21 interceptions on the year...

Saunders

In defense of TA, I decided to look back at Riley's qb's over the years. I found some info that was surprising and a little troubling

2003 - 24 int - Derek Anderson

2004 - 17 int - Derek Anderson

2005 - 19 int - Matt Moore

2006 - 7 int - Matt Moore

2007 - 21 int - Sean Canfield/Lyle Moevao

2008 - 15 int - Sean Canfield/Lyle Moevao

2009 - 7 int - Sean Canfield

2010 - 11 int - Ryan Katz

2011 - 19 int - Ryan Katz/Sean Mannion

2012 - 16 int - Sean Mannion/Cody Vaz

2013 - 16 int - Sean Mannion/ Cody Vaz

2014 - 8 int - Sean Mannion

Looking at this list, TA's int total should not surprising. These were all pro style qb's many of whom are in the NFL. I think we should get used to seeing double digit int's as long as Riley is coach. Especially with first year starters...

The Riley offense is what I referenced numerous times when people wanted game manager types at QB's. Simply put, Riley wants playmakers at offense and runs a high risk-reward offense. His turnover marks would show that. Riley doesn't want to focus on the run game and have the QB "manage" the game.

• Fire 1

In defense of TA, I decided to look back at Riley's qb's over the years. I found some info that was surprising and a little troubling

Looking at this list, TA's int total should not surprising. These were all pro style qb's many of whom are in the NFL. I think we should get used to seeing double digit int's as long as Riley is coach. Especially with first year starters...

Was just looking for these stats. Thanks for posting. So clearly not TA's fault, or at least not his sole fault.

This is an average staff continuing a long trend.

Personally, I would not have a problem seeing where things go, if people would quit blaming players.

Was just looking for these stats. Thanks for posting. So clearly not TA's fault, or at least not his sole fault.

Personally, I would not have a problem seeing where things go, if people would quit blaming players.

Then the player should quit throwing stupid interceptions. He thinks he has to make a play instead of throwing it away. Hopfully POB will put enough pressure on him to make him fear for his job. He might be inclined to make better decisions.

Ummm, you know the other team is trying too and has coaches that prepared them as well if not better.

I would give him more of a break if the defense had to put in some effort to get in front of one.

Or if the staff did not put him those positions...I mean, you don't make your 7 foot center dribble to break the press...

Then the player should quit throwing stupid interceptions. He thinks he has to make a play instead of throwing it away. Hopfully POB will put enough pressure on him to make him fear for his job. He might be inclined to make better decisions.
So you are blaming the players for the INT's at Oregon State, but who recruited, developed, and called the plays for those QB's who threw all those INT's at Oregon Statw. The one constant in all of those INT riddled years is Riley.

Tommie is a gunslinger by nature, you aren't going to change him now.......he will have to ride the pine for the INT's to go away.

So you are blaming the players for the INT's at Oregon State, but who recruited, developed, and called the plays for those QB's who threw all those INT's at Oregon Statw. The one constant in all of those INT riddled years is Riley.

No, I blame all the INT's thrown at Baylor and Texas Tech on Riley, he vacations in Texas you know.

The qb at Oregon St threw 11 INT's this year, last year under Riley their qb threw 8, without Riley they increased 30%. Yup Riley's fault. That's a constant I guess. Ha!

Hmm. Looks to me like it's people seeing what they want to see... From looking at the stats, the "average" staff seemed to help cut down on the number of interceptions each year. I suppose that could be construed to be all because of the quarterback in spite of the coaches. I know that's how several people on here would spin it. Can we just cut the crap and admit it's not all on the coaches but is also on some of the completely stupid decisions made by TA? Unfortunately it's not just as easy as blaming one party. Everybody has some work to do.

With the knowledge that there is a 99.9% chance of this staff being here for 1-2 more seasons, I want to blindly buy into a lot of the things Radar is saying, but those INT stats might have snapped me out of make-believe land where I just hope this staff is better here than they were at OSU. It's hard to believe.

With the knowledge that there is a 99.9% chance of this staff being here for 1-2 more seasons, I want to blindly buy into a lot of the things Radar is saying, but those INT stats might have snapped me out of make-believe land where I just hope this staff is better here than they were at OSU. It's hard to believe.

How about we wait until POB gets here in January and see how the career of a real passing Qb goes. TA is just a run and chuck it qb. Manion had just 8 INT's last year under Riley.