
It is bashing the players. It's deflecting criticism away from Riley and putting it on the players.
I can agree with deflecting, but it is NOT player bashing... well, it isn't unless you have an agenda to push. To me all that means is there were players that were not happy with Bo... AH hah, that is the reason some call it bashing.. The Bo thing again.
Its literally blaming the players by saying they aren't doing what they're being taught.

It's the EXACT same thing as "they just didn't execute" that Bo said for 7 years. And we all know how much the fans loved hearing that...

Sometimes the players don't execute. Even Bo wasn't wrong about that all of the time.

All Armstrong has to do to avoid it is not throw 4 ints

.All Langsdorf had to do was not put a quarterback on the field who would throw four interceptions.
Or call deep passes into a super stiff wind, or continually run outside zone plays with the slowest IB on the roster, or maybe give Jano a carry...
  • Fire 1

And fans blame the quarterback who qb'ed for teams that won at least 9 games in each of his previous seasons.

Hey, you came out of hiding after three weeks of wins and positive vibes here, coupled with Pelini's season-ending losses and well-publicized meltdowns. You must be so relieved to get back on schedule with your Riley/Nebraska/Eichorst bashing.

Cool.

Great thread.

Just getting annoyed with the player blaming and bashing. That tends to die down when NU is winning. Now it flares up as an excuse.

They were still bashing the players after the wins. At least that's how I see comments like "the players finally bought in" or "I wish the players bought in sooner". Some fans will do anything to protect Riley from any kind of criticism.

It is bashing the players. It's deflecting criticism away from Riley and putting it on the players.
I can agree with deflecting, but it is NOT player bashing... well, it isn't unless you have an agenda to push. To me all that means is there were players that were not happy with Bo... AH hah, that is the reason some call it bashing.. The Bo thing again.
Its literally blaming the players by saying they aren't doing what they're being taught.

It's the EXACT same thing as "they just didn't execute" that Bo said for 7 years. And we all know how much the fans loved hearing that...

Sometimes the players don't execute. Even Bo wasn't wrong about that all of the time.

Right, but it's your job as a coach to put your guys into the best position to succeed. Neither HC has consistently done that.

I put more blame on the play calling. Tommy is a horrible passing QB because of his terrible decision making, so what do they do? They have him throw 40 times a game.

TA would not start for any other Top 10 program.

Top 10? Not sure. Maybe not, but maybe OSU. But he'd start at Oregon right now. He'd start at some other good programs too. He should have been all conference this year.

Get out of here with that.

Cool.

Great thread.

It certainly implies that the problem was the players beforehand.

Tommy is an all conference talent who has been put in bad positions game after game. Is he perfect? No. But no college quarterbacks are

Cool.

Great thread.

I can see the point, but I still disagree that it is bashing. Was Gerry bashing his teammates when he said the same thing? No, he was merely pointing out some players had not bought in fully for one reason or another.

4 INTs will lose you most games and, I'm sorry, I have to blame the loss mainly on TA since he throw those INTs. Seriously, those were some of the worst passing attempts I've seen in quite awhile. I think we've seen the best of TA. No, his mechanics aren't going to improve, yes, he'll continue to throw it up for grabs at random, and therefore we will continue to live and die by the sword.

But what really got my blood boiling, when I starting unleashing profanities at the TV, was that INSANE 4th and 1 call by Langs, yeah, the fade route to Reilly. WOW, never seen such a bad call in my 50+ yrs. Maybe the worst playcall I've ever seen. What can you do when a coach calls a play like that? But it seems Langs--and/or TA--frequently want to go for the homerun when they would be better off executuing the "small plays".

As to Riley, I've said for years the guy is a mixed bag, so no I don't think he will ever get us to the Promised Land. It's an up and down thing with him and we'll most likely gravitate at ~ 8 wins per under his regime.

Cool.

Great thread.

It certainly implies that the problem was the players beforehand.

Tommy is an all conference talent who has been put in bad positions game after game. Is he perfect? No. But no college quarterbacks are

It implies that PART of the problem is the players not buying into Riley. Gerry said the same thing (finally buying in part).

Tommy is a great athlete, I will give him that. You don't win big games with the number of mental mistakes he makes. But I put most of that on the coaches for putting him in those situations to begin with.

I was 100% behind Mike (because I had no choice. Was totally shocked by the hire), but since then he has showed me, well nothing. I also 100% get the arguement that he needs his players to run his system... but he lied. He said he would fit his system to the players we have. The OC is not doing that, and the OC is under Riley, so it is ultimately Mike's fault. Banker is a failure so far as well, and defense wins championships.

I put more blame on the play calling. Tommy is a horrible passing QB because of his terrible decision making, so what do they do? They have him throw 40 times a game.

TA would not start for any other Top 10 program.

I completely agree. TA is a great runner, and makes great decision with the pitch. His passing, and passing decisions are not nearly as good. The coaches should play to his strengths. With TA's legs, Jano, Cross and Ozigbo, why do you throw the ball deep on 4th and 1 on a cold windy day?

• Fire 1